These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Most of you, no doubt, have been following the dramatic standoff between the Muslim world and Israel over the security arrangements on the temple mount, following the deadly terror attack that claimed the lives of two police officers.
Many, I am sure, are incensed by Israel’s capitulation to the Muslim world’s demand that it remove all security measures at the entrances to the temple mount.
It is not within the scope of this prayer bulletin to analyze the political or other issues involved in this conflict, except to say that behind it all is a spirit, a terrible spirit that does not yield to reason, to logic or common sense and that cannot be assuaged. We are engaged in an enormous spiritual struggle, between God and the enemy. The war will be won, but in this battle, Israel lost, or so it seems right now.
Those wanting to read more background, read here: http://www.timesofisrael.com/amid-temple-mount-tumult-the-who-what-and-why-of-its-waqf-rulers/
Standing and praying for Jerusalem
These verses reflect the true unchangeable counsel of God that is being carried out by the Lord; regardless of how things seem. Rather than waste our time fuming, we chose to spend our time standing on, proclaiming and praying over these truths.
We proclaimed, prayed and stood on these truths
- Psalm 89:28-37 The throne promised to David and his seed (Yeshua) forever. That throne is in Zion (today its called the temple mount) See: Psalm 2:6
- Psalm 132:13-14 God has chosen Zion to dwell in forever. This especially speaks of the day in which Yeshua will return to forever dwell in the midst of His people and rule over the earth.
- Jeremiah 33:16 This verse points to the day in which the Jewish people will meet the Messiah and turn to Him. It amazingly ties Israel’s salvation with the Messiah and with a place - Jerusalem.
- Zechariah 12:6 This wonderful verse points to the fact that in all the turmoil and battle of the nations against God’s people and city, Jerusalem and her people “will remain intact in her place.” (EBC)
- Psalm 102:15-16 The restoration of Israel and Jerusalem, will culminate in the great appearance of God in His Glory! The result is a great fear of God that nations and their kings and rulers are seized by.
- We also prayed for our government: for wisdom, counsel, and unity regarding the current crisis. See Proverbs 11:14
We were led to pray for Israel from Ezekiel 39:25-29
These verses are a summary of chapters 36-39 which speak of the restoration of Israel. Several things are interesting to note:
All the enemy’s fuss and resistance end up in nothing. Although he animates all the nations to come against God’s people, land and plan, it is to no avail. God completes His plan and purpose; this is marvelous.
The promise is so sure that in the last verse the outpouring of the Holy Spirit is expressed in the past tense. That is not a mistake. Many versions have changed this verse to make it more logical, but it stands in the Hebrew that way. Can we say with the Lord: It is done! And yet still pray for it, and believe for the fulfillment?
God’s promises express His will, His passion, His heart. He desires to restore His people, He will do it, and not fail.
- We prayed with great joy for the Holy Spirit to be poured out
- We prayed for God’s name to be vindicated and sanctified (Ezekiel 39:27)
- We prayed for God’s own will to be fulfilled
- We prayed for God to reveal His face
- We prayed for the great Mercy to come! (Ezekiel 39:25)
We were inspired to continue and use the same scriptures for the Body of Messiah.
- We all long for more of God.
- We long for more of His Spirit, more of His presence.
- We long for His presence in the midst of the Body.
- Our hearts long for more of Him, not just to see power or thrills etc.
- We long for a great cleansing, revival to break upon us.
- We long for conviction in the Body of Messiah, for holiness, for victory over natures.
- We long to know the Lord and walk in an overcoming, walk in Grace, walk in the Spirit.
Thank you for standing with us for all the will of God to be done in these last days.
All for His Glory alone!