These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
The result has been an atmosphere of uncertainty and insecurity, and a sense of instability; if the government shakes, so does the nation as a whole.
Praying for the government of Israel in the midst of internal turmoil
Since our call is to pray and not to express our own opinions, we prayed from three passages of scripture.
1Tim 2:1-2, Jeremiah 23:1-6, Zechariah 12:5-6
1Tim 2:1-2 These verses speak of order
These verses urge us to pray for those in authority that we might “lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence.” This speaks of order, stability, good governance.
Jeremiah 23:1-6 These verses speak of Justice and Righteousness.
And although the ultimate goal of God, is to have His Son as The Shepherd who rules in righteousness and justice, they also express Gods’s desire to give his people, even before the Lord’s return, good shepherds who would not be corrupt and selfish, but rather, just and righteous.
Zechariah 12:5-6 These verses speak of fire
Israel needs “fiery” leaders for her security. (This is the context in which the verses are given). It is clear from verse 5 that there is a cohesion between the people and the leaders, not a separation; the people pray for and trust their leaders and support them, thus giving them strength to carry on in the battle to protect Israel.
- We prayed from these scriptures into the current situation and for the government.
- We prayed for the truth, plain and simple, to come out plainly, and quickly.
- We prayed for the Lord to subdue the sensationalism of the press
- We prayed for our prime minister and the government to be enabled to continue to lead the nation at this dangerous (militarily) time
- We prayed into the sensationalism and the rabid appetite of the media for headlines
- We prayed for responsible media
- We prayed for accountability and stewardship of our leaders - Jeremiah 23:4
- We prayed people will not lose faith in the country, especially for the young people who are serving in the armed forces — lest they become cynical and become unwilling to fight for this country.
- We prayed that God would “clean house” and even change the system to bring Israel into a better place in the area of governance.
- Prov. 17:15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the just, Both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.
- We prayed for the leaders Israel needs as far as security is concerned. Especially as we see the enemies of Israel gathering on her borders!
Praying for Israel’s salvation
Ezek. 37:23 They shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned, and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God
As we prayed we became more acutely aware of Israel’s lost condition. We were hit (at east I personally was) with the feeling of an enormous catastrophe that has happened to us when we rejected the Son of God, The Word! For two thousand years we have been at odds with God. For two thousand years we have held, as a nation, the position that he was a blasphemer. I shudder as I write this.
But thank God, He has promised mercy, grace, restoration and union with HIm. Can anyone fathom such grace?!
- Oh Father send the Holy Spirit upon your people
- Send upon us the Spirit of repentance, of beseeching
- Send upon us the Holy Spirit and open our eyes to See our Crucified Messiah
- Thrust your arm into our graves and lift us out dear God (Hosea 6:2)
- Bring us back to the Land of promise
- Make us your own
- Cleanse us by thy blood
- Clothe us with your own righteousness
- Bring us to into your Presence
- Rule over us O mighty God
- Death, corruption, darkness in the Land - We are lost O’ God without you
- You created us for your Glory!
We prayed in the same vein for the Body of Messiah
- Lord you have a Body in the Land, visit it dear God
- Pour out you're Holy Spirit and expel every other spirit from you Body
- Lord make us one in the Cross
- Lord make us one in the Blood
- Lord make us one in the one and only Holy Spirit
- Lord make us one in the Truth of your Word
- Deliver us from deception, man’s teaching, mixture, moving in the flesh
- Help us to overcome seduction
- Purge your body from pride, entitlement, and ambition
- Fill your body with hunger and thirst for righteousness, for your Word
- Give your Body a single eye
- Give your Body the desire and courage to humble itself at your feet
Lastly we prayed for the security situation
Many top generals in the army are predicting a war will break out this year! We want to be on our spiritual “toes” and stand on the walls and watch and pray for the security of Israel.
Because of brevity of time, we were only able to pray for the leaders of the army and the government, that they might be filled by the Lord with fire (according to Zechariah 12:6).
- Fire - Zeal and Vision
- Fire - Light and Wisdom
- Fire - Courage and Inspiration
May the Lord continue to give you the grace and vision to stand with us for His own plan and purpose for this nation, and may it be that as you seek His face, you heart will draw near to Him and you will find Him in a deeper way.
Blessings from Jerusalem,