The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
My heart is stirred up. I am longing for God’s interventions, for His appearing, for His mighty arm to be made bare. Ravenhill’s words, above, describe my hearts condition. “My heart is at rest—but I am restless.” I don’t want “a bottle” but to “battle” for the purposes of God on the earth.
My heart cries out with the prophet’s
“Oh, that thou wouldest rend the heavens, that thou wouldest come down, that the mountains might flow down at thy presence, As when the melting fire burneth, the fire causeth the waters to boil, to make thy name known to thine adversaries, that the nations may tremble at thy presence! When thou didst terrible things which we looked not for, thou camest down, the mountains flowed down at thy presence. For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.” Isaiah 64:1-4
I wonder how long it will be till He comes to deliver us from our adversaries, till He restores us to Himself. Until He descends in clouds of Glory, till he overshadows us with His Presence.
Psa. 74:10 O God, how long will the adversary reproach? Will the enemy blaspheme Your name forever?
Psa. 90:13 Return, O LORD! How long? And have compassion on Your servants.
Psa. 94:3 LORD, how long will the wicked, How long will the wicked triumph?
Indeed, How long?!
Matt. 8:25 Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
This verse is usually taken negatively, as the disciples should have had more faith in the “sleeping” savior". But for us, now, this cry can be a cry of the heart to the Lord to “stir himself awake” and save us.
Psa. 44:23-26 Awake, why sleepest thou, O Lord? arise, cast us not off forever. Wherefore hidest thou thy face, and forgettest our affliction and our oppression? For our soul is bowed down to the dust: our belly cleaveth unto the earth. Arise for our help, and redeem us for thy mercies’ sake.
Do you know how to cry to God as the sons of Korah did? Or as Isaiah?
Awake, awake, put on strength, O arm of the LORD; awake, as in the ancient days, in the generations of old. Art thou not it that hath cut Rahab, and wounded the dragon? Art thou not it which hath dried the sea, the waters of the great deep; that hath made the depths of the sea a way for the ransomed to pass over? Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy; and sorrow and mourning shall flee away. Is. 51:9-11
Such cries of hope come out of a desperate heart, a heart which feels the need. Such desperate cries come out of hearts that have been touched by God, by the Spirit and have been set on fire. Such cries come out of the desperate, the suffering, those to whom the world is dead and whose hearts are filled with deep longing for His reign.
Lot, who lived in Sodom, was “vexed” (2 Pet 2:7) by the moral conditions of Sodom, but never prayed. He was worn out and distressed by the situation, but there is no record of Him crying out to God for Sodom. It was Abraham’s prayers that actually brought deliverance to Lot, in the midst of judgment.
- Do you long to be personally revived and be fully awakened to God? Cry out to Him!
- Do you long to see your church aflame in God? Cry out to Him!
- Do you long to see people in your church, go all out in loving God? Cry out to Him!
- Do you long, with us, to see many saved? Cry out to Him!
- Do you long to see your church understand God’s coming grace to Israel? Cry out to Him!
- Do you long to see Israel gathered from the ends of the earth to the land of Israel? Cry out to Him! (Anti-Semitism is up 74 percent this year in France, and the same is trend in the UK, Germany.)
- The world is becoming unsafe for Jewish people. Cry out to Him to bring them to Israel!
- Do you long, with us, to see the deliverance of Israel from her enemies - Cry out to Him!
- Do you long, with us, to see Israel delivered from her sins - Cry out to Him!
- Do you long, with us, to see the acceptance of Messiah by Israel? Cry out to Him to remove the veil.
- Do you long, with us, to see the Holy Spirit so poured out that all of Israel cries out in repentance? - Cry out to Him!
May your heart be stirred to call upon the name of the Lord.
May you be awakened by the Lord to, as those five virgins who made themselves ready. May you be awake and alive to God, and may you be stirred up to battle this mighty battle of prayer, till He comes.
Blessings from Jerusalem,