These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Salvation as Redemption - Praying for Israel’s salvation in spite of the holidays
We say in spite of because the holy days in Israel are so full of traditions, liturgy, excitement, activities, gatherings that they can fill one’s heart with a certain satisfaction that beclouds the face of God.
You can imagine what an amazing spectacle it was to be in the temple at the Feast of Tabernacles. The pageantry, the clothing of the priests, the enormous amount of sacrifices, and the huge happy crowds gathered from every corner of Israel. Imagine seeing the priests arrive from the pool of Siloam with the beautiful vessel full of water. Imagine them approaching the altar - this is the high moment of the last day of the feast - all eyes are upon them, hearts are pounding. But its all a distraction and It is at this moment, that Yeshua cries with a loud voice, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:37-38
- We prayed for God to break through to the people of Israel as they go through the Day of Atonement, and then the Feast of Tabernacles.
- We prayed for a mighty spirit of conviction to touch the hearts of many.
- We prayed for the Spirit of Prayer (grace and supplications - Zech 12:10) to wash over the land.
- We prayed for the revelation of Yeshua the Messiah as God’s only way to righteousness
- We prayed for a mighty longing for God to come over many (1Samuel 7:2)
Salvation as Aliya
Therefore prophesy and say to them, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. Then you shall know that I am the LORD when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up from your graves. I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’ ” Ezekiel 37:12-14
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away Matt. 24:35
In this well-known ‘Dry Bones’ passage quoted above, the Lord speaks of Israel’s dispersion and exile among the nations as a death and burial. Death speaks of helplessness, finality, bondage. Resurrection (Ezekiel 37:13) speaks of God’s intervention in History; Israel’s national resurrection is a national salvation. Aliya, (immigrating to Israel) is God’s doing. It is His purpose and plan.
- We prayed for the Jews who are ‘buried’ in the United States, to be brought out of that grave and to Israel.
- We similarly prayed for Jews in other lands who are similarly ‘buried’ in those nations.
- We prayed for Messianic Jews to make Aliya. (When the Jewish contractor, who is working in our yard, heard that Messianic Jews are Zionists because of the Word of God found in the prophets, he spontaneously asked us: “then why don’t the messianic Jews in the nations make Aliya?” Good question!
Salvation as protection
”…..And according to Your abundant mercies, You gave them deliverers who saved them From the hand of their enemies.” Nehemiah 9:27b
"He saved them from the hand of him who hated them, And redeemed them from the hand of the enemy." Psa. 106:10
Oh, how Israel needs this kind of salvation! Our enemies spend enormous energy, time, money, thought, and plans, all with a deep desire to destroy Israel. This is not a natural thing, but a sub-natural (coming from hell itself).
The North Korea-Iran cooperation in missile and nuclear technology is well known, as we have already shared in other Prayer Directions bulletin.
regarding Iran and Hezbollah collaboration and advances in Syria, read this article:
In Nehemiah, we see that God raised leaders-deliverers. In Psalm 106 we see that He Himself saved us from those who hated us. God is not limited to a method; he can deliver His people in ways we have not thought of.
- We prayed for God to raise up leaders-deliverers within Israel, just as he raised people like Churchill and Roosevelt in WWII.
- We prayed for God to intervene on Israel’s behalf to deliver her from her enemies.
- We prayed for God to move in His own way within those nations that have set their heart on Israel’s destruction.
- We prayed into the Kurdish referendum believing it may be of the Lord, that at this very time, He would raise a nation that is friendly to Israel and is secular, at the very heart of the Islamic nations.
- We prayed for protection from terror for the citizens of the land of Israel during the High Holidays. (Terrorists just love to try to disrupt Israel’s holidays.
Rejoicing in Salvation - Praying for the Body of Messiah during the High Holidays
- We prayed for a renewed appreciation for the atonement we have in Messiah.
- We prayed for a broken heart for believers in the land at the sight and light of the cross
- We prayed into Ephesians 1:17-21, Ephesians 2:1-4
- We prayed for renewed understanding of the Blood of the Lamb.
- We prayed for the preaching of the fullness of the gospel in the fellowships
- We prayed for renewed devotion to the Lord see 2Corinthians 11:1-3
- We prayed for the protection of the Body from the enormous amount of false teaching, “deceiving spirits and doctrines” that are washing over the Body in these days. See 1Tim 4:1-2, Jude 24
Thanks for standing with us for all the will of God to be done in these last days. All for His Glory alone!