The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Psa. 98:1 Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.
Psa. 98:2 The LORD has made known His salvation; His righteousness He has revealed in the sight of the nations.
Psa. 98:3 He has remembered His mercy and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God.
Psa. 98:4 Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth; Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.
Psa. 98:5 Sing to the LORD with the harp, With the harp and the sound of a psalm,
Psa. 98:6 With trumpets and the sound of a horn; Shout joyfully before the LORD, the King.
Psa. 98:7 Let the sea roar, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell in it;
Psa. 98:8 Let the rivers clap their hands; Let the hills be joyful together before the LORD,
Psa. 98:9 For He is coming to judge the earth. With righteousness, He shall judge the world and the peoples with equity.
In this Psalm we can see God as Savior (vs.2), Covenant God (vs. 3), The (one and only) King- vs. 6) and as Judge (vs. 9). Each one of these titles or descriptions are so full of wonder that we will never fathom the depth of them neither will we ever exhaust thanksgiving and worship of Him as He appears in this Psalm. Salvation and redemption from sin or from the enemy include God’s wondrous acts in all these aspects of His being.
We will leave it for you to ponder and explore. (It will be well worth your time!)
This Psalm may have been written after some specific deliverance of God’s people at a particular time, but since that event is not specified, the Psalm has an eschatological application for us.
God right hand and holy arm, is ultimately Yeshua. His salvation is not just for Israel but for the world as well; the gospel has gone to the ends of the earth. His wonders are the miraculous interventions of God on behalf of His children. In His faithfulness, He has intervened to save the nation from her enemies.
There is great anticipation in this Psalm, as well. The whole earth is waiting to be delivered from bondage (Romans 8:21-22), Nature will be glad for His coming. His coming as the judge will be a great relief as he will bring justice and righteousness to the earth and to the nations.
Do you long for Righteousness and Justice in the earth? If you do, then you are longing for Yeshua to return in this way, as judge.
O’ how Israel needs her Righteous and Holy God to come to her! O’ how Israel needs deliverance, and God’s intervention! O’ that the Lord would bare His holy arm again in this Land and rescue us from sin, from our enemies, from ourselves…..
We prayed along these lines using this Psalm as an inspiration.
We prayed for Israel’s restoration to God
Psalm 98 celebrates the revelation of the Son of God as the savior of Israel
- We prayed for the New Covenant’s fulfillment by our covenant-keeping God
- We prayed into Jeremiah 31:34 - the experiencing of the conviction and grace of the crucified Messiah by the nation. They shall all know me…..for I will forgive their iniquity…
- We cried to the Lord for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit as light to the heart of many
- We prayed for the removing of the veil from the eyes of the people — to see that God has rent the veil and the way to Him is open in the blood of Messiah
- We prayed that the Lord will display His Power, Glory, Love in the revelation of Yeshua in the midst of His people
- We asked the Lord to cleanse us from our filthiness as a nation according to Ezekiel 36:25
- We asked the Lord to supply to Israel what it cannot produce by itself - Repentance. How lowly is our God, who not only sent His Son to be crucified for us, but is willing to supply us with the Repentance needed to turn to Him! Zech 12:10
We prayed for the Body of Messiah in the Land and in the world
Psalm 98 celebrates God’s revelation of His Son as savior and judge; Judgement unto life!
And it must begin in the house of God. 1Pet 4:17
- We cried to the Lord for the same spirit of Repentance to fall upon the Body of Messiah
- We asked the Lord for the Holy Spirit of God to fall upon the Body again and reveal the crucified Son of God (much of the Church today is anything but Christ-centered and cross-oriented.
- We pleaded with God to give the Body of Messiah a sight of Himself in His Glory, in His beauty, in the Cross, in His lowliness and humility.
- We asked the Lord to give us a sense of our need for the Blood of Messiah
- We asked the Lord to give us a sight of His our need for Him moment by moment
- We asked the Lord to give His children in the Body a deep appreciation and hunger for the Word of God
- We prayed for the shepherds in the Body of Messiah and asked Him to give them boldness to preach the whole counsel of God without respect of persons or fear
- We prayed for the Word of God to become a fire in the pulpits of the Land
- We begged for the Word of God to come with power and conviction, to give sight and light of Yeshua, to produce faith and hope in the hearts of those who hear
- We asked the Lord to call His people from the distraction of the world, and its entertainments to Himself, to the things of God, to the heavenly riches in Messiah
- We asked the Lord to give His people a hearing heart for the things they hear of the Word of God
We prayed for the Security of Israel, as Iran endeavors to squeeze Israel in its three-toed claws
Psalm 98, no doubt, celebrates God’s deliverance of Israel from her enemies. Our Covenant God remembers in His promised mercies to deliver Israel in His covenant faithfulness.
Iran continues to plan Israel’s end. With her two proxies (Hezbollah in Lebanon, Hamas in Gaza) Iran plans to attack Israel at the right time. Recently it was reported that Iran and Hamas have come to an understanding that if there is war in the north (with Hezbollah), Hamas will join in it, to divert Israel’s strength between two fronts, at least.
- We looked to the God of the armies of Israel to save Israel (and not merely to the armies of Israel)
- We put before the Lord His great promises and reminded Him of His covenant with Israel
- We looked to God according to Solomon’s prayer at the dedication of the temple 1Ki 8:44
- We called upon the Lord for deliverance in the day of trouble Psalm 50:15
- We prayed with the words of Jehoshaphat, “O LORD God of our fathers, are You not God in heaven and do You not rule over all the kingdoms of the nations, and in Your hand is there not power and might, so that no one is able to withstand You?” 2Chro 20:16 and context
- We prayed for the leadership of the Land that they might not act out of fear nor provocation but from a well thought out plan and purpose
- We prayed that the coming elections and personal calculations, will not be a factor in weighing a preemptive strike if necessary
Its wonderful that we can stand together in the things of God. May you be blessed and encouraged as you look to the Lord in prayer. Psa. 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces were not ashamed
Blessings from Jerusalem,