The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Did you know that most if not all bookshops in Israel carry the Quran, but very few if any carry the New Testament? This is according to Dr. Rubik Rosenthal, who writes a popular blog on the Hebrew Language. (1) If you want a New Testament, he says, you will have to go to a small (Christian/Messianic) bookstore whose principal business is to evangelize.
I share this because I would like to ask for prayer for our congregation and its legal cover, our non-profit organization. We got a bizarre letter asking us to clarify the fact that both my wife and I work for the organization (????). And there is another matter of getting an exemption from property tax as a 'religious organization.'
I will write more about these things in the future. But for now, can you pray with us for the Lord to clear the way, for us to proceed with our work? Our congregation is deepening its roots in Yeshua, growing slowly to be trees of righteousness, learning to walk before Him as our forefathers did. In short, we are growing in the right way --- down.
Here are the scriptures we used yesterday to pray for the situation:
Is. 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough places smooth; Is. 40:5 The glory of the LORD shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.”
Zech. 4:6 So he answered and said to me: “This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ Says the LORD of hosts.
Zech. 4:7 “Who are you, O great mountain? Before Zerubbabel, you shall become a plain! (in the Hebrew its simply: Become a plane! its a command) And he shall bring forth the capstone With shouts of ‘Grace, grace to it!” ’ ”
- Please pray with us for the Lord to flatten all opposition to His Glory and to His Grace and that He will go before us, and behind us, as we move forward in the things of God.
Praying for Israel from Isaiah 51
Is. 51:1 “Listen to Me, you who follow after righteousness, You who seek the LORD: Look to the rock from which you were hewn, And to the hole of the pit from which you were dug.
Is. 51:2 Look to Abraham your father, And to Sarah who bore you; For I called him alone, And blessed him and increased him.”
Is. 51:3 For the LORD will comfort Zion, He will comfort all her waste places; He will make her wilderness like Eden, And her desert like the garden of the LORD; Joy and gladness will be found in it, Thanksgiving and the voice of melody.
To whom is God addressing these verses? To the remnant, To those who are seeking Him and are pursuing His way - righteousness.
What are they encouraged to do? - To believe! Not to get discouraged
How are they to be encouraged? - By looking at Israel's beginnings when God called an old man and his barren old wife and made a nation out of them.
What are they to believe? - That God will make Zion an Eden! That God will comfort Zion by turning her waste places the Garden of the Lord
Although you can apply this to the physical restoration of Israel, I believe the first application is spiritual, because the Lord is speaking here of the Garden of the Lord! Where He walks with man.
Can you believe that God will take any 'wilderness and devastation" in your own life and make it a garden? Can you pray this way?
Can you believe for Israel, that although all around us we see a spiritual wilderness, and worse, God has promised to make it a Garden of the Lord? Can you see Israel flourishing spiritually?
- We cried to God in the words of Isaiah's own intercession: Awake awake O arm of the Lord ( Isaiah 51:9-10)
- We prayed for the great Arm of God (the Messiah) to be revealed in great saving power
- We prayed for the spiritual 'rains' that this spiritual wilderness so needs
- We prayed for the mighty revelation of the Son of God in the Land to turn Israel to Himself.
- We prayed for the mighty work of God through the cross to break the blinding of our people to Yeshua
- We prayed for the opening of rivers in desolate heights, fountains in the midst of the valleys (Isaiah 41:18)
- We prayed for God to make Israel a spiritual Eden where His presence will be in the midst of His people
Praying for Israel's restoration as a blessing to the nations
Is. 51:4 “Listen to Me, My people; And give ear to Me, O My nation: For the law will proceed from Me, And I will make My justice rest As a light of the peoples.
Is. 51:5 My righteousness is near, My salvation has gone forth, And My arms will judge the peoples; The coastlands will wait upon Me, And on My arm, they will trust.
- We prayed for Zion as God's pulpit to the nations (Isaiah 2:3)
- We prayed for Zion's salvation to be a light to the nations (Isaiah 61:1-2)
- We prayed for Zion to be God's courthouse (Isaiah 2:4) He is the Justice of the Peace
- We Prayed for Zion to be a city set on a hill - the Light of the gospel coming out again to the nations
- We prayed for God's saving arm to be revealed in the earth in the midst of the present madness and instability.
We prayed for the remnant - the Body of Messiah (and the remnant in the Church) See Isaiah 51:1, 7, 12-13
- Lord encourage the remnant and renew Faith and Vision in their hearts
- Lord purify your remnant
- Lord Sanctify your remnant
- Lord infuse your remnant with zeal for you
- Lord help us to be unashamed of the Gospel
- Lord remove the fear we have to live all out for you and with you
- Lord remove all compromise from our hearts
- Lord fill us with a true spirit of repentance (Zech 12:10)
- Lord help us to lose our shame of humbling ourselves before you and each other
- Lord make us fearless to believe, to live the gospel out and to proclaim it
We prayed for God's protection of the land and its people Isaiah 51:22-23
- We prayed for the Lord to arise in and reveal His arm to the nations as Israel's protector
- We prayed into these verses in light of Zech 12:2-3 You will see that it is the actions and decisions of the nations that causes them to take the cup of poison from the hand of the Lord and drink it. The influence on them is ominous they are struck with madness!
- We prayed into the situation in especially Gaza and Syria in light of the dangerous situation there and God's word.
This has been a longer blog, but we trust it will serve as an aid to your own development as an intercessor and a follower of our King and Savior - Yeshua
Blessings from Jerusalem,