The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Is praying the same thing seem monotonous and boring to you?
Most of today’s believers, get bored with praying the same scriptures and the same promises week after week. Some prefer to pray a list and check it off, sort of like on a To-Do list: pray, mark it off, move on. But this is not the biblical view of intercession and prayer.
Abraham prayed and waited before the Lord for 25 years until God fulfilled His promise to give him a son. Genesis 12:4, 16:3, 21:5
Isaac interceded for his wife, for 20 years, until God gave them the son of promise. Genesis 25:20, 26
Daniel prayed for 70 years before he saw the answer to his cry for the restoration of Israel. Daniel 1:4, Daniel 9:1-3. (He was probably 15 or so when he arrived in Babylon in 604 BC, which makes him 85 years old when the Lord revealed to him that it was time!)
How about Anna in the NT? Eighty-four years, she was in the temple, praying and fasting day and night till she saw the One she had been praying for. Luke 2:36-38
How about Simeon? Luke 2:25-32
If you look carefully in the Word, you will find that the prayers of all these were about one thing: The fulfillment of God’s ultimate plan to bring His Son for the redemption of the world through the fulfillment of His covenant promises.
Dear friends, what we need is God’s passion—to be so imbued by the Holy Spirit—that we can do nothing else but pray and call upon Him to bring His Will to pass. That is what prayer is all about. Yeshua taught much about prayer, but taught only one prayer — “Pray then like this: “.....Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven...” Matt. 6:9-10
This is how God will glorify His name. And this passion comes through praying. How so? Because when you pray the Word of God, the promises of God, you are touching His passion, His fire, His desire and will, and when you do that, well, you are going to be affected. The more you pray in this way, the more it will be so.
And how does God see those God-fearers, those who esteem Him and His will thus?
Mal. 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke with one another. The LORD paid attention and heard them, and a book of remembrance was written before him of those who feared the LORD and esteemed his name.
Mal. 3:17 “They shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him.
This is the sweetest thing, is it not? If you esteem His name, by minding His Will, living unto Him, standing before Him in prayer like this, you “shall be His,” you shall be a ‘treasured possession.”
We prayed for Israel’s restoration
Psa. 102:13 You will arise and have pity on Zion; it is the time to favor her; the appointed time has come.
Psa. 102:14 For your servants hold her stones dear and have pity on her dust.
Psa. 102:15 Nations will fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth will fear your glory.
Psa. 102:16 For the LORD builds up Zion; he appears in his glory;
(Read the whole psalm and see — the first 12 verses describe such a one imbued with the passion for seeing Zion restored.)
- You will arise O’ Lord, you will not despise our prayers
- Lord, our faith is that you are building Zion, we believe you are about to rise.
- Lord, this is the set time for favor Zion, O’ let thy sweet will be done!
- Jeremiah 31:31-34 Lord, you promised! You have done it on the cross, and now we ask you to execute it in Israel, ratify your New Covenant.
- Help us O’ Lord not to grow tired to uphold your Word.
- Help us, Lord, to be faithful in our days as those who have gone before us.
- Psalm 126 - Lord restore the fortunes of Zion.
- Lord, bring the King! We want to be ruled by our King, dear Lord; the government shall be upon your shoulders, Yeshua.
- Lord you are faithful to your Word
- Help us, Lord, to be as wise virgins (our prayers were mixed with prayers for the Body in this session.)
- Lord help us to mind your Word, to live it, and to pray it.
- Lord Thank You for what we see already as part of your restoration of Zion. There is a Body in the Land. There is the worship of Yeshua in the Land, there is preaching of Yeshua in the Land. But, dear Lord, bring on a flood of grace and save your people.
- Pour out your spirit, awaken the “dead,” unstop ears.
- We confess that as a people, we are hard-hearted dear Lord. Send the rain of the Holy Spirit to soften our hearts.
- Lord, break the heart of Israel
- Lord, we cry out to you from the earth, we are buried in sin, resurrect your people O’ Lord
- Lord, there are so many “suddenlies” in your Word. Come suddenly, reveal yourself suddenly, pour out your grace suddenly
- We ask for all that needs to be done for your move in the Land, to be done and in place
- We ask for faith to believe, to pray, to remind you of your promises.
We prayed for God’s plan on the earth among the nations
What effect will the Corona virus have on global issues? No one knows yet, but viruses have changed the course of history and have played a strategic role in determining the outcome of wars.
