The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
It is staggering to consider, what God has declared He would do and what He has promised to bring to pass. It is also extremely challenging to view our present condition as a people. Just live here for a while, and you will understand. Given these things, our faith is challenged, and we continuously cry to the Lord for a revelation of Himself and in His Word, so that we might be enabled and strengthen in our faith, to go on praying in a meaningful way. (There is plenty of praying, the kind of which is utterly useless and a waste of time - His and ours…)
Thankfully, God has not left us without an answer to our need. He has not only told us what He will do but also how He will do it. He has shown us how He will bring us from where we are, to where He is, to where He is taking us.
Read Ezekiel 37:24-28 This is one of the places where the Lord has revealed what He will do. It is beyond amazing to realize what He has planned. Is it speaking of the actual return of the Lord and His dwelling among us? Is this the fullness of the restoration of all things? Surely we can pray into this promise without having to figure it out.....Instead of getting a headache thinking about it, we can adore Him and let the scriptures bring us to a longing for Himself and for the time He will be Here! I can’t imagine what it will be like to have Yeshua as King of Israel in reality! Can you?
Read Micah 7:2-7 as a description of our condition today. What was true then is also true today.
What will bring The Change? What will God do to effect such a colossal change in the hearts of the whole nation? What can possible God do?
Read Zechariah 12:10 and Zechariah 13:1
Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
Zechariah 13:1 “In that day a fountain shall be opened for the house of David and for the inhabitants of Jerusalem, for sin and for uncleanness"
That’s what God will do!
Firstly, it will be by the Holy Spirit! True repentance comes from heaven, it is initiated in the heart of God. The Spirit of God is the Spirit of Repentance. It is His turning to us, that enables us, yea even compels us to turn to Him. Let us be clear on this — Israel’s turning to God begins in Heaven, in God’s motion towards His people!
Secondly, He will pour out the Spirit of Grace and Supplication. One Spirit but two distinct things: One - The Spirit of Grace - is the Spirit of God revealing to us His Love, at the cross; it is the love of God in the crucified Messiah, In Yeshua. We will see Him whom we have pierced. This is how God by the Holy Spirit will bring conviction on this nation. (John 16:8)
Thirdly, that Spirit of Grace that comes and opens our eyes to see, The One whom We have crucified, will also be the Spirit of supplication, of beseeching. He will raise in us a mighty Cry: “Have Mercy on us Son of David!” Oh, what a Day!
- We thanked God and acknowledged His Goal and plan
- We thanked God for His love and faithfulness to our nation!
- We acknowledged our sense of unworthiness as a nation and a people for such Faithfulness, Grace and Love.
- We acknowledged our sinfulness and condition as a nation (we agreed with God in His description of us.)
- We prayed for that promised outpouring of His Spirit of Grace and of Supplication
- We begged God to break our self-righteousness by His mercy
- We thanked Him for His Mercy and Love
- We asked that He would hasten the day and not contend forever (Isaiah 57:16)
- We prayed that our people will be so convicted by the operation of the Spirit that they will flock to that fountain of cleansing (Zech 13:1), that is, acknowledge their need for the Blood of the Lamb of God
- We prayed that the Lord would give, especially the religious, a great revelation of His mercy
- We asked for a divine dissatisfaction in the hearts of those who are content with mere religion and outward observance, and mere writings and legends of men
- We asked that the Lord would stir many in this nation and give them a longing for mercy, a hunger for grace.
- We prayed much for the outpouring of His Spirit upon this nation.
We prayed for the Body of Messiah
- We prayed for the many who have come to faith but have no revelation of the cross
- We prayed that same revelation that is to come upon Israel, to come now upon the Body
- We prayed for the breaking of self-righteousness in the Body of Messiah
- We prayed that the believers in the Land may feel their need for the Blood of Messiah, every day, every hour.
- We prayed for a great thirst for the water of life (Spirit in John 7:37-39)
- We prayed for a craving for the Word in the Body, in the congregations, in the hearts of the believers
- We asked the Lord to convict us of the ways of the world and of the flesh
We prayed for the nations around us - in a protective/redemptive way
While we stand firmly before the Lord to protect our nation from the evil desires of the nations around us to annihilate us, we also pray for the redemptive plan of God for those nations, in the process of the restoration of Israel.
In Micah 7:16-17 is one of the places in scriptures that show clearly that God’s restoration of Israel brings awe and a fear upon the nations around here. See Isaiah 2 as well - There, God rebukes the nations, but the end result is that they come to hear the Word of the Lord. The same is expressed in Ezekiel 36, you can find it there.
- We prayed much for the protection of Israel from her unfriendly neighbors: Hamas in Gaza, Hezbollah in Lebanon, Iran and Syria in Syria, etc….
- We declared the Lord has brought us here to Life and not unto death
- We prayed the Lord would not let the nations prevail in their demonic schemes
- We acknowledged that the nations around us are bound by the darkness of Islam
- We asked for the Light to come, in redemptive judgment and in mercy
- We remembered the many believers in such nations as Iran and Syria and Lebanon
- We prayed that the nations will know that the Lord He is God alone!
- We asked the Lord to use the natural disasters to turn many to God (severe drought in Iran, Locusts in Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries in our region)
We prayed for our upcoming elections
- We asked God for Mercy! Oh how we need mercy in this whole business of government!
- Lord you see the need within the Land
- Lord you know the unrighteousness and corruption
- Lord you see the poverty
- Lord you see the political “market.”
- Lord you see the need to open the country to Aliya (immigration) and absorption
- Lord you see the need as far as defense goes
- Lord the Government is upon Your shoulders — chose the leaders you want in all departments… make this government serve your purpose for this nation, including your promises to bless the people and give them a hope and a future!
- Regarding the soon to be revealed Trump plan for the Middle East, we prayed: Lord save us from our friends...
Thank you for standing with us. May the Lord refresh you in the Word, and may He, strengthen your Faith and establish your Hope in Him!
Blessings from Jerusalem,