The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Zech. 4:7 "Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel, you shall become a plain! And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of 'Grace, grace to it!"'"
Zech. 9:9 "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your King is coming to you; He is just and having salvation, Lowly and riding on a donkey, A colt, the foal of a donkey.
Zech. 9:10 I will cut off the chariot from Ephraim And the horse from Jerusalem; The battle bow shall be cut off. He shall speak peace to the nations; His dominion shall be "from sea to sea, And from the River to the ends of the earth.'
Zech. 10:6 "I will strengthen the house of Judah, And I will save the house of Joseph. I will bring them back, Because I have mercy on them. They shall be as though I had not cast them aside (literally - neglected); For I am the LORD their God, And I will hear them.
Zech. 10:7 Those of Ephraim shall be like a mighty man, And their heart shall rejoice as if with wine. Yes, their children shall see it and be glad; Their heart shall rejoice in the LORD.
Zech. 10:8 I will whistle for them and gather them, For I will redeem them; And they shall increase as they once increased.
We dwelt on and prayed from the verses above. We were gripped by the lowliness of God, the lowliness of Messiah in Zechariah 9. There is the picture of the King riding towards His certain death on the cross. We will say more about that later.
We prayed for the urgent need in Israel for the formation of a government. It is essential for the running of the country and for its protection. After two elections, we still do not have a government! This is dangerous and irresponsible!
Zechariah 4:6-7 Flatten out
In these verses, the Word of the Lord assures Zerubbabel that the Lord will flatten out all opposition to his governing, by the Holy Spirit. No might or power or scheming of man will be able to resist God's Spirit in its purpose to restore His people (who must have proper government.) The Word of the Lord then commands all opposition and resistance to this restoration, to become a plain, to flatten out! The Hebrew is utterly direct and commanding. Notice the supplied words, italicized, in the verse. Take them out, and you get the gist of the verse: "to a plain!" Is the command, its an order! Flatten! That's it, just that. Just like you would command a dog, for instance, by saying, "sit!"
- We asked the Lord to speak to this obstacle preventing the formation of a government
- Remove every barrier, dear Lord, nothing is impossible for you!
- Lord bring down every prideful thing in the current leadership that they might cooperate with Gantz for the well being of this nation
- Do your Will, regardless of what seems possible or not, surprise the analysts and the know-it-alls, after all, you have never abdicated your throne
- Lord involve yourself in these matters, just as you did in the time of Zerubbabel
- Lord, your Will is specific down to smallest details. You have a will about matters, you know what you want here in the Land - bring your Will to pass dear Lord.
- Let your Will be done on earth as it is done in Heaven. Lord those things that have been decided in Heaven let them come to pass now!
- Push your own agenda for Israel, Lord, override the will of man!
- Lord, please cut through the manipulations of men, the conniving and self-plans, and do great mercy to our people.
- Lord rule thou for the sake of your little ones, the weak and the powerless. Please don't let the strong and 'mighty' among men, shape the country for their own benefit. Rather let all that is done conform to your Word and promises.
- Lord, please protect Israel during this time and let nothing that is decided militarily be decided for political expediency.
- Have mercy upon us dear Lord, we cry to you to remove the "mountain" of man's Will, desires, and plans, and make it a plane, where the nations can move forward
It's not the riding of a donkey that makes Yeshua lowly, but His death on a cross for us, for His people. And while His second coming is as a Great King and Judge, coming to rule the earth, nevertheless, His revelation to Israel will be as the Lowly, Savior King, who was pierced by us."They shall see me, whom they have pierced," He said. (Zechariah 12:10)
Can you imagine what happened at the moment of revelation when Joseph spoke to his brothers? That moment must have been one of total disorientation, perhaps confusion, till their brains came around to the reality that this man was their brother! Thus it will be when Israel's eyes are opened and in that instant, 2000 years of blindness, history, opinions, wrong knowledge, will be wiped out by truth and reality. In a moment, reality will hit, "this is our own brother Yeshua, our King and Savior." "I am Yeshua, your brother," He will say.
"But his brothers could not answer him, for they were dismayed (terrified) in his presence.And Yeshua said to his brothers, "Please come near to me." So they came near. Then he said: "I am Yeshua, your brother, whom you sold…." (a light paraphrase of Genesis 45:3-4)
- Lord, the reality of these verses bring great joy to us. Indeed they do, at the thought of you're soon revelation to your people
- How lowly of you to bear 2000 years of misunderstanding and maligning of your name by us, your people, have mercy upon us and open our eyes to see you
- Shine your light upon us, dear Lord, in your light we shall see light
- This is your Will, your promise, and your desire — to reveal yourself and finally gather your people under your wing.
- Pour your Spirit, dear Lord, upon this nation (Isaiah 44:3)
- Lord, let thy Word, wherever it is read in the Land, penetrate the darkness of human thinking and give Light of understanding, revealing Messiah in all of scripture
Zechariah 10:6-8 I will whistle
When I was growing up, many families in Israel had a family whistle: usually a snippet of a song or some melody. This was handy in a crowd if we lost sight of each other. Such was the case when we visited the World Exhibition in New York in 1964. I got separated from my parents and brother. It was quite terrifying, but just as fear began to seize my heart, I heard that familiar whistle, oh the sound of that whistle! I answered with the same whistle, and was soon reunited with my family; we found each other.
What will God's whistle be? Surely it will have in it the sound of Mercy, Grace, the Love of God. The Holy Spirit will blow on our people. (See Zechariah 10:7), and the old, now forgotten sound of God's voice will call His people again. O' for that sound of God! The effect is wonderful — the Jewish people will be drawn to their Land and to their God, in Messiah.
- Lord, we pray you will "whistle" for your people
- Lord, we pray for that ancient voice of God to be heard again in the Land
- Lord, we pray you will call your people to come Home - to the Land, and Home to You as well! Psalm 90:1 Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations.
- Thank you, Lord, for the miraculous ways you brought your people back (from Egypt, from Babylon, and even in the beginning of the last century,) we pray for your hand to do mighty things in bringing your people back again.
- Lord, not one good thing of all you promised failed (Joshua 21:45)
- Soon, Lord, soon. Please, draw your people back
- It is in your heart to bring your people back, and ultimately to yourself
- Lord give us the government that will facilitate Aliya of all Jews, whether reformed, conservative or Messianic
Thank you for praying with us for the things of God, may you experience His Word being fulfilled in your own life.
Blessings from Jerusalem,