The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
We prayed and interceded along the theme of "House": The House of God, The House of Israel, and God's spiritual house on earth — His Body.
The House of God
We looked at praying for Israel's salvation and restoration from the point of view of God's House. Here are a few scriptures that highlight some of this "journey." The leading thought behind this is that God has determined to not only redeem man from sin but that he should dwell with Him in all eternity! That is what the work of God is all about. See Ezekiel 37:25-28
Psalm 132:13-18 speaks of God's eternal decree to dwell with man. He will provide all that is needed, materially and spiritually (Psalm 132:15-16). It will be based on the work of His Son (psalm 132:17). It will be ultimately victorious. God will defeat all enemies that will come against His work in the earth. His Son shall rule gloriously.
Psalm 79 - God's work failed utterly because of His people's sins (Psalm 79:8). The enemy has invaded the land, and God's house was eventually destroyed, His work seemed to have failed.
Ezekiel 10:18-20 God's presence and glory were withdrawn
Ezekiel 36:17-20 God's reputation is lost. The nations thought of him as just another local deity and not a very successful one at that! (Till this day the nations don't think much of God).
But, you know that this is not the end of the story! Praise our God and King!
Zechariah 1:14-17 God is zealous for Jerusalem, God will have mercy on Zion, God will deal with the nations according to their hatred and resistance to Him!
Ezekiel 36:23 God will reveal His great name. They shall see who He is, His character, and power by what He does. They will acknowledge Him when they see the great work of restoration: His great Mercies, and power in restoring sinners to Himself and turning them into saints. All of this and more, He will do by the power of the Cross. All of Grace and all of Mercy.
Psalm 102:13, 15-16 God will have mercy, God shall appear in His glory, God shall build Zion, the nations will fear the name of the Lord as He appears in His Glory.
What can be worse than the Lord withdrawing His presence from us? Worse than God leaving (Ezekiel 10:18-20)! What are we without His presence? Exodus 33:3, 16. (see the whole story there) What are we without the Lord's presence! What separates us from the World if not His Presence. Oh, what a loss….
- We cried out to God much for salvation for our people.
- We cried out for the Lord to send His Spirit of Grace, Repentance
- Turn us O' Lord, and we shall be turned. Grant us repentance, grant us the softening of our hearts towards you and your Son
- Oh that salvation would come out of Zion and to Zion
- Oh that God would rend the heavens and reveals His Face to our nation
- We prayed for God to vindicate His name. To restore His reputation to Himself by fulfilling His promise to cleanse us, give us a new heart, put a new spirit within us.
- We cried out to God to "destroy" our self-righteousness and to become our Righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6).
- We asked for the day to come soon in which this city, Jerusalem, could be called again: The faithful city (Isaiah 1:26)
The House of Israel
Jeremiah 31:11-13, Ezekiel 34:1-6
As you know, Bibi Netanyahu has not been able to form a government and has returned his mandate to the president of Israel. Our president has tasked Benny Gantz with forming the next government.
We prayed from the scriptures. Israel has been promised a leadership that would not only protect it but also care for it. The prosperity of God's people promised as part of the restoration depends on good leadership, just the same as security does.
It seems to us that a unity government is still Israel's best option to fulfill the scriptures mentioned above. See article regarding this and the difficulty in forming such a government here:
- We prayed for Israel's prosperity as promised by the Lord
- We prayed for Israel to prosper to make her attractive to immigrants
- We prayed for our leaders to become free of religious coercion in their decisions
- We prayed for our leaders to be strong against the manipulation of the monied crowd (as in other countries, the tycoons are influencing Israel's decisions according to their own interests)
- We prayed for leaders who would genuinely care of the people economically — especially regarding the significant lack of affordable housing, building rental properties, etc.
- We prayed for the new government to take care of greatly neglected areas such as education, infrastructure, medical field -- hospitals, and doctors (we need more).
The Spiritual House of God - The Messianic Body
Someone said that the prayers that are answered from heaven are prayers that originated in heaven. That means that if we pray the Word of God where He shows clearly what His will is, we are sure that he will answer (see: 1John 5:14)
We prayed, therefore, according to His Word.
1Pet. 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
- We prayed for the Lord to grant us the surrender we need to be living stones in His hand, to shape us according to the cornerstone.
- We prayed for the Lord to build us together into a spiritual house
- We prayed for believers to go beyond their individualism and self-centered focus to see the whole house and their place in it.
- We prayed for the Lord to make us indeed a consecrated, separated priesthood that we may serve Him in His house
Jer. 24:7 Then I will give them a heart to know Me, that I am the LORD; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God, for they shall return to Me with their whole heart.
- We cried to the Lord to give us the heart to Know Him! A heart that recognizes that we are His people, and not our own, and not of the World.
- We cried to the Lord to give us a 'returning' spirit, a repentant heart to be wholly His
Jer. 29:12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.
Jer. 29:13 And you will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.
- We cried to God to give His Body a heart to seek Him, a heart to call upon Him, a heart to pray and seek and search for Him.
Jer. 32:39 Then I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me forever, for the good of them and their children after them.
- We asked the Lord to give us One Heart and One Way — all in Messiah
- We asked God to send His fear into our hearts
Thank you, dear praying friends for standing with us, sometimes for things that may not necessarily be real to you or benefit you personally. Thank you for standing for us before God. Surely He is coming, and His reward is with Him.
Blessings from Jerusalem,