The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
There can be no greater and desirable thing than the nearness of God and to live in the presence of the Lord. Think of it, living in the Presence of God! Can there be anything more wonderful, sweeter and fulfilling than living In the presence of God?
Can there be anything more terrible than losing the presence of God? This is what Israel lost; the Presence of the Living God. Ezekiel, who had been exiled to Babylon, was shown in the Spirit the departure of the Presence of the Lord from the temple, and then from the land. Nothing can be worse than that!
Seeing that the Presence of the Lord left Israel for its unfaithfulness to Him, His return is a wonder of Grace. See Eze 39:25. This is the main focus of Ezekiel 38-39, not the invasion of God and Magog, nor the judgment of God that comes upon them.
Isaiah 54:7 “For a mere moment I have forsaken you, But with great mercies I will gather you.
Zech.1:16 “Therefore thus says the LORD: ‘I am returning to Jerusalem with mercy;
O’ how wonderful this! Just read these verses, let them sink in and tell me that you are not blown away by the sheer grace and wonder of the Lord coming back to dwell with His people. He actually wants us! He wants to dwell with us! He will dwell with us and we with Him!
Ezek. 39:25 “Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: ‘Now I will bring back the captives of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for My holy name--
Ezek. 39:26 after they have borne their shame, and all their unfaithfulness in which they were unfaithful to Me, when they dwelt safely in their own land and no one made them afraid.
Ezek. 39:27 When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations,
Ezek. 39:28 then they shall know that I am the LORD their God, who sent them into captivity among the nations, but also brought them back to their land, and left none of them captive any longer.
Ezek. 39:29 And I will not hide My face from them anymore; for I shall have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,’ says the Lord GOD.”
And it will all be done by the Holy Spirit!
We prayed for the nation of Israel
- We prayed much for the Return of the Shekhinah (abiding presence) and Glory of God to our nation
- We called upon the Lord to fulfill His covenant promises as declared in these verses, and to pour out His Spirit upon our people, without limit!
- We prayed for the Lord to open the eyes of this nation to His Son and their King and Savior
- We prayed much for the Holy Spirit come in heart-breaking power upon us
- We prayed for the mercies of God to flood the land with His Holy Goodness
- We prayed for such a move of God in this land that there would be no one left who does not know the Living God in Messiah (Jeremiah 31:34)
- We prayed from Hosea 2:19-20 God’s return to Israel is a time of the blossoming of Love, a time of Grace and Mercy and Compassion.
- We prayed for the Lord to pour out a Hunger for the Word of God into the hearts of His people so that they might seek Him, as the Shulamite did in Song of Songs. (Song 3:3)
We prayed for the Body of Messiah in the Land
Since we are in the midst of Hanukkah, in which we celebrate the victory God gave us over the enemies of Israel who invaded the land, and of the cleansing of the temple from idols and the reestablishment of the true worship of God in His temple, we prayed along those lines. (Adding this line of prayer to the passage from Ezekiel as quoted above.)
- We prayed for the Light of God to invade the Body of Messiah.
- We prayed for an unrelenting zeal in the Body to cleanse itself from any idols, or flesh or any other thing that does not belong in the House of the Lord
- We cried to God for that same outpouring of His Holy Spirit in the Body
- We prayed for the Lord to come in great mercy and revelation of Himself and ravish the hearts of His people
- We prayed for the Presence of God to fill the House of the Lord
- We prayed for a renewed sense of amazement at the incarnation, and of Calvary
- We prayed from 2Cor 4:6 For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
- We prayed from Cor 6:16
- We asked the Lord to make His Body a living Menorah full of light to give light to those who sit in darkness Isaiah 9:2 (which is the whole nation really.)
We prayed for Israel’s security as it faces grave danger on its northern border
As some of you may know Israel is in the midst of an operation to destroy attack tunnels that have been dug by Hezbollah into Israeli territory. Some of the tunnels are right by Metula, a small city at the very tip of the North of Israel, jutting into Lebanon.
For those interested in exploring further here are a few links to some newspaper articles:
We were inspired by the story of Hanukkah to pray for Israel's security. God can save by the few rather than the many.
- We prayed for the current on-going operation to destroy the tunnels to be very successful
- We prayed for the IDF to find every last one of those attack tunnels
- We prayed for the Lord to keep His hand on the situation and not let the enemy take advantage of it to start an all-out war
- We prayed from Ezekiel 39:1-4 and Eze 39:17-22 There the Lord promises to deal with Israel’s enemies. (Although the wording paints a gruesome picture, the meaning of it is total victory over the enemy; those who have chosen to brazenly and unremittingly rebel against the creator and Lord of all, and to resist His purposes on the earth.
- We prayed for the Lord to glorify His name that the nations will know that He alone is God, and that Israel may know the same through that great deliverance
- We prayed from Jeremiah 30:10
Thank you for standing with us in these unusual and challenging days. May you have an amazing Holiday Season as the Lord invades your life with His light and presence and love.
Blessings from Jerusalem,