Picture is from Ynet.co.il
After four days since the beginning of Operation Cloud of Defense, there is a lull in the fighting. Israel has made it clear it will launch a ground operation if the Hamas continues to fire rockets at Israeli cities, targeting innocent civilians.
Egypt and Turkey although thoroughly anti Israel, are discussing with both sides cease-fire options.
From January to November Hamas has been shooting rockets at Israeli cities with intent to kill and injure as many civilians as possible, including woman, children and babies. Eight hundred fifty-eight rockets were shot in those 11 months. In the last four days, an additional 700 rockets have been fired from Gaza.
Clearly these are heinous crimes against humanity perpetrated by an absurdly hate-possessed evil movement that will stop at nothing to destroy the Jewish nation.
To read more about the moral aspect of the conflict:
- Morality and warfare in Gaza
- Israel's right to self-defense against Hamas
- Between a rock and a hard place – Melanie Phillips
Arab nations are thoroughly one-sided - condemn Israel for defending itself
Egypt: has unashamedly come out on the side of Hamas, “Egypt will spare no effort ... to stop the aggression and to achieve a truce," Kandil said during a visit to a Gaza hospital.”
“Egypt President Mohammed Morsi on Friday called Israel’s attacks on Gaza “a blatant attack on humanity,” according to Egyptian news agency MENA.
Iran: "Putting an end to the Zionist regime's crimes is only possible through a united, revolutionary retaliation by the Muslim world," Israel is "massacring the oppressed Palestinian people, including women and children" and its strikes amount to a "clear example of war crimes," the defense minister charged. (This is total hypocrisy because Iran is the animating power behind Hamas and Hezbollah – who are being used as surrogates by Iran.)
Turkey: Erdogan fiercely slammed Israel over Operation Pillar of Defense. Speaking at the Cairo University he said that Israel "was turning the region into a blood swamp." He further added, "Every drop of Palestinian blood is pouring from the veins of all Muslims and every tear dropping from their eyes is our tear too."
Clearly Israel cannot hope for fairness in this matter and must resolutely defend itself.
Praying into the situation
We turn to the Lord and to His Word for direction and for inspiration to pray for the current crisis.
If you read the following passages of scripture, you will notice that Israel’s restoration includes the following ingredients:
- God restores the Jewish people to the Land
- God reveals His Son Yeshua to His people
- God withstands and punishes Israel’s enemies
- God’s amazing compassion and love and blessing are poured out in His covenant faithfulness, upon His people.
- Jeremiah 30:2-3 God restores the Jewish people to the Land to inherit it.
- Jeremiah 30:7-9 Israel serves her king David (Yeshua). This passage clearly shows that this prophecy belongs in the end times when the Lord restores Israel to Himself.
- Jeremiah 30:10-11 , 23-25 (25 is verse one in chapter 31 in the English Bible) God deals with the nations, in the last days.
- Jeremiah 31:1-13 God’s grace, blessings and love are poured out in restoration mercies upon Israel. Read the rest of the chapter for more context.
Praying for Israel at this time
Pray for the people of Israel:
- Pray into the scriptures given above – along the four points given.
- Pray for vision to be given the people to make them resilient, especially for those suffering most from the rocket attacks.
- Pray for courage to be given by the Lord to the mothers, the elderly and the children.
- Pray for safety for all those millions of civilians who are under threat.
Pray for the Government of Israel:
- Pray for wisdom to be given to the government, who is no doubt under pressure from the nations to cease its operations. (see Zech. 12:5-6)
- Pray for courage and a stout heart for the leaders as they weigh sending its soldiers into harms way.
- Pray for inspiration in planning.
- Pray for Wisdom, resourcefulness, blessing and good intelligence
- Pray for inspiration upon the commanders and soldiers. (See Zechariah 12:3-7)
- Pray for God’s protection and for wisdom to carry out this operation with the minimal hurt to both, the Israeli soldiers and the Palestinian population.
Pray for the Body of Messiah in the Land
- Pray for the Body of Messiah to stand in the gap and to take up its place as a priestly nation.
- Pray for clarity and understanding in the Body, to be based on the Word of God and His will for the days we live in.
God bless you as you stand before the Lord for His purposes to be fulfilled in the Earth. May His Kingdom come and His will be done, on earth as it is done in heaven.
Blessings from Israel
Israel Prayer Center