The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Rom. 11:30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience,
Rom. 11:31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy.
Rom. 11:32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
God’s Love regarding Israel is expressed in three ways
It was in His sovereign Love that God chose Israel - Deuteronomy 7:7
It was in His Love that God covenanted with Israel - Jeremiah 31:3, 31:31-34
It will be in His Love and mercy (mercy is ‘love acting’) He will restore them - Hosea 14:4, Romans 11:28
Our understanding of God’s Love
Our understanding of Love is so hopelessly entangled by the ideas of the world, that we need revelation from the Word of God as to what it is! Will the anti-Christ seem loving, caring? Will he offer false mercy and grace to the world? Indeed it seems so. (See the beginning verses in 1John 4.)
We must get a profound and real revelation of the Love of God as it is in the cross of Yeshua, His redemptive death. It is there where we see the true light and begin to understand what Love actually is. And it is there that we start to understand Yeshua’s call to follow Him.
1John 4:9 In this the Love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him.
1John 4:10 In this is Love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins (or as JFB paraphrases it: “Not that we did any act of love at any time to God, but that He did the act of love to us in sending Christ.”)
At no time has Israel ever achieved or deserved God’s love, choice, covenants. We have failed miserably so many times, and yet! God will have His day and say and way. Romans 11:31 says that the same mercy that came to the gentiles through calvary will be the mercy that restores Israel.
God’s Love is unconditional, and His purposes incapable of failing.
In the power of the cross:
God the Son will reveal Himself to us - Zechariah 12:10
God the Spirit will come upon us to give us repentance - Zechariah 12:10
God the Father will gather us to Himself to be with Him forever - Jeremiah 24:7, Zephaniah 3:14-17, Ezekiel 37:26-28
Israel’s restoration to God through Messiah seems to me to be the most important (not the only important) point of prayer. The longer we pray for her salvation and restoration, the more aware we are of the battle in prayer over this point. The stakes are enormous for the world and the Church: Romans 11:11, 15
- O’ for the Redeemer to come out of Zion and turn away ungodliness from Jacob (Romans 11:26)
- Save now O’ Lord, we pray, Save NOW, send success O’ God and redeem your people (Psalm 118:25)
- Turn us, and we shall be turned O’ God Lamentations 5:21
- Purge us with hyssop (sprinkle thy blood upon us), and we shall be clean (Psalm 51:7)
- Hide your face from our sins, and look upon your own Son at the cross dear Lord (Psalm 51:9
- Create in us a clean (pure) heart O’ God (Psalm 51:10)
- Restore to us your presence dear Lord, let our King come and reign
- Lord send upon Israel a longing for you and for your Word (1Samuel 7:2)
- Send upon us a hunger for your Word and your Word only )Amos 8:11)
- How long O’ Lord will you have your people sit in darkness (Isaiah 9:2)
- Lord make Israel a praise in the earth (Isaiah 62:7 - without salvation, how could Israel be a praise on the earth for God?)
- Restore your reputation in the earth by the salvation of Israel dear Lord (Ezekiel 36:22-27)
- Open Israel’s eyes to the fountain for cleansing that has been opened since calvary (Zechariah 13:1)
- Rule over us, our Great King, with an outstretched arm (Yeshua revealed - Ezekiel 20:33-34)
- Draw us to yourself O’ Lord by the Love of God in our crucified King (Jeremiah 31:3)
- Lord, we so long for yourself, your presence in this land, we cannot stand it. Return O’ God into our midst as you have promised (Ezekiel 37:27)
Pray for the Body of Messiah
Pray for the Body in the same way. There must be a revelation of the cross, a hunger for the Word, a longing for Yeshua Himself, an overwhelming revelation of our need for Him as believers! See Psalm 42:1-9, see (and pray) Psalm 63:1-9
Pray for the new situation in the ME
It seems quite providential that the US has taken out such an arch-terrorist as Sulimani. Is this God’s way of bringing the US into the fray? Many analysts are saying many things, but we firmly believe the future is in God’s hands, and He is sovereignly leading events.
If you need inspiration to pray into these matters, pray from Isaiah 40, especially Isaiah 40:4-5, 12-18
There is no doubt: God is sovereignly leading events to His desired ends, although it may seem as if everything is out of control. Yet, this leads us to a greater vigil rather than laxity in prayer (Luke 18:1-8)
It is our sincerest hope that these communications will serve to develop your own prayer life and call to intercession. That these communications will stir up your Love for God and a more deep-seated desire to seek His face over His Word.
Blessings from Jerusalem,