The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
In Isaiah 24-27, we read of two cities. One - Jerusalem or Zion of whom Isaiah says: " Is. 26:1 In that day this song will be sung in the land of Judah: “We have a strong city; God will appoint salvation for walls and bulwarks."
The other represents the world system -- organized humanity. Of her, Isaiah prophesies:
Is. 25:2 For You have made a city a ruin, A fortified city a ruin, A palace of foreigners to be a city no more; It will never be rebuilt. Is. 25:3 Therefore the strong people will glorify You; The city of the terrible nations will fear You.
The two systems or "cities" are engaged in a conflict to the end, which is why the UN behaves in the way it does. At its root, the conflict is a spiritual one; a battle against God Himself, over the earth. And the solution? The rise of one is the doom of the other; God will prevail in Zion! The nations will glorify God, one way or the other.
Praying for Israel - praying for God's city
Although the hypocrisy of the UN and the nations is maddening, (though America's behavior is very encouraging), it is much more effective and advisable to turn to the Lord and continue to pray for the fulfillment of His plan. There is no doubt of the outcome of such praying - Heaven and earth will pass away, but His Word will never pass away till all is accomplished.
Israel's most profound need is to be reconciled to God through His Son
Zech. 12:10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn.
Although familiar to most, this is an incredible promise! Yeshua will reveal Himself -- ("they shall see me, whom they have pierced"),-- to our people! God will give us repentance; God will give us a broken heart, God will give us a praying heart, a humble, contrite heart. And we shall see Him, our Messiah!
- Lord we long for the day you open the heavens to pour out the Holy Spirit upon us
- Lord we call upon you, we cry to you to pour out the Spirit upon us now
- Lord we pray you will move in our land to grant us a heart of flesh instead of a heart of stone
- Lord reveal Your Son to our people
- Lord blow by your Spirit on this nation and turn us to you again
- We pray for a deep repentance in Israel
- We pray for a turning of the whole nation to you
- We pray for your glory to be revealed
- Lord reconcile us to your Son
Most Jews in Diaspora are fast asleep and unaware God's plan to bring them home
Ezek. 39:27 When I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them out of their enemies’ lands, and I am hallowed in them in the sight of many nations,
God has decreed that He will bring His people back to the land. They have no say or choice about it. Of course one can choose not to yield, but then that is a very unwise thing to do; that is what the Jews of Europe did before World War 2. (I thank God my grandmother did not ignore the signs of the times and left Europe in 1935)
- Father awaken your people to your purpose for them to bring them to the land
- Father, we pray you awaken your people to the danger they are in, in the countries where they reside.
- Don't let your people ignore the rising anti-Semitism in the countries where they live
- Father send emissaries to call your people back home
- We pray for a work of the Spirit on the hearts of the millions of Jews who are choosing to ignore the situation in their countries
- Compel them to come, dear Lord
- Father, move on the Messianic Jews too, especially in prosperous western countries
Israel and the nations in the diplomatic arena
Is. 54:15 Indeed they shall surely assemble, but not because of Me. Whoever assembles against you shall fall for your sake.
Is. 54:17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.
Let the UN or any other countries assemble to condemn Israel and to weaken its hands; it is of no avail. Why? Because of the Lord, He has spoken. This assembly is not from, or of God, and they shall fail!
- Lord, we pray for Israel's victory in the public arena.
- We pray that you will give Israel an unassailable tongue to convict and show up the hypocrisy of the nations.
- Lord make the voice of Israel and the voice of the US a prophetic, sane and true voice
- Lord let Israel's and the US' voice be as a beacon of sanity and light calling the nations to turn from their madness
- Father bring the light of truth in the public arena, as a call to turn to Him, or at least as a witness to the nations.
Israel's security needs
The verses quoted above are also for Israel's physical security. The nations around us have assembled against us, but it is not of the Lord, the BDS movement has "assembled" against us, but it is not of God. No military weapon, nor other kinds of weapons will succeed against Israel. Why? Because God is in the thing. God is in the restoration of His City, His people, and ultimately His kingdom.
Let us pray from these verses into the various issues an challenges facing Israel:
- Hamas in Gaza
- Hezbollah in Lebanon
- Iran in Syria
- BDS in the nations
Thanks for standing with us and for your faithfulness to the Lord and His Word.
Blessings from Jerusalem,