The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
The Body of Messiah in Israel
The Body of Messiah in the land is young relatively. There is something very refreshing about it on the one hand -- we are not bound by many traditions and ways and are free to be led of God in the development of the congregations. But on the other hand, we are also vulnerable spiritually.
This point is evident as we see the bewildering array of spiritual movements, streams, teachings, and whatnot that are buffeting the Body. Sometimes it seems we are living in the spiritual "wild west," or perhaps "wild east." It is actually very alarming.
The prophets of old thundered God's warnings and callings to the nation of Israel, Paul the apostle did the same for the Body. He minced no words and spared no person or movement in His jealousy for the Body in its beginnings. Thank God these things are in the word of God. Just read the following passages to get a sense of it.
2Tim 4:3-4 Refused to hear sound doctrines - therefore turned to fables
2Thes 2:10-12 Refused to love the truth - therefore God sent them strong delusions (although this is said about unbelievers, in principle this is true of believers too.)
Eph 4:14 Tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine by the trickery of men.
Eze. 14:3-4 (This is scary) God will answer people according to the multitude of their idols!
- We prayed for the good shepherds God promised who would feed the flock with sound doctrine. (Jer. 23:4)
- We prayed that these shepherds will be moved to preach by the Spirit of God and totally ignore peoples desire for entertainment. (2tim 4:3-4)
- We prayed that the Church would seek the fullness of the stature of Yeshua the Messiah and to know Him (Eph 4:13)
- We prayed for the Body to be not carried about with strange doctrines but to be established by grace in the knowledge of God (Heb 13:9)
- We prayed for the Body to have an eye only for Yeshua (2Cor 11:3)
- We prayed for the Body to reject anything that is a different gospel, a different Yeshua, and a different spirit. (see 2:cor 11:4)
- For cleansing Eze 36:25
- For a heart for God Eze 36:26
- For the filling of the Holy Spirit Eze 36:26
- For a revelation of Yeshua crucified Zech 12:10 (not every believer has that revelation)
- For a spirit of repentance Zech 12:10
Praying for Israel
When you pray for Israel's salvation, who are you praying for? The secular, the normal, the mildly religious? Perhaps you only have a vague notion that you are praying for "the Jewish people"?
We were moved to pray for some of the extremes of Israel's society in the matter of salvation. There are the super-orthodox who oppose just about everything, use political power to coerce the nation to obey its traditions, and who vehemently oppose the believers in Yeshua. We also have the most active and outspoken gay community. These are just two extremes.
We were challenged by the Lord to include them all, in verse Rom. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, "There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob."
He will deliver, He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob. The secret is in the "HE will!"
We concentrated our prayers for the salvation of those mentioned above for all Israel on two phrases which the Lord made very real to us:
- He will pour upon Israel the Spirit of Grace and Supplication - (Zech 12:10) This grace of the cross will break the hardest of hearts in Israel (may he thus break mine every day)
- They shall SEE ME! (Zec 12:10) I wonder if we get it: they shall SEE ME! Ponder this for a moment and let it sink in. This is entirely the work of God, coming from heaven in great mercies and revelation to His people.
- Is. 9:2 The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone.
- Ezek. 39:25 “Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob and have mercy on the whole house of Israel, and I will be jealous for my holy name.
Two rockets fell into the sea of Galilee yesterday. They were launched by ISIS in Syria. Israel shot down a Syrian warplane a day before. Hamas continues to send incendiary kites and balloons and shoot rockets into Israel. There is now a very high probability that Israel will go into the Gaza strip.
We stood on the Word of God and the promises of God, which all point to His intervention on behalf of Israel, those were the points we prayed into, as we are sure they include all of what Israel needs: Wisdom, strategy, ability, weaponry.
- Joel 3:16 The LORD roars from Zion, and utters his voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earthquake. But the LORD is a refuge to his people, a stronghold to the people of Israel.
- Psa. 102:13 You will arise and have pity on Zion; it is the time to favor her; the appointed time has come. Lord favor Israel militarily, favor Israel politically amongst the nations, favor Israel by intervening on her behalf.
- Zech. 12:3 On that day I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it.
- Zech. 12:4 On that day, declares the LORD, I will strike every horse with panic, and its rider with madness. But for the sake of the house of Judah, I will keep my eyes open, when I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness.
- Zech. 12:9 And on that day I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Thank you for standing together in the Word for the whole counsel of God to come to fullness.
Blessings from Jerusalem,