The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
a. The repentance of Israel and her return to the Savior.
b. The fulfillment of Israel's destiny among the nations, and
c. The fullness of Israel's purpose in union with God
The verses we based our prayers on:
Psa. 80:14 Return, we beseech You, O God of hosts; Look down from heaven and see, And visit this vine
Psa. 80:7 Turn us again, O God of hosts, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved
Lam. 5:21 Turn thou us unto thee, O LORD, and we shall be turned;
Is. 62:1 For Zion’s sake I will not keep silent, and for Jerusalem’s sake I will not be quiet, until her righteousness goes forth as brightness, and her salvation as a burning torch. Is. 62:2 The nations shall see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory, and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will give. Is. 62:3 You shall be a crown of beauty in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of your God.
Isa. 62:4 You shall no more be termed Forsaken, and your land shall no more be termed Desolate, but you shall be called My Delight Is in Her, and your land Married; for the LORD delights in you, and your land shall be married.
Is. 62:5 For as a young man marries a young woman, so shall your sons marry you, and as the bridegroom rejoices over the bride, so shall your God rejoice over you.
Praying through a
- Lord unless you return to us, unless you turn your face to shine upon us, we cannot return to you. (Psalm 80:14)
- Cause your face to shine upon us, that is - pour out your grace upon Israel and turn us to yourself.
- Lord we have followed the teachings of man and the ways of man and the religion made up by man, and repudiated you, as a nation. Turn us to you, reveal the face of your Son (Zechariah 12:10) and we shall be turned.
- Lord you are the author of the broken heart, the soft heart, the repentant heart, Create in us a clean heart (Psalm 51:10)
- Lord, you promised to give Israel a heart of flesh (as opposed to a heart of stone), Lord our hearts are stone! Give us this heart of flesh, we pray. (Ezekiel 36:26)
- Father, we as a nation repudiated and rejected your Son, and it is only in your Son that the veil will be removed (2Cor. 3:16), bring us there dear God, bring us to the foot of the cross.
- Father as some of your people approach the Day of Atonement with great dread and fear, reveal Yeshua to them, show your atonement in Messiah, open their eyes to see that fountain for cleansing from sin (Zech 13:1)
- Lord, let the grace you have promised, the mercies from above come upon us O Lord, for your glory and for your namesake.
Praying through b
- Lord fulfill Israel's destiny to be a blessing in the earth once again, through her salvation.
- Lord the nations need to see the Light of Messiah; the nations are under great darkness. The earth has become a land under the shadow of death (Isa 9:2) -- Let Messiah shine in the earth again in a great display of salvation and grace.
- Lord, make Jerusalem a City set on a Hill - and let your glory shine from her to the nations (Isaiah 62:1-2)
- As Jerusalem has always been a blessing to the nations - for out of her the Word has come, out of her the Gospel has come, in her the Son of God wrought salvation - so let your light shine from this land again.
- You declared the nations will see Israel's salvation, as a great light. You declared, in Ezekiel, that the nations will know that you are the LORD through the restoration of your people to yourself (Ezek. 36:23). Do this very thing, dear Lord, for your name sake.
- Show again, your great power of salvation to the nations of the earth, by what you do here in the land.
- Lord the nations worship power, the power to force, to coerce, to overcome other nations. They do not know your power to save, demonstrate it again dear Lord, so the nations may recognize your greatness.
- Redeem the remnant among the nations dear Lord.
Praying through c
- Lord, you are the ultimate prize and inheritance. It is you we want above all things.
- You have declared your ultimate purpose -- to dwell amongst your people forever (Ezekiel 37:26-27; Rev. 21:2-3)
- You have spoken in terms of a bridegroom marrying and rejoicing in His bride, both regarding Israel and the faithful in the Body of Christ. Fulfill these words we pray.
- Lord, let thy Kingdom Come and your will be done in us, in Israel, in the Your Body in the earth.
- We pray for the fullness of your purpose for your people, Israel and Your Body in the earth.
- We pray you will come to us in this way and we pray that you will draw us to you in this way. Let us be satisfied with nothing less than your fullness in us. You are our hope of Glory dear Lord it is you we want.
- We cry for the fullness of your heart and purpose to be accomplished in your nation and in your people.
Finally, we prayed for Israel's safety and protection, especially during our high holidays. Our enemies love nothing less than to hit us when we celebrate the feasts.
- See Psalm 121
- See Psalm 125:2
We also prayed for the political situation in the land.
We may be nearing an election, and the political situation is chaotic and disturbing. Israel needs good leadership with integrity and vision to lead the nation as a whole. There is much bickering, salesmanship to garner votes, etc....
- See Zech. 12:6, 8
Thank you for standing together with us before the Lord for His eternal and wonderful promises and plans. He will not fail.
Blessings from Jerusalem,