The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Don't worry; we are not depressed. But it is essential, to be honest about what we face when we pray for Israel's restoration.
So, when we read 1Samuel 17, we were greatly helped and encouraged. The chapter tells the story of the defiance of Goliath against the God of Israel, and God's reply. God sent a young man to slay him! Not a champion, not a battle-hardened adult, but a ruddy youth, albeit -- anointed by God!
We read 1Sam 17:40-54
We will not analyze this portion to any depth, but highlight the points that were encouraging to our praying.
- The battle was decided between two middlemen. Goliath representing the Philistines, and David representing the Lord's people. So did Yeshua fight alone on the cross as our representative, in our stead.
- David went to battle in the name of the Lord and for His Glory. Yeshua went to the cross to do His Father's will and glorify Him. Of course, in this, He loved us to the end.
- The stone that hit the head of Goliath is a type. It is at the cross that the head of the serpent was crushed in fulfillment of God's promise to Adam and Eve (and thus us as well.) Genesis 3:15.
- David brought the head of Goliath to Jerusalem. 1Sam 17:54 At that time, Jerusalem was still controlled by the Jebusites. So what can this mean? Someone said that in doing this (it was not an uncommon practice to hang the head or body of an opponent on city walls, see 1Chro 10:10, 1Sam 31:10) David was putting the Jebusites on notice, as if to say, "you are next!, I am coming to take this city," And so the cross is an ominous foretelling -- Jerusalem will become God's Holy City! He is coming back!!
Messiah has won the victory at Calvary, and His blood ratifies every promise in the Word of God. I can pray with total assurance in the face of the most challenging things and impossible things, as they may seem to me.
We prayed for Israel's salvation
- Break us free, dear Lord, from bondage to religion - at the cross
- Break us free from bondage to sin -- at the cross
- Bring our people back from the diaspora because of your victory at the cross
- Save Israel "wholesale" because of the cross
- Remove the veil and "heal" us of our blindness to our Savior - because you have won at Calvary.
- You will trumpet the gospel in this nation in the face of every opposition - because you have won the battle at Calvary
- Give us a new heart, not because we deserve it but because of your victory on the cross.
- There is nothing that the cross is not sufficient for, dear Lord, and It includes any and every need that Israel has, that the people have. Thank you Lord!
- We have lost the knowledge of God - You will restore it to us at the cross
- We have not known your presence in 2000 years - You will restore your presence at and because of the cross
- You have won the victory and are winning it now, whether we see it or not. You can not fail because you have already won at the cross
- Turn us, and we shall be turned, dear Lord
- Soften our hearts at the cross dear God
- Have mercy on these your people and send us the Spirit that we might turn to you
- Have mercy on us as a nation and apply that healing salve on our "seeing" that we might SEE you.
- Lord make this new Jewish Year, the Year of the Son of God. May it be dear Lord may it be so.
- We long for your coming, and we long for your appearance, we long for you to reign and rule over us.
We prayed for Israel's security
Psa. 56:1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me. Psa. 56:2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High. (See context Psalm 56)
Psa. 56:5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.
Psa. 56:6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.
How pertinent these words are regarding the nations who come against Israel physically, or in the political and media realms or the world's court of Justice.
- O Lord, deliver us from our enemies
- Lord preserve your people from all those that have arisen to destroy them
- At the cross, you won the spiritual victory and physical victory to give us life eternal, apply it as it pertains to the present security situation in both our northern borders and southern borders
- we especially committed to the Lord the situation in the north, not just Syria, but the very dangerous enemy - Hezbollah
We prayed for the Body of Messiah and the Church at large
- We prayed for the restoration of Yeshua and the cross as the central truth in the Body
- We prayed for a renewed understanding of the cross
- We prayed for a renewed appreciation and desire for Yeshua Himself
- We prayed for the power of the cross to sweep through the congregations - to cleanse, heal, save, bring back from backsliding, bring back from the love of the World.
- We prayed for the mighty preaching of the cross in the congregations
- We prayed for a renewed hope and encouragement to every believer -- that our eyes will see again, the mighty awesome victory at the cross that Yeshua has won.
Thank you for standing with us. May the Lord bless you mightily -- because of His victory on the cross!
Blessings from Jerusalem,