“Fifteen centuries before the Scottish tried to colonize Panama, the Romans tried to colonize them (the Scots -O.A.) and were thwarted by a strain of malaria local to Scotland which is estimated to have killed half of the eighty thousand Roman soldiers sent their way. Endemic strains decimated Hannibal’s forces as they made their way through Italy, turned the armies of Genghis Khan away from southern Europe, prevented European crusaders from conquering the Holy Land (malaria killed more than a third of them), and sided with North American colonists and Latin American revolutionaries in their rebellions against armies brought in from a distant, ruling continent.
“Military strategists, from Saladin to the Nazis, used mosquitoes as direct weapons of war. At Walcheren, Napoleon breached dikes to create a brackish flood—the ensuing malaria epidemic killed four thousand English soldiers—and declared, “We must oppose the English with nothing but fever, which will soon devour them all.” (1)
So the Corona virus may prove to be of much influence in the coming year, at least. And although we don’t yet see the whole picture or understand the global implications, we prayed that the Lord, who is in full control of the universe, and the earth, would do his will through this.
Too, Anti-Semitism as arisen greatly
We were astounded this week by the sudden open display of gross anti-Semitism. Just look at some of the headlines.
“Anti-Semitic Belgium parade features costumes of Jews with insect bodies” Read here
“Top Spanish diplomat ‘horrified’ at Holocaust-themed carnival parade” Read here
“Brazilian Carnival parade featured costumes with swastikas….” Read here
“1 in 5 Europeans say secret Jewish cabal runs the world’ Read here
No doubt as God presses the restoration of Israel forward, especially spiritually, the enemy will agitate nations much, to resist it. (read psalm 2)
We prayed from Isaiah 40, as we considered these two plagues: anti-Semitism and the virus.
- Lord your reign supreme, you are the redeemer —Let Your Kingdom come and your will be done dear Lord, on the earth.
- Isaiah 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.” — Lord, your goal is to reveal your glory in the earth, and Israel is so much a part of this work.
- Lord work out your redemptive work throughout this time. Borders are closing; economies are shaking, political alliances are being tested — do your will O’ God.
- Use this time to turn the hearts of your people in the Body to you, let their minds stay on you, let them be kept in perfect peace
- Lord, use the situation to accomplish your will on the earth.
- Dear Father, you do not need counselors, you are wise in your acts (Isaiah 40:14) Let your counsel and wisdom do all things as you work out Israel’s salvation in the realm of man and the nations.
- Lord, let all opposition to you and your plan for Israel dry up (Isaiah 40:6-8)
- Blow on the earth by your Holy Spirit dear Lord and “dry” the flesh up
- Lord, let these circumstances (virus) bring nations to you (Iran is the second-largest center of the virus outside of China. The number of those infected is much larger than Iran lets on. )
- Preserve Israel during this outbreak, dear Lord.
Israel’s elections on March 2nd
As Purim is just around the corner, we reflected on God’s providential placing of people in strategic places to accomplish His will. What are the chances, for instance, that an exiled orphan girl, belonging to a defeated nation, and raised by her uncle, would become the queen!? God providentially worked to prepare for the fulfillment of His purposes for His people.
In the same manner, we can pray for God to place, in His providence, the right people, the right coalition—even a unity government, all, as preparation for what is coming upon Israel, whether she knows it or not.
- Lord, what can we ask for but that you should have mercy on Israel at this time!
- Lord you see the crisis of leadership in the Land — please move on our behalf
- Lord, give us a government! (This is our third election in a year)
- Lord give us a good government, that is healthy, the is not corrupt
- Lord give us a government that is for all the people, that is pro-Israel, for Israel
- Save us, dear Lord, from religious coercion
- Give us a government that is good in every way — militarily, economically, with integrity, balanced, healthy.
- Deliver us, dear Lord, from all that is not in line with your will and purpose for Israel. We ask that you intervene in Israel’s affairs, for the sake of your name.
- Lord, is it your will to give us a unity government?
- Let your will be done on March 2nd as people go to the ballot
- Father, we ask that you providentially place the leaders of your choice, who will be able to lead Israel through the challenges that are coming.
- Let the next government be aligned with your purposes for Israel at this time.
May the Lord preserve you, and keep you and fill you with Himself, as you seek His face and stand before Him, in these last days.
Blessings from Jerusalem,