These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
The restoration of Jerusalem and Israel in light of her role and calling in the last days
Dan. 9:15 And now, O Lord our God, who brought Your people out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and made Yourself a name, as it is this day—we have sinned, we have done wickedly!
Dan. 9:16 “O Lord, according to all Your righteousness, I pray, let Your anger and Your fury be turned away from Your city Jerusalem, Your holy mountain; because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and Your people are a reproach to all those around us.
Dan. 9:17 Now, therefore, our God, hear the prayer of Your servant, and his supplications, and for the Lord’s sake cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate.
Dan. 9:18 O my God, incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolations and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies.
Dan. 9:19 O Lord, hear! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, listen and act! Do not delay for Your own sake, my God, for Your city and Your people are called by Your name.”
These verses are only part of Daniel's prayer for the restoration of Jerusalem and God's people. We just quote here part of the whole prayer which we read together. Read it and be inspired!
A note about Daniel and his prayer
We pointed out the fact that Daniel's prayer, and that little incident where he got to spend a night with lions (Daniel 6), happened in the same year, the first year of Darius.
The enemy was apparently so threatened by Daniel's prayers that he roused the jealousy of Daniel's peers and used them to try to kill him.
HIs prayer was so important that the Lord preserved it in His book. His prayer was so in line with God's will, and so effective that the Lord sent the angel Gabriel to reveal to him the ultimate fulfillment of all he was praying for. May we learn to pray like that, to live like that.
We followed the outline of the prayer and used many of its verses.
Where Daniel confessed Israel's rebellion and sin, you can use those verses to ask the Lord to bring conviction of those things upon us (rather than confessing them yourself - which would not be fitting). The matter of conviction is entirely in line with other portions of scriptures such as Zechariah 12:10, Ezekiel 36:25-27 and Ezekiel 36:31
- We prayed for the Holy Spirit to come in conviction, repentance, a revelation of the crucified one.
- We acknowledged God's greatness, and His goodness (Dan. 9:4)
- We admitted and confessed that as a people we rebelled against the Lord (Dan. 9:5)
- We acknowledged that our people have a history of rejecting the Word that He spoke through the prophets (Dan.6:6)
- We prayed earnestly for our nation and Jerusalem with these amazingly moving and profound words found in Dan. 6:15-19
Jerusalem - destined to be a blessing in the midst of the earth
We were moved to continue to pray for restoration, keeping in mind Jerusalem's destiny.
Is. 62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not hold My peace, And for Jerusalem’s sake I will not rest, Until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, And her salvation as a lamp that burns.
Is. 62:2 The Gentiles shall see your righteousness, And all kings your glory. You shall be called by a new name, Which the mouth of the LORD will name.
Is. 62:3 You shall also be a crown of glory In the hand of the LORD, And a royal diadem In the hand of your God.
These verses open an amazing view, and that is that Israel's salvation will shine as a great light in the earth.
The Word will issue again from her midst (Isaiah 2:1-3)
The Light of Salvation will break forth and shine in the world - a veritable Light House shining into the earth's darkness. Imagine the light of the Grace of God, the light of His forgiveness, the light of the cleansing blood, the light of conviction that Yeshua is the only way, and all else is a disaster and eternal ruin. The Light of the Word and the truth of God. The world needs the light of God!
Just imagine what it would be like for the nations around us to see the shining forth of God's salvation from Israel! To see Israel worshiping and praising her King and Messiah! Israel repentant and broken before God, Israel rejoicing in her King.
- We prayed into these verses for Jerusalem to fulfill her God determined destiny in spite of the God-resisting will of the nations (Psalm 2)
Israel's enemies need God, and they need to be stopped
With Isaiah 62:1-3 in mind, we prayed for the Iranian people. There is much unrest there at the moment as the people are longing for a change; they are under much oppression
- We prayed for a regime change in Iran.
- We prayed for Iran to open for the gospel's sake
- We prayed that the uprising would be as an earthquake in Iran
- We prayed God would stop Iran from advancing towards Israel (they are, through their proxies, 11 K from our borders on the Golan.)
- We prayed into the situation with Hezbollah; some Israeli experts are warning that war is imminent.
- We prayed into the tension with the Palestinians and Hamas. The issues regarding Jerusalem are insoluble, humanly speaking. Tension is rising and could easily slip into much more violence, especially with Hamas' help and encouragement.
Our leaders as shepherds
Some in the prayer group expressed a burden for our people and the social issues so plaguing Israel.
Did you know Israel has no constitution? Did you know that many of our laws have their root in a soup of Ottoman and British and Israeli law? Did you know Israel has no separation of "Synagogue" and State? Did you know that Israel has 106 political parties? " Only" 11 parties in the Knesset (our parliament)
There is much in the Word of God which is being fulfilled right before our eyes, Israel is prosperous, strong, vibrant.
Many other parts of the Word of God have not yet come to expression. There is much inequality, corruption on many governmental levels, poverty, lack of affordable housing, low wages.
This is all contrary to the Word of God see for instance Ezekiel 36:29-30 and it is something God wants us to pray into (see Ezekiel 36:37)
- We prayed for our leaders, to come clean from corruption
- We prayed for leaders who have a heart and vision broader than their agenda
- We prayed for a change in the political system
- We prayed for the many talented people that are leaving Israel for lack of work or opportunity
- Pray with us for a massive Aliya (immigration) from the US and France; it has the potential of bringing about a great change, just as the Aliya from Russia did in the 90's
Thank you for praying with us and for us.
Blessings from Jerusalem