The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Hos. 5:15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offense, and seek my face: in their affliction, they will seek me early.
The Hebrew for this verse reads: “till they are convicted.” That is until they feel they're guilt.
Conviction can come to the heart by different agencies.
First, as is the case above, as a result of circumstances. See Ezekiel 5 to get a sense of it.
Second, through the direct Word of God spoken by the Holy Spirit through his servants. Remember the Word in Nathan’s mouth to David? “You are the man!” See 2Sam 12:1-9.
Or in Acts 2:36 A mighty conviction came upon all who heard Peter cry out: “God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.” No theory was this! Many of the hearers were present in Jerusalem at the crucifixion. How penetrating a Word, it must have been! Nowhere to flee from it; they “were pricked in their heart, and cried back, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?!” (Acts 2:37)
Third: Conviction can also be granted as a visitation of the Lord as He pours out His Holy Spirit, who is called in Zechariah 12:10 “The Spirit of Grace and Supplication” That is, the Spirit of Repentance.
Whatever way conviction (from the Lord) comes it is a blessed thing, is it not? It is the most wonderful thing in the world, and it comes from heaven.
Why is conviction a blessed thing?
Because He convicts us that we may have Him. He convicts us that we may come back to Him. He convicts us because He wants to give us His Grace and the fullness of all His blessings and nearness. It is Love coming to make you His own. It is Love coming to prepare you to live before Him. He is all that is Good, Holy, Blessed, Fulfilling.
Hosea’s cry reveals God’s desired end:
Hos. 6:1 Come and let us return unto the LORD: for he hath torn, and he will heal us; he hath smitten, and he will bind us up.
Hos. 6:2 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
Hos. 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
See how excellent is the result of the conviction and of returning to God? Why its life from the dead for the nation of Israel. This mighty conviction will be Life from the dead for us.
We prayed for conviction unto salvation
- We prayed for a mighty conviction to fall on Israel, from heaven
- We prayed for a mighty outpouring of the Spirit of repentance to flood the land
- We prayed for a great Hunger and Thirst for a heavenly Righteousness to invade our land
- We prayed that God might take away our ability to enjoy our self-righteousness
- We prayed for a strong conviction, especially among those who are in a mighty effort to keep the Rabbinical interpretation of the law… see Hos. 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.
- We prayed for the Holy Spirit to reveal the Son and cause men to long for Him
- We prayed for a mighty revelation such as Isaiah had, such as Paul had, such as Thomas had, of the glory and holiness of God and His mercy and grace at the cross
We prayed for conviction unto Aliya (returning to the land)
With anti-semitism rising so ferociously in the world, we felt an urgency to pray for a return to of the Jewish people to the land of their forefathers.
- We prayed for stirring in the hearts of the millions of Jews who are very satisfied in staying in other countries, totally ignoring the rise of the hatred for them in the nations they live in. Click here for more info: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46150677
- We prayed that God would do what He promised (Ezekiel 37:12) and what no man or agency can do by themselves, and that is to bring His Word to pass!
We prayed for conviction to sweep the Church
In the book of Revelation, we see Yeshua, ascended and glorified, coming for His Bride. He will not tolerate a bride with a distracted heart, with a wayward heart. He who is Love comes with a mighty sevenfold word to His people to reclaim them for Himself! This is what Love does. So for instance, her rebukes the Ephesian Church Rev. 2:4 But I have this against you, that you have abandoned the love you had at first.
- O’ that Love may ‘nail us.’
- O’ that Love would convict us
- O’ that Love would shine His Light into our hearts and souls
- O’ that we may see you as John did at Patmos
- O’ that we may have a revelation of the Son of God
- We prayed for the Lord to stir up the memory of His people, how it was at the first
- We prayed for a strong conviction, and deep desire in the hearts of God’s people For him
- We prayed God's people would eschew substitutes. “As we needed you then, we need you now.”
- We prayed for a great deep desire for the Lord Himself to be given to His people
We prayed for the security of this land due to the present dangers
Although everything seems calm, things are so tense on our northern borders that at any moment the tension can break out into a full-scale conflict.
Ezek. 34:28 They shall no more be a prey to the nations, nor shall the beasts of the land devour them. They shall dwell securely, and none shall make them afraid.
Ezek. 34:25 s“I will make with them a covenant of peace and banish wild beasts from the land, so that they may dwell securely in the wilderness and sleep in the woods.
Nassarallah is a wild beast, Asad is a "beast" and so are the other leaders of those nations which are intent on devouring us! If you want to know what they want, read Ezekiel 35. If you want to know what God will do, read Eze 35 and Eze 36.
- We prayed for the Lord to fulfill His Word and remove those men who, through demonic hatred, have become beasts and not men.
- We prayed for the Lord to remove the evil wisdom in these men as they plot our demise
- We prayed for divine intervention in removing Hezbollah as a threat to our nation
- We prayed the same for Iran, Hamas and every other “beastly” nation on our borders
- We prayed for the continued success of Israel’s efforts to locate and destroy the attack tunnels in the north
- We prayed for success for Israel in coming up continually with a strategy to overcome the demonic strategy of those terror organizations to fight within civilian centers
The Lord reigns let the earth rejoice!
Blessings from Jerusalem,