The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Matt. 13:23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”
While on a prayer tour in the Golan, we noticed the massive amount of stones in the fields, as you can see from the picture. To make these fields arable, the rocks have to be removed. This takes much work as you can imagine; multiple times of plowing and removing, plowing and removing stones, until the soil is ready to be sown!
We noted that although the Lord has already pronounced blessings on the land (See Ezekiel 36:8-12), we have to toil to bring the blessing to the fullness of expression. The blessing is there, but we have a part also!
We were inspired to “plow” in prayer for the Lord to remove the “stones” from the spiritual fields of Israel, to make her fruitful for God.
We asked those present in the prayer meeting to name “stones” that we could pray for the Lord to remove.
These are the “stones” we prayed the Lord would take out from Body of Messiah
- Lack of consecration
- Self-Righteousness - clothe us with your garments, O Lord - Isaiah 61:10 Remove stones of Self-righteousness and clothe us as a bride adorned with humility. Wash and cleanse us and reveal the cross of your love to your children
- Stone of compromise
- Stone of indifference to sharing the gospel
- Sin (covetousness, pride, envy, anger, adultery, impurity
- Sexual compromise
- Cares of this world
- Fear and distrust of God
(It is hard to pray this way, isn’t it? One would rather pray more positively, it feels better. But no doubt, farmers would rather not have to sweat taking stones out of the ground either.)
On the positive side, we remembered what one farmer in the Gaza Strip told us before they were evacuated. When we visited there, we were astounded to see huge celery plants growing in tiny pots. When we asked about it, the farmer told us that the soil there was impoverished, but that that made it easy for them to drip nutrients via a computer, to each pot. She also shared with us that when the first settlers came to Gaza after the '73 war, the locals thought they were crazy, that nothing would grow there as the soil was so poor. But the settlers responded by saying, "The God who brought us back to the land, will bless this land." They believed in the promise of blessing of the Land, but also worked hard to see it come to pass.
So as you can see, it's not only necessary to take stuff out of the ground, such as stones, but also to put into the soil things that would make it rich. Prayer works in similar ways too…
- We prayed for the Lord to pour out His Spirit (rain) on the Body in the Land
- We prayed for the Lord to “dung” the trees of righteousness in the land (KJV!) Luke 13:6-8
- We prayed God would send a great hunger and thirst for His Word in the Body
- We prayed for those who don’t read the Word of God regularly
- We prayed for fear of God to fill the hearts of God’s people
- Is there anyone in your life that seems his or her life is full of “stones” or the “soil” of their heart seems so poor, or chocked up…. Pray for them, in those ways.
We prayed for Israel’s redemption and salvation along the same ways
- The stone of Self-Righteousness is enormous in the land. We prayed for the Lord to bring a revelation of our need, as a people for His Righteousness!
- We prayed for the Lord to bring great conviction upon many (John 16:8)
- We prayed for the Lord to remove unbelief, stubbornness
- We cried to God regarding how this nation has relegated Yeshua to the darkest corner of their consciousness. (Romans 10:3)
- We cried to the Lord to remove the stumbling stone of Church-History as an excuse for Jews not to believe in their King
We prayed for the removal of “stones” from the process of Aliya
- We prayed for those Jews living in prosperous countries that the Lord would remove the stones of riches as an excuse for staying in the US or France etc.
- We prayed for those who are helping Aliya, such as Nefesh b’Nefesh, Ebenezer, etc…
- We prayed for any stones of indifference and blockages in the ministry of Interior to Aliya
- We prayed for any remaining Ethiopian Jews to be brought to Israel
We prayed for Israel’s security needs
- For God to remove the stone of BDS
- We prayed into the resistance of the nations to Israel, and the growing anti-Israel, anti-Semitism in the world
- We prayed into the formidable threat Israel faces from her “neighbors”.
We prayed for the Lord to place the people of His choosing to lead Israel - Elections are coming.
Thanks for standing with us for Israel and for God’s purposes in the earth.
Blessings from Jerusalem,