The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
This week will be a week to remember in Israel. Two momentous events have revealed a deep crisis in leadership.
One was the failure of any leader to form a government in Israel, for the second time, after two elections. The second announced on the same day, is the decision to take our prime minister to court over allegations of corruption and bribery.
The verse quoted above is what came to us as we were praying on Wednesday. That was before the bombshell announcement of the AG of the decision to indict our PM.
Two statements. One regarding the failure to form a government, the other is of the AG regarding Netanyahu's indictment.
Our president, Mr. Rivlin, rebuked the politicians saying:
"Let there be no illusion, this politics of disruption has to stop," said, telling political leaders: "Your political fate is no more important than the old person in hospital, than the children in special education, than the victims of violence in the Arab sector, than the residents of the south – Jewish, Arab, ultra-Orthodox and secular – who need protection from rocket fire, and than the women who need shelter. Over these next 21 days, do not be blocs or parties. Each one of you should look to their conscience and answer one question: What is my duty to the State of Israel." (1)
Attorney General's statement regarding the decision to indict Netanyahu:
"In the prime minister's affairs, I found there was evidence pointing to grave actions allegedly being committed, which carry a reasonable likelihood of conviction," Mandelblit said. "For this reason, it is my duty by law to indict. It is not a choice. It is an obligation. Thus it is in the case of any citizen, and thus I acted here.
"Law enforcement isn't optional. It's not a question of politics. It's a duty incumbent upon us…. We were not swayed by slander from all sides, and acted only to enforce the law," he said, referring to criticism from Netanyahu supporters who have accused prosecutors of conducting a witch hunt to unseat the prime minister." (2)
To understand the next phase of the political process to form a government, read at the following link: jpost.com
Surprisingly, we were felt upbeat when we began to pray.
Thankfully, the destiny of Israel is not up to our leadership nor even up to our people. It is in the hands of God. Therefore we were in an upbeat mood to turn to God and turn to His Word in our praying.
We were led to the following verse as we began to pray:
Jer. 32:27 "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh. Is there anything too hard for Me?
The sense of the words "too hard" is: "Is there anything that is beyond my power? Anything beyond my reach or ability or wisdom to do?"
If you want to enjoy the full impact of this verse, read Jeremiah 32-33. Israel's salvation and restoration is not a fruit of any worthiness, but of God's mercy and faithfulness to His covenant! Thank God! Is it not so with you?
The whole thing is centered, you will find, on the work of Messiah! (Jeremiah 33:14-16) On Him, all the promises of God hang, and in Him, they are Yes and Amen! And it is all for His Glory! That is why we can be upbeat in the midst of a problematic situation Israel finds itself in.
We prayed for our government
- Arise O' Lord, in your sovereignty and make an executive decision regarding our government
- Lord, you can move without needing anyone's agreement, or voting, in matters of state. You are our King. Thankfully we don't get to elect you, and you have complete sovereignty in the Land.
- Choose our leaders O' Lord, put together - through providential means, the government you want for this Land.
- You are a compassionate God; your desire is to take care of your sheep, and to secure your flock's safety. Move O' God mightily at this time.
- Save us from religious coercion dear Lord, save us from fanaticism and fanatics who will assuredly lead us to disaster
- Expose corruption, deal-making and any other corrupt thing hindering the formation of a unity government, or a government that will be good for all the people, not just sectors of it
- Show your loving-kindness to us, dear Lord, give us statesmen who are true leaders, mature and visionary, not gripped with their own welfare or promotion.
- Lord, you promised good shepherds, we stand before you on this promise and ask you to bring it to pass.
Visit your people - praying for Israel's salvation
Ex. 4:31 So the people believed; and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel and that He had looked on their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshiped.
There is always a communication of Grace and Mercy in God's visitations when it comes to His people (you too). Within God's move, there was a communication of His deep love and understanding of their affliction. It is this that made them bow in worship. It is this that brings us down on our face to worship Him who has loved us. It is this that gives us a desire to break away from our sins. Yea, a longing for Him
- Hear the cry of your people dear Lord, those who are bowed under the burden of sin
- Visit your people again, as you did in Egypt and lead us out of bondage
- Communicate this Grace and Kindness, dear Lord, to your people. Show them you understand their sorrows and their bondage
- Create in your people a longing for you dear Lord
- Show them your compassion by revealing the cross — your sufferings for them, in order to save them
Visit our enemies — Praying for protection
Is. 24:21 It shall come to pass in that day That the LORD will punish (visit) on high the host of exalted ones, And on the earth the kings of the earth
God will deal with all the forces that come against His work and agenda in the earth, human and not human. (The word "punish is the same word as "visited" in Exodus 4:31, see also Isaiah 10:12, Isaiah 13:11)
- Lord, save us from our enemies who hate us without a cause, those who have day and night only meditate on our demise and destruction.
- Lord, you promised to be a wall of fire around your nation. We cling to that as a great hope and plead with you to be that to your people. Be our "Fire Dome" O' Lord
- We pray that you will send your light among our enemies, to display your Glory and save them from the darkness they are in, especially the citizens of Iran who are suffering greatly under the regime
- Lord save us from our enemies that we might serve you without fear (Luke 1:68-75)
Visit your Body - Praying for the completion of the "House" - Luke 1:68-75
- Lord, we beg you to make Yeshua The Center of every congregation in the Land
- Lift Yeshua high dear Lord in the Body of Messiah and make Him very precious to every believer
- Lord, we plead with you that you will cause your Word to arise greatly in the Body of Messiah
- Be zealous for your Body, dear Lord, and visit us. We need you, we need the fire of your holiness, the fire of your love, the fire of zeal in our hearts towards you
- We want to be alive to you and dead to the world O' God. Grant it we plead
- Judge and separate from us all that offends you in the Body
- Let us build according to the Pattern, according to the Corner Stone
- Help us not to compromise our faith with the world, our self-desires
- Build us to be your dwelling place, make us a house of God
- Give us a heart for you dear Lord, only for you
- Grant us to be doers of the Word and not hearers only
- Teach us your ways and grant us the surrender to follow you with the whole heart
May the Lord bless you and reignite in your own heart a great fire of love for Him, for His Word and for His ways.
Blessings from Jerusalem,