The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
We prayed along three lines: Israel and God, Israel and the nations, God and the nations.In all cases, the outcome of what God does is the same: They shall know that I am the LORD!
Israel will know that He is the Lord through salvation, the nations will know that He is the Lord when they see His great works in Israel, and the nations who resist God will know that He is the Lord through judgment.
Israel and God - You shall know that I am the Lord
Ezek. 20:42 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I bring you into the land of Israel, into the country for which I raised My hand in an oath to give to your fathers.
Ezek. 20:43 And there you shall remember your ways and all your doings with which you were defiled; and you shall loathe yourselves in your own sight because of all the evils that you have committed.
Ezek. 20:44 Then you shall know that I am the LORD, when I have dealt with you for My name’s sake, not according to your wicked ways nor according to your corrupt doings, O house of Israel,” says the Lord GOD.’ ”
Israel shall know that He is the LORD; how? By the mercies He does; He will return them to the land, will grant them repentance, will sanctify them, (Ezekiel 36:23) Each of these are all the work of the pure mercies of God
Read the whole chapter, and you will find those mercies shining like jewels on the background of the dark and evil condition of our people. We rebelled (repeated three times), we despised, profaned, provoked. Yet he spared us, withdrew His hand of punishment, and pleaded with us. Oh, how gracious, lowly, and merciful is this God. How patient and kind.
But to fully gain sight of this, we must take in that it is in Yeshua crucified that these mercies become ours.
2Cor. 5:20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.
The word ‘pleading’ in the verse quoted means: to summon to one’s side in order to admonish and console. Can you believe it? God is consoling us, who have rejected Him?! Yes, pleading with our nation to come to Him by faith and receive salvation by Grace! O’ what a God is this?! How gracious and merciful and kind is His holy love!
Israel needs to be reconciled to God through the Messiah, and it is coming. Soon the Day will dawn of His appearing. Soon the Day will dawn of the Revelation of the Son of God, our King, and Messiah
Nevertheless, as it is now, Israel stands on the wrong side of the cross. And for this, we cried to the Lord on her behalf.
- We thanked God for His utter and unfathomable lowliness in which He is pleading with Israel and beseeching her to be reconciled to Himself.
- We cried out to God that in His lowliness, He would pour out The Spirit of brokenness and repentance upon us. (Zechariah 12:10)
- We prayed that His promise to come to us would be fulfilled - It is Him we need, it is Him we want
- We prayed that His promise to give us a new heart and a new spirit would be fulfilled
- We acknowledged that although we have been resurrected physically as a nation, we are dead spiritually.
- We cried for the spiritual resurrection of our people. See Ezekiel 37:8-9
- We prayed for the religious in the land, who are so bound by fear and works that they might see Yeshua crucified for them
- We prayed for the secular who are bound by the fear of being restricted. They see anything that has to do with God as limiting rather than freeing! O’ that they too might see the crucified one and know what true love is!
- We prayed for the children of the land - growing wild and free of all sense of God. We cried to the great shepherd, our good shepherd to come to the children of the land, to gather them, to save them in His great compassion
- We asked the Lord to send laborers, ambassadors as it were, who would plead with the people for God
- Help us, O God of our salvation, For the glory of Your name; And deliver us, and provide atonement for our sins, For Your name’s sake! Psa. 79:9
Is. 62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, And her salvation as a lamp that burns.
Is. 62:2 The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, And all kings your glory. You shall be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD will name.
A great light will shine in the earth when God saves this nation. A light that will shine and pierce the deep darkness this world is steeped in.
What Light is this? The Light of the Glory of God in the face of Yeshua the Messiah. It is the Light of salvation and of the pure mercies of God, the Light of justification by faith and salvation by grace through faith!
What will be Israel’s righteousness? (She has none of her own.) It will be His imputed righteousness in Messiah. It will be that in Israel, God will demonstrate the unimaginable power of Grace and Love. The power of His cleansing blood.
Israel’s salvation will fill the world with Light! God will be seen as He is in Himself. God will be seen in what He does in the Land. Perhaps it will be the greatest act of evangelism the world has ever known. The nations will know that the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the Father of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah is the LORD
Ezek. 36:23 And I will sanctify My great name, which has been profaned among the nations, which you have profaned in their midst; and the nations shall know that I am the LORD,” says the Lord GOD, “when I am hallowed in you before their eyes
Why this demonstration? Because God loves the world. It's not that He loves Israel more than the other nations, its that Israel is His special, chosen vessel to reveal God’s nature, character, and power on the earth!
- We prayed for Israel’s restoration in this Light of her calling to be a light in the earth
- We pleaded with God for the sake of the peoples of the earth to not delay any longer
- We asked Him to turn the Light of salvation on!
- We asked Him to glorify Himself in Israel that the peoples of the earth might turn to Him
- We thanked God for His plan of mercy for the nations
- We asked God to turn many in the nations to Him
- We remembered that the queen of Sheba was drawn the land to see for herself the works of God through Solomon. Yet, there is a One who is greater than Solomon.
- O’ may even our enemies see the Grace of God in action and be astounded and confounded
- May many in the nations, especially Iran, see such a great light that they are freed from the darkness they are in and turn to the Living God.
- May, the Church in the Arab nations around us, believe the Word and pray these things so as to be a light even now in their nations
- May many in the nations come asking: Who is this God who shines this way? What is this, Mercy? What is this, Grace? Who is this Messiah, the Son of God?
God and the nations — they shall know that I am the LORD
Ezek. 28:22 and say, “Thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Behold, I am against you, O Sidon; I will be glorified in your midst; and they shall know that I am the LORD, When I execute judgments in her and am hallowed in her.
Ezek. 38:16 You will come up against My people Israel like a cloud, to cover the land. It will be in the latter days that I will bring you against My land, so that the nations may know Me, when I am hallowed in you, O Gog, before their eyes.”
Ezek. 38:23 Thus I will magnify Myself and sanctify Myself, and I will be known in the eyes of many nations. Then they shall know that I am the LORD.”
God is made known, not only in His grace and mercy but also in judgment.
Those nations who respond with hatred and rebellion to the display of God’s goodness to Israel (as a testimony to His gracious offer - see Psalm 2:10-12) will have to find out that God is the LORD by another means - Judgment.
We already see this hatred and evil against Israel’s physical restoration, what will the reaction be to her spiritual restoration? Just read the latest expression, for instance, of this hatred, coming from Iran: “Top Iranian official: We’re looking for a pretext to raze Tel Aviv to the ground” read here
But even judgment can bring life if that nation relents.
Psa. 83:16 Fill their faces with shame, That they may seek Your name, O LORD.
Psa. 83:17 Let them be confounded and dismayed forever; Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
Psa. 83:18 That they may know that You, whose name alone is the LORD, Are the Most High over all the earth.
- We prayed in this Light for the nations of the earth, especially where there is such a rise of anti-Semitism and anti-Israel hatred
- We prayed for the Lord’s defense for Israel against those immediate neighboring countries who are animated by a Great Hatred for God and Israel.
- We prayed into the situation in Syria — the situation on the Golan is tense
- We prayed for God’s defense against the growing tide of anti-Israel and anti-Semitism (same really) in the nations.
- We thanked God for Israel’s military but pleaded for God to defend her
Thank you for praying and standing with us for the whole counsel of God to come to pass.
O’ that each of one us will pursue the LORD and cry to Him: “That I may know Him, and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.” (Phil. 3:10) So that we may be conformed to His image. (Romans 8:29)
Blessings from Jerusalem,