The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
God: when Israel was a child I loved him….out of Egypt I called my son
Us: they sacrificed to Baals…
God: I taught Ephraim to walk…taking them by the hand… I drew them with cords of kindness..with the bands of love…eased the yoke…I bent down and fed them
Us: My people are bent on turning away from Me
God: How can I give you up Ephraim? How can I hand you over, O Israel…I will not execute my burning anger…. I will not come in wrath…When He roars then His sons shall come trembling…they shall come trembling like a bird….I will return them to their home!
How amazing is God's faithful love. How can a just God not come in wrath? Ultimately, because He wreaked His wrath in judgment on His Son, our savior!
How can the roaring of the Lion attract rather than sow fear in our hearts? We must understand this roar in light of Calvary! His Word and Voice and Call issuing out, calling us all to come and see, and be saved, and come near this Holy God who has loved us.
What love is this?! How unworthy are we as a nation of this love and grace. How bent have we been, on turning away from the one who bent down to feed us? Not that there are other nations or people more worthy, but still, this is a record that, we here in the land, have to take in.
We were much moved by this sight of God and were helped to intercede with a deep sense of God’s grace and presence.
- We called on the Lord to utter His voice and 'roar' in this land
- We cried out for His Spirit to fall upon His people.
- We cried out for a heart of flesh instead of the heart of stone! (See Ezekiel 36:26, see Jeremiah 31:31-34)
- We called on the Lord to be washed in the blood of Yeshua
- We called on the Lord to reveal His own nature and being in this land
- We cried for the Lord to reveal the sufferings of the Messiah on the cross
- We asked for the Lord to reveal His own heart and passion that propelled Him to the cross
- We prayed for the breaking of the bondage of religion in the land
- We prayed for the Lord to shake us and wake us, again, from our spiritual lethargy.
- We prayed out of Deut. 30:5-7 for the circumcision of our and our people’s heart to love the Lord with all our hearts and souls that we may live before Him.
- We called on the Lord to ‘heal the wounds of this nation' (see Jeremiah 30:17)
- We called for His Mercies and Compassions to come upon the tents of Jacob (see Jeremiah 30:18)
- We cried for the Lord to un-bend us from our bent on turning away from Him
The Lord roars from Zion - The Lord is a refuge to His people - Joel 3
Last week we prayed from Ezekiel 34:25 ….I will banish the wild beasts… we compared some leaders (Assad, Nasrallah and the Ayatollahs) to devouring beasts.
Jeremiah speaks in a similar way: Jeremiah 30:16 “all who devour you shall be devoured..those who plunder you shall be plundered..all who prey on you I will make a prey…”
No wonder then, that in the midst of this ‘jungle’ God likens Himself to a lion who roars…the King of the ‘jungle’ roars. But whereas the roaring of God in Hosea attracts His people, the roaring of God in Joel 3 causes a quaking of the heavens and the earth (and all therein), and He becomes the refuge, the protection of His people.
- We prayed for the voice of the Lord to shake the nations (See Psalm 46:6)
- We prayed for that ‘roar’ of God in the midst of Israel
- We prayed for God to be Israel’s refuge
- We prayed for God to become Israel’s stronghold
- We prayed for God’s intervention on behalf of Israel
- We prayed for the subduing of Hezbollah on our northern borders
- We prayed for Hamas’ plans to cause havoc and chaos in Samaria and Judea to fail
- We prayed for the wellbeing of Israel in the midst of amazing shifts in the political world
- We stood on the Word and God’s eternal purpose for this nation, to become a refuge for all the Jews in the world (they need to come home of course.)
We concluded the meeting with a reading of the last verses of Joel
Joel 3:20 But Judah shall dwell forever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.
Joel 3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.
Thank you for standing with us, for His eternal purposes to be fulfilled in the earth! May the God of Israel and the Father of our Lord Yeshua, bless you at this special time of the year, and may His Presence by your joy throughout this Christmas season.
Please note that we will not be holding our regular prayer meetings, December 26 and January 2
Blessings from Jerusalem,