The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Zech. 1:19 And I said to the angel who talked with me, "What are these?" So he answered me, "These are the horns that have scattered Judah, Israel, and Jerusalem."
Zech. 1:20 Then the LORD showed me, four craftsmen.
Zech. 1:21 And I said, "What are these coming to do?" So he said, "These are the horns that scattered Judah, so that no one could lift up his head; but the craftsmen are coming to terrify them, to cast out the horns of the nations that lifted up their horn against the land of Judah to scatter it."
Zech. 2:5 For I,' says the LORD, "will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.'"
Zech. 2:10 "Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst," says the LORD.
Zech. 2:11 "Many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you.
Although Zechariah prophesied in 520 BC, much of what he prophesied pertains to the last days. His is one of the most messianic books in the Bible, filled with prophecies about the Messiah.
In the portions quoted above, we see that God will send "engineers" to break the power of the nations that have so resisted His plans and purposes, especially as they pertain to Israel. This is so amazingly important for us to know, believe, and pray. There is fierce resistance to God's work on the earth.
The greatest of all promises, it seems, is God's promise to dwell in the midst of His people. With that, we see His wonderful promise that the nations, those who so opposed God regarding Israel's restoration, will actually be joined to the Lord. Israel's restoration spells the destruction of the veil cast over all people (Isaiah 25:7).
All of Zechariah 2 is wonderfully encouraging, we prayed through portions of it
Israel's reconciliation and restoration to the Lord Zechariah 2:4-5, 10
- Lord we cry out to you to return to this Land and nation
- Lord be Israel's Glory again, be Israel's King
- Lord, we pray for your return to your people
- How can you be our Glory if we as a nation resist you?
- We pray you will break down the resistance of Israel to Yeshua
- We pray you will come into the midst of Israel with great authority and power
- We pray you come as a great King, our great King--Rule thou in the midst of your people
- We pray you will remove the veil cast over our 'national' eyes
- Open the heavens dear Lord and send the Holy Spirit as great Fire, Light, and Grace
- Open the heavens dear Lord and let us hear your voice, not as in Sinai, but as from Calvary
- Open the heavens dear Lord and grant us the Spirit of Repentance, the Spirit of Supplications at the sight of the Great Grace of the Cross
- Lord, you are not waiting till we repent,for without your grace coming to us first we will never even think of it. You are only waiting till the set time to grant us repentance. Let it be now O' Lord, let it be now!
- Lord, we do sing and rejoice at the prospect of seeing you in the midst of the nation
The blessing it will be for the nations Zechariah 2:11
- Lord Israel's restoration though much resisted, will be a huge blessing to the nations that sit in darkness and are ruled and moved by the enemy to resist you.
- Send those "engineers" who will break the power of the nations, and the forces that rule them so they might be freed from the enemy
- We know Lord that the fight is not over and that the breaking of the power of the nations will probably be through much bloodshed and evil; nevertheless, we trust in you and dare to pray this verse to you
- Glorify your name in Israel, Glorify your name in the earth — come Lord and free us from "Babylon's" rule
- Primarily we are thinking of the nations around us who are so deeply held in the grip of evil and darkness. Free them dear Lord by the power of your right hand (Yeshua, and Him crucified.)
We prayed for the Body of Messiah in the Land
- Lord, you promised to dwell among your people, how much more should you inhabit your Body — Your House.
- Lord come powerfully to the Body of Messiah, throw out all things that offend you, and hang on the door of the Body a sign: God lives Here!
- Lord cleanse us that we might be a priesthood (see how Joshua the high priest had to be purified to be made fit to minister before the Lord — Zechariah 3)
- Lord fill our congregations with your Glory and Presence and the Word of God
- Lord awaken your Body in the Land
- Lord restore a passion for the Word of God in the Body
- Lord bring your people in the Body to know you in the deepest possible way — through the cross, through the New Covenant (See Jeremiah 31:34)
- Lord we just need you not programs
- Lord, we desire that you might search us out, in every area of our lives, in every 'nook and cranny' and find us out.
- Lord, we want to meet you in every room of our hearts, we open to you and beg you to come in.
We prayed for the formation of the government in Israel
We may be facing third elections if Benny Gantz from the Blue and White party is unable to form a government. Gantz's declared intention is to form a unity government, which seems to us to be the best solution for Israel's current and multiple challenges and problems.
- Lord we pray you will bless those efforts to form a unity government
- Lord we pray you will remove all obstacles, opposing these efforts.Is. 42:16 "I will lead the blind by a way they do not know…. I will make darkness into light before them And rugged places (stubborn resistance in the Hebrew) into plains…. "
- Lord give all the parties involved a shaking so that they may be shaken out of their' navel-gazing' selfish goals to cooperate for the good of the nation
- Lord, accomplish your purposes for this country regardless of man.
- Lord, we must have a government and a good one at that. Give us a government that will be a blessing and a mercy to this country
- Lord deliver us from corruption in the government
- Lord restore some integrity to any new government that you choose to build
- We pray you will intervene and shed light on all the manipulation that is being exerted in media, in backroom negotiations
Thank you for standing with us. May God make all of these things real in your own life as you give yourself to prayer in this way.
Blessings from Jerusalem,