The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Tonight we will be co-leading an all-city prayer meeting for the elections, for security, for revival in Body of Messiah and for the salvation of Israel. Please be in prayer with us for those things and please be in prayer with us for the prayer meeting itself. It will take place tonight from 19:00 to 21:00 for unity among the leadership, for clarity, for prayers that are Word-based and in the Will of God and for a true spirit of prayer on all of us as we intercede.
High tension in Gaza
As you might already know, Hamas launched a rocket into the heart of Israel this week. Israel attacked in Gaza and has moved two brigades and other forces to the area in anticipation of a possible military operation. Tensions are high in anticipation of a massive march on the anniversary of Land Day.
Read about it here
In our prayer meeting last night, we prayed:
For the Elections
Reading Jeremiah 23:1-12 regarding the shepherds of Israel.
Although we will never have the perfect shepherd till Yeshua sits on the throne of His father David to rule over Jacob (Luke 1:32-33) nevertheless, God loves His people and cares for them via good leaders. Oh, how we need good leadership in the Land! We need good leaders to protects us (security), we need good leaders to care for us as a nation (social equity, economy, infrastructure, health, welfare, work and jobs, transportation and so much more.) We need leadership free from corruption, an administration that will not sell the people to make coalition deals that will give them the majority. Corruption and inefficiency are on all levels of government, down to the municipal and local.
- We prayed that the Lord will arrange for a government which will take care of the people
- We prayed for leaders who would have the heart of fathers and would want to care for the nation as their goal
- We prayed God would kick out of office those who abuse their office, the selfish and corrupt.
- We prayed that God would raise up godly leaders, or at least give us leaders with a high moral standard
- We prayed for leaders who would understand the season Israel is in and act in wisdom
- We prayed for leaders who would be competent to rule (some of the ones who are at the head of different ministries are utterly incompetent,)
- We prayed for leaders who would carry out justice in the land
- We prayed that the Lord would bring about a coalition of parties that will free us from the orthodox and religious
- We prayed for a coalition that would be good for the land economically
- We prayed for a coalition that would maintain law, order, and justice
- We prayed for a coalition that would be an instrument in His hands according to His purposes for the nation at this time.
For Israel’s salvation
Ex. 19:17 And Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet with God, and they stood at the foot of the mountain.
Yeshua was crucified out of the camp (outside of the city of Jerusalem.) Israeli society and definitely the government (under the influence of the Orthodox) have pushed us, Messianic Believers, outside of the camp.
- We prayed God would bring all of Israel out of the camp to meet the one they have rejected; their savior and their King.
- We asked God to send the Holy Spirit to convince Israel of sin (John 16:8)
- We pleaded with God to break the bondage of Israel to sin and the rejection of the Messiah; it is worse than the slavery of Israel in Egypt.
- We asked the Lord to come in great mercies to His people
- We asked God to reveal His crucified Son to the Jewish people, who died for them in His great love and compassion to make a New Covenant with them
- We asked the Lord to come to the blind, the desperate the suffering, those on the edges of society (they usually come to Messiah first, ahead of the rich and the famous and the learned).
- One of our intercessors prayed specifically for Holocaust survivors as she works with them daily.
We prayed for the Body of Messiah - for a reviving and a return to Messiah Himself
Here is a quote from Leonard Ravenhill (whoever says they enjoy reading Ravenhill, has never really understood him. One goes away smarting after reading him.
“The Church began with these men in the ‘‘upper room’’ agonizing—and today is ending with men in the supper room organizing. The Church began in revival; we are ending in ritual. We started virile; we are ending sterile. Charter members of the Church were men of heat and no degrees; today many hold degrees, but have no heat! Ah, brethren, flame-hearted men are the crying need of the hour!"(1)
More than anything else we need praying men and women who have made it their life to fall on their face and seek His face, and cry for a Body that has turned away from God. We feel this need, greatly, here in the Land. And we cry to God to give us an awakening that will burn the dross away, that will cause us to run back to God, that will arrest our hearts in the sight of His glory and grace, His wounds and His crown. Oh, how we need to honor God and to fear Him again. Mal. 1:6 A son honors his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honor? and if I be a master, where is my fear?....
- Oh, pray with us for the Fire of Heaven to fall once again on dedicated, turned, willing, surrendered hearts!
We prayed for Israel’s defense from a slightly different angle
Israel is militarily strong at the moment (may we continue to grow in strength), but power is not only physical; it must also be moral. It is not for naught that the nations, primarily through the UN have been attacking Israel on this very point, and blaming Israel for crimes against humanity.
But God is way ahead and over 2700 years ago He already spoke a promise to deal with this issue. We should pray into it and from it for Israel’s moral strength.
Is. 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.
Nathan Alterman was a very prominent poet in Israel during its founding and first years. Here is a stanza from a poem that touches on this very issue. I hope you are inspired to pray and stand for Israel’s inner strength as well as its military strength.
Satan then said;
How do I overcome This besieged one?
He has courage And talent,
And implements of war
And resourcefulness. only this shall I do,
I'll dull his mind And cause him to forget
The justice of his cause.
Blessings from Jerusalem,
1. Ravenhill, Leonard. Why Revival Tarries (p. 155). Baker Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.