The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
A Cease-Fire has been agreed on between Islamic Jihad and Israel.
Here are the conditions:
- Islamic Jihad will cease launching rockets into Israel, Israel will cease its counter attacks
- Israel will cease with targeted assassinations of armed Islamic Jihad members
- the IDF will not use live fire against demonstrators during the Friday demonstrations. Islamic Jihad will keep the protests peaceful.
The toll of the two-day fighting:
- 34 Palestinians have been killed, 25 of them were terrorists
- 450 rockets were fired at Israel. 90% were intercepted
Two articles for those who desire a deeper understanding and analysis:
- 1. The Gaza strike and what it means: click here
- 2. The unprecedented security threats Israel is facing: click here
Wednesday was the second day of the battle, so we kept praying regarding the conflict, as well as for Israel as we usually do. We read Psalm 47, and Psalm 67
Psa. 47:0 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah.
Psa. 47:1 Oh, clap your hands, all you peoples! Shout to God with the voice of triumph!
Psa. 47:2 For the LORD Most High is awesome; He is a great King over all the earth.
Psa. 47:3 He will subdue the peoples under us, And the nations under our feet.
Psa. 47:4 He will choose our inheritance for us, The excellence of Jacob whom He loves. Selah
Psa. 47:5 God has gone up with a shout, The LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
Psa. 47:6 Sing praises to God, sing praises! Sing praises to our King, sing praises!
Psa. 47:7 For God is the King of all the earth; Sing praises with understanding.
Psa. 47:8 God reigns over the nations; God sits on His holy throne.
Psa. 47:9 The princes of the people have gathered together, The people of the God of Abraham. For the shields of the earth belong to God; He is greatly exalted.
Psa. 67:0 To the Chief Musician. On stringed instruments. A Psalm. A Song.
Psa. 67:1 God be merciful to us and bless us, And cause His face to shine upon us, Selah
Psa. 67:2 That Your way may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations.
Psa. 67:3 Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You.
Psa. 67:4 Oh, let the nations be glad and sing for joy! For You shall judge the people righteously, And govern the nations on earth. Selah
Psa. 67:5 Let the peoples praise You, O God; Let all the peoples praise You.
Psa. 67:6 Then the earth shall yield her increase; God, our own God, shall bless us.
Psa. 67:7 God shall bless us, And all the ends of the earth shall fear Him.
We took time to declare that the Lord is Most High--this does not mean that God is a little higher than everybody else; He is Supreme. God is in a class of His own! How can He be compared with the creation?! Psalm 113 says that God has to humble Himself to look into the heavens (Psalm 113:4-6,) yet He lifts up the poor out of the dust. How wondrous is our God! He is awesome, meaning that people are struck with awe and fear when they see the mighty works of God in the earth! Psalm 47:3, but also Jeremiah 33:9
- Lord you are supreme, there is no one like thee in the heavens
- You are before all, and above all, you are the beginning and the end - you are awesome!
- Lord, you have chosen this nation and people for your own purposes, and many are the nations that oppose your purposes. Be thou exalted O Lord in the situation
- Lord use this situation to bring glory to your name — fulfill your purposes despite the terrific opposition to them
- Lord let the situation serve as a catapult to the formation of the government you want for this nation
- Rule over our enemies, take their diabolical wisdom from them, let the darkness they have chosen to imbibe, turn to confusion
- Yours are the shields of the earth dear Lord, protect your people
We prayed for Israel in the light of Psalm 47 and Psalm 67
“God will be gracious unto us, and He will bless us and will shine His face upon us.” So goes the verse in Hebrew. It is an emphatic declaration of faith—our covenant God will fulfill what He has promised. His grace will win the day in Israel and for Israel.
O’ what a shining this will be! The Glory of God shining in the Face of Messiah, beaming His Holy Grace, and Holy Love, and Holy Judgment on sin and darkness as it appears at the cross. (Rev. 5:6 A Lamb as though it had been slain!)
- Lord shine your face upon Israel. Surely this is the light of the knowledge of the Glory of God in the face of Yeshua the Messiah! Shine, dear Lord, shine the glory and beauty of you Son upon this nation.
- Be gracious unto us dear Lord, destroy our self righteous by the revelation of Yeshua crucified
- Shine the Light of Messiah into the heart of darkness this nation dwells in (Isaiah 9:2)
- Lord, you are the God of the “again”, you will gather us again, cleanse us again, covenant with us again (the New Covenant in Yeshua), sanctify us again, and best of all, you will come to dwell in our midst again!
We prayed for the nations in this light
Especially those nations around us, who do not rejoice but rather hate the people of God and the plan of God.
Note in Psalm 67 the effect Israel’s salvation will have on the nations, they will know His way; His salvation. Don’t fail to note this simple and wonderful truth: God’s blessing and saving Israel, will make His salvation known in the earth, again. (The world has rejected God and the whole Judeo-Christian ethic, as a myth, and have turned to darkness as their light and understanding.)
“The nations will praise you, O God, the nations will all praise you.” The earth will yield her increase! God will get the harvest He has desired.
- Lord, let Israel become a place of the shining of your glory, beaming your grace, your salvation into the nations that surround us.
- Lord, those nations that are around us have made it their goal and purpose to destroy your work in the land, to destroy the very people who will be the means of blessing to them. Shine your truth, your light, into those nations. Let them see the power of your grace toward Israel and let them turn. Shine, dear Lord, into Gaza, into Syria, into Iran, Into Lebanon and Jordan, into Egypt and Saudi Arabia
- Lord you are the Lord of the harvest (Matthew 9:38), send laborers to those darkened nations and bring Your Light
We prayed for the Body of Messiah in this light
- Lord make us a place of the shining of your face, to Israel
- Trim our wicks, fill us with oil, burn within us and through us dear Lord
- Shine your truth in our midst, let us live out the Word unto you and to one another
- Let us be good ground for the seed of your Word dear Lord, not hard ground, not shallow ground, not thorny soil, but a good soil that you might receive the full grain in the head (Mark 4:28)
- Prepare your body for the harvest that is surely coming, dear Lord
- Prepare the Church in the Arab nations likewise, dear Lord
Thank you, dear friends, for sticking with us in prayer. May the Lord Himself shine His face upon you, revealing Messiah to you in ever deepening ways. May His light upon you be a source of great blessing and great joy, and may you delight in Him as your chief joy and bring Him much glory.
Blessings from Jerusalem,