The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Ex. 14:1 Now, the LORD spoke to Moses, saying:
Ex. 14:2 "Speak to the children of Israel, that they turn and camp before Pi Hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, opposite Baal Zephon; you shall camp before it by the sea.
Ex. 14:3 For Pharaoh will say of the children of Israel, "They are bewildered by the land; the wilderness has closed them in.'
The word for 'bewildered' in Hebrew can mean confusion (Est 3:15), perplexity. The NIV has it as, "wandering around the land in confusion."
Leaving Egypt, Israel had come to a place, where the sea was before them, and the enemy was behind them, they had gotten themselves into an impossible situation, and to the Egyptians, it seemed as if Israel was just wandering around the desert in confusion.
Of course, they could not see that the same God who redeemed Israel from Egypt was leading them in the desert. But that is another story.
What we were struck with is that, at this present time, Israel seems to be in a difficult place, both within and without. There is political and moral confusion within Israel; [Bibi has just appointed two homosexuals to ministry posts, probably to win over the LGBT community]. What direction is Israel going to go? Super right, super religious, super left? There is confusion in the Land. Too, there are Israel's enemies who seem to be slowly gaining a better position to close in on Israel. No doubt this uncertainty, and confusion is weakening Israel, perhaps not militarily but certainly in its resolve to deal with its enemies.
Of course, you know, that although Israel was quite helpless and truly stuck, the Lord wasn't and isn't! He was the one who led Israel to the sea, to open it! The Egyptians had it wrong, they were the ones who were walking (galloping actually) into a trap. In the end, it proved that they were the ones who were confused!
We prayed for Israel from this scripture along three lines: Political, Military, and Spiritual.
- We cried out to God regarding the moral confusion (as explained above) in the leadership of Israel.
- We pleaded with the Lord for His intervention in the affairs of state, to raise a coherent leadership that will have a clear view of Israel's needs and the many challenges she faces
- We prayed for the Lord to providentially cause the circumstances in the Land that will necessitate a balanced government.
- We prayed for the upcoming elections in September - and into the possibility of a unity government that will represent the whole nation without allowing extreme agendas such as the Far Right, or Orthodox or Extreme Left.
- We cried for a government that will not ignore the needs of the weaker population, that will be just and fair, that will have society's best in mind and practice
- We cried for God to deliver us from the deep corruption that seems to hold the government in its tentacles.
- We cried to the Lord for leaders who will have true vision and idealism to lead the country with responsibility and dignity and honor (we have too many officials who have served prison time, including a former president and a former prime minister.)
Iran-Hezbollah-Hamas-Syria is a formidable enemy, sophisticated and cunning, possessed and fueled by a seemingly unending deep-seated hatred towards Israel and the Jewish people. They seem to be consumed one hatred - Israel.
- We thanked the Lord for our history - He has opened the "sea" for us many times.
- We thanked the Lord that He has led us to the Land (some of our enemies think we are "stuck" here, with nowhere to go or flee from them.)
- We blessed His name for the gathering of the Jewish people into the Land from the nations
- We expressed our faith in His sovereignty
- We expressed our faith in His power
- We expressed our faith in His Will - Mercy, and intention — Restoration
- We cried out for that 'sea' of impossibility to open
- We asked the Lord to deal with the enemy and fulfill His Word (Ezekiel 36:12-15)
- We thanked the Lord for the exaltation of His name in His dealing with those nations around us - Ezek. 36:36 Then the nations which are left all around you shall know that I, the LORD, have rebuilt the ruined places and planted what was desolate. I, the LORD, have spoken it, and I will do it.
As a nation and a people, we do seem to be confused and bewildered. We are stuck in every way. Our long-standing rejection of Yeshua as Messiah still stands as a formidable barrier to entering our full inheritance. But as impassible and impossible as all this seems, God has promised to open the way, for He is The Way! He only can reveal His Son to our nation, He alone can pour out from heaven clean water, He only can evaporate 2000 years of estrangement from Him, to a reunion with Him in Messiah that is as miraculous and unthinkable as the opening of the Red Sea!
Zechariah 12 and Ezekiel 36 stand as great monuments to the Will, Power, and Faithfulness of God. We prayed much into these things.
- We cried to the Lord to open the eyes of blind Israel
- We cried to God to unstop the ears of deaf Israel
- We cried to God to return with great Mercies (Zech. 1:16)
- We prayed for the outpouring of the Spirit of God upon this People to give them repentance unto life
- We prayed for the Son of God to be revealed in all His majesty and beauty to our nation
- We prayed for the Word to arise and be made alive in the midst of our nation
- Salvation is all of God, all by Grace, all by your Sovereignty, all by your Power to save O’ Lord. Set the captives free dear Lord, reveal thyself that we might fall at your feet, shine your light in our darkness and set us free to be yours and forever yours alone. Come, dear Lord, and save your people!
We prayed for the Body of Messiah in the Land
There seems to be much confusion and bewilderment in the Body, along three lines:
Confusion regarding the Word of God - much false teaching and error….
Confusion regarding what is truly of the Holy Spirit and what is not, in these days
Confusion about the life we are to live here on earth, as believers. We seem to be happy with a blend of world and kingdom, all the while we are called to a sanctified life!
- We prayed for the Word to rise again in the Body as central in authority and power
- We prayed for the Word to be preached clearly in the pulpits
- We prayed for the cleansing of the Bride by the Word of God and by the blood of the Lamb
- We prayed for the work of the True Holy Spirit in our midst to sanctify and separate each believer from the flesh, dead works, and the love of the world
- We prayed for a genuine revival in the Body of Messiah, the return of confession of sin and for the humbling of ourselves when we gather together as a congregation or congregations.
- We prayed for a renewed passion for seeking the Face of our beloved Lord
- We prayed for a renewed desire for prayer in the Body
- We prayed for the leaders of the congregation — to lead in these things
Blessings from Jerusalem,