The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Is. 14:24 The LORD of hosts has sworn, saying, “Surely, as I have thought, so it shall come to pass, And as I have purposed, so it shall stand:
Is. 14:25 That I will break the Assyrian in My land, And on My mountains tread him underfoot. Then his yoke shall be removed from them, And his burden removed from their shoulders.
Is. 14:26 This is the purpose that is purposed against the whole earth, And this is the hand that is stretched out over all the nations.
Is. 14:27 For the LORD of hosts has purposed, And who will annul it? His hand is stretched out, And who will turn it back?”
Although these verses begin with a prophecy against Assyria, they cast a long shadow to the future, pointing to the Day of the Lord, in which He will reckon with all nations who are in a full-tilt open rebellion against Him and His purposes in the earth.
Israel is caught in the middle of it all.
Those who are praying for Israel should be aware that they are involved in an all-out-battle for the earth, for God, and for His purposes on the earth. The outcome is both sweet and sure: Isaiah 14:32 ".... The Lord has founded Zion (established His City, his people and His purposes in the land and the earth) And the poor of His people shall take refuge in it."
Let us keep in mind that the purpose of God is to bring salvation, grace, mercy, life, freedom from sin, peace. Let us remember that it's the resistance to His purposes, that is evil!
Israel has a huge part in this plan, and that is why It is no wonder that the Palestinians call Israel's birth as a nation "Nakbah" - The Great Disaster.
The month of May -- a challenging month for Israel
- The US is set to move its embassy to Jerusalem on May 14,
- Hamas is planning its most massive move to overrun the barrier into Israeli territory
- Iran is, no doubt hatching its plans to retaliate Israel's attack in Syria, and for stealing an enormous amount of material from Teheran, proving her Iran's intention to build a nuclear bomb.
We continue to call on the name of the Lord to fulfill His covenant promises.
While some call Israel's restoration a Disaster, the Bible sees it as fulfillment and blessing. Israel shall be a blessing in the midst (Isaiah 19:24), a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62:7) a lamp of salvation for the nations (Isaiah 62:1).
These promises are so breathtaking for their scope. For the depth of mercy they express, for the promise of ingathering, renewal of the covenant (the New Covenant) and best of all, renewed fellowship with God.
- Pray for the ingathering of the Jewish people from the ends of the earth
- Pray for the dwelling in safety He has promised
- Pray He will make us His people again (They shall all know me from the least of them to the greatest of them (Jeremiah 31:34)
- Pray He will put His fear in our hearts
- Pray He will give us a new heart and a new spirit
- Pray He will bring us to the place of not departing from Him ever again (vs.40
- Pray He will plant us in this land with His whole heart and soul (vs.41)
- Pray He will do us all the good that He has promised (vs. 42)
- We also prayed for evangelism going on in the land via the internet (useful for those who want to consider the gospel in privacy)
- We prayed for the orthodox and religious in the nation that the grace that is in Messiah might free them.
The Body of Messiah in the Land
Rev. 19:7 ......and His wife has made herself ready
There is something for the Bride to do, she gets herself ready! This does not speak of works of the law but of a heart that responds to the Holy Spirit of God. It speaks of a turning to Him in the fullest way, it speaks of a heart that seeks His Face, a heart that loves His Word, a heart that shuns other loves, in short -- a heart for God!
- Lord help us to be as the five wise virgins, as the diligent servant who waits for your coming, like the merchant who found a costly pearl....
- We prayed for the congregations
- We prayed for the Word of God to prosper in the Body
Luke 5:27 After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, “Follow Me.” Luke 5:28 So he left all, rose up, and followed Him.
May we all have a heart such as Levi, who left all, rose up and followed Him
Blessings from Jerusalem,