These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
President Trump is set to declare tonight that the United States recognizes Jerusalem to be Israel’s capitol. No doubt the newspaper people and the bloggers are going to be busy opining, interpreting, explaining.
But our job is to pray and therefore we will confine ourselves to the Word of God regarding Jerusalem.
Though better late than never, the US and the rest of the nations are a little late, God has chosen the city thousands of years ago.
- It is the City of His Son and His King: Psalm 2
- It is the City of His dwelling place: Psalm 132:13
- It is the City of Judgment: Isaiah 2:4
- It is the City of peace: Isaiah 2:4
- It is the City of the issuing Word: Isaiah 2:3
- It is the City of the Light of Salvation for the whole world (future and past) Isaiah 62:1-2
- It is the City of the gathering of God’s people, Israel: Zechariah 12:6
- It is the City of the revelation of Yeshua the crucified King to His people: Zechariah 12:10
- It is the City of the confrontation between God and the nations: Zechariah 12:2-4
- It is the City of His return: Zechariah 14:4
- It is the City of the issuing healing stream for the nations: Ezekiel 47:12, Revelation 22:1-2
Finally, we will quote from Joel 3 as it encapsulates the whole thing.
Joel 3:14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the LORD is near in the valley of decision.
Joel 3:15 The sun and moon will grow dark, And the stars will diminish their brightness.
Joel 3:16 The LORD also will roar from Zion, And utter His voice from Jerusalem; The heavens and earth will shake; But the LORD will be a shelter for His people, And the strength of the children of Israel.
Joel 3:17 “So you shall know that I am the LORD your God, Dwelling in Zion My holy mountain.Then Jerusalem shall be holy, And no aliens shall ever pass through her again.”
Joel 3:18 And it will come to pass in that day That the mountains shall drip with new wine, The hills shall flow with milk, And all the brooks of Judah shall be flooded with water; A fountain shall flow from the house of the LORD And water the Valley of Acacias.
Joel 3:19 “Egypt shall be a desolation, And Edom a desolate wilderness, Because of violence against the people of Judah, For they have shed innocent blood in their land.
Joel 3:20 But Judah shall abide forever, And Jerusalem from generation to generation.
Joel 3:21 For I will acquit them of the guilt of bloodshed, whom I had not acquitted; For the LORD dwells in Zion.”
No city has ever stirred more emotion and controversy and passions than Jerusalem. Why is that? Because Jerusalem is the city through which God is carrying out His plan and purposes on the earth. If God limited Himself to only a spiritual kingdom, perhaps the nations would have no problem with His plan, but He is coming to rule the earth, and for this, they are not willing.
As you look at each of these scriptures, you will find a wealth of prayer points to pray into. And when you pray the Word of God, you will be praying in the will of God, and therefore you will be assured that He will answer those prayers; the faster He does, the less suffering for the world. Let us pray earnestly.
You may want to add a prayer regarding the issue of violence that will no doubt erupt, following this declaration. In fact, the Palestinian Street has already begun to mobilize and call for violence.
- Pray with us that the Lord will suppress this violence
- Pray that lives might not be lost
- Pray that any terror plan will fail
- Pray that any plot to carry out an attack will be found out and stopped
The Threat of Eminent War
“Israel’s ambassador to the United States, Ron Dermer, said Monday that his country is closer to a full-blown military conflict along its northern border than people think.”
For full article see here: https://www.timesofisrael.com/war-with-irans-proxies-could-be-weeks-away-israels-us-envoy-warns/
How many more wars will this country have to go through? The enemy has been relentless for decades. There is no respite for the Jews; the pogroms before WWII, the Holocaust, and then right on the heels of it, Israel’s war of independence and since then war after war after war.
This time around it's Iran, and I have no doubt in my mind that it is being controlled by the same Prince of Persia who wrestled with Michael and Gabriel when Gabriel was on His way with an answer to Daniel’s prayers. Iran up to now has worked through her proxies; Hezbollah, and Hamas. Now she is in Syria ever edging towards the borders of Israel. Iran is hell-bent to destroy Israel; such a depth of hatred is hard to conceive and believe. Why such hate? It is for the same reason Jerusalem is so controversial, Israel is the tool in God’s hand to bring about the promised fulfillment of His plans and purpose on the earth.
How should we pray?
Perhaps we should pray as Daniel did for the restoration of Israel. That prayer unleashed such war in the heavenly realm, that is hard to imagine. We must be relentless in our praying for Israel's restoration, both spiritual and physical. It is interesting to note that from chapter 9 on, God reveals to Daniel the coming of Messiah and the end of days! This book is totally current, and when you pray from it, you are praying into the end times.
- Pray for Israel from Daniel 9: 3-19
- Pray for Jerusalem as Daniel did Daniel 6:10 (No doubt He prayed for the restoration of Jerusalem and the nation to the land and for the plan of God to be fulfilled.)
- Pray with us from Zechariah 12:9
- Pray for our leadership from Zechariah 12:6
- Pray Zechariah 12:4 as it pertains to Iran, Hezbollah and Hamas
- Pray Zechariah 12:3 for Jerusalem as it symbolizes the whole of the land and its people.
And of course, pray with us that the end result of God’s dealings with those nations will be that they bow to the name that is above all names!
Psa. 83:16 Fill their faces with shame, That they may seek Your name, O LORD.
Psa. 83:17 Let them be confounded and dismayed forever; Yes, let them be put to shame and perish,
Psa. 83:18 That they may know that You, whose name alone is the LORD, Are the Most High over all the earth.