The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
If you are keeping the mailings we send out regularly, you can use them for intercessions, as they touch not only on current issues of security or politics but on the Word of God as it pertains to His unchanging will, and His immutable purpose and plan as it clearly and plainly appears in His Word.
It may be that our communication is patchy in the next two weeks or so, but we will do our best to send out this blog as regularly as we can. We so deeply appreciate each one of you — God’s hidden army of prayers and intercessors.
God’s ultimate goal and purpose, as declared many times in His word, is to rule over His people forever and ever physically.
Ezek. 37:23 They shall not defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
Ezek. 37:24 “David My servant shall be king over them, and they shall all have one shepherd; they shall also walk in My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them.
Ezek. 37:25 Then they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Jacob My servant, where your fathers dwelt; and they shall dwell there, they, their children, and their children’s children, forever; and My servant David shall be their prince forever.
Verse 25 states, in an almost off-handed way, as if it was the simplest thing in the world, that His people will dwell in the land — the one God gave Jacob (to remove any doubt as to what land is spoken about) — and will be ruled by His servant David (Yeshua obviously, see Psalm 110:1, Matt. 22:42-44), forever!
Is your heart bursting like mine is right now? Does not this hit you as the happiest thing in the world? The most wondrous promise to hope for, pray for, anticipate, dream about, long for?
Now if the resurrected king who will live forever and rule forever is to have any meaningful relationship with His people, they too must be redeemed from death to live forever before Him. They must be a resurrected people, to fit a resurrected King!
Not surprisingly then, do these verses come at the end of the chapter in Ezekiel which speaks of the resurrection of God’s people. See Ezekiel 37:1-14
There are two kinds of resurrections in that passage. One is the physical return of God’s people to the land. There, in Eze. 37:12, the nations to which the Jews were exiled, are considered graves; they have been “buried” in foreign lands. The coming out of the Jews from the nations and their return to the land, is likened to a resurrection.
The other is a spiritual resurrection of the people, a coming back to life from the dead, the death of sin and separation from God. This is the second resurrection, promised by God to His people, see Ezekiel 37:14
This can only be accomplished at the cross, by the crucified but now resurrected King,the Son of God and the son of David. Israel must come to God in this way, for there is no other way, for Ezekiel 37:14 to be fulfilled: Ezek. 37:14 I will put My Spirit in you, and you shall live, and I will place you in your own land. Then you shall know that I, the LORD, have spoken it and performed it,” says the LORD.’ ”
Israel, both as individuals and corporately as a nation, must then experience this as part of its resurrection: Rom. 6:4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so, we also should walk in newness of life.
It can be summed up in these words: From Death to LIfe, through the cross. Salvation is: “By Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Messiah alone!”
Oh, how we need to pray into these things most fervently. This is Israel’s great need.
Pray for the physical resurrection of Israel
- For the ongoing and continued opening of the Jewish people's “graves” which are the nations and the gathering of the Jewish people back to the land.
- For the Lord to continue to bless the land and to prosper Israel in every way so that the regathering of the Jewish people to the land may be facilitated
- For the Lord to mightily move among the Jews, who live in the diaspora (exile, really) to awaken in their souls a great mighty longing for the land, and move them to come.
Pray for Israel’s spiritual resurrection:
- For a mighty revelation of the crucified one, Yeshua our King, in the midst of Israel
- For a mighty “turning of the head and eyes” of the Jewish people to the one whom we have pierced. (See Zechariah 12:10)
- For a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit in powerful conviction
- For a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of grace and supplication
- For a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit as the Spirit of Repentance and brokenness of heart
- For a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit as the spirit of prayer and beseeching
Praying for a possibly imminent war in Gaza
The papers are all hinting at a level of unprecedented preparation to attack in Gaza. Apparently, all of Israel’s efforts to dissuade Hamas for their continued acts of belligerence, have failed, so far.
Read here: https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5374311,00.html
- Please pray with us for the continued providential intervention of God in the affairs of man, both friend, and foe. We believe that the Lord is utterly and supremely sovereign and that it is He who decides the destiny of nations. No doubt the Lord is on track and on time with His unfolding plan, yet we are asked to stand before Him:
Is. 62:7 And give Him no rest till He establishes And till He makes Jerusalem a praise in the earth.
May the Holy Spirit awaken you and lead you and use you as intercessors, in whom these verses are being fulfilled.
Thank you for standing with us,