These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Is. 60:1 Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
Is. 60:2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the LORD will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you.
Is. 60:3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising.
Is. 60:4 “Lift up your eyes all around, and see: They all gather together, they come to you; Your sons shall come from afar, And your daughters shall be nursed at your side.
Is. 60:5 Then you shall see and become radiant, And your heart shall swell with joy;
We prayed for Israel's restoration and salvation from these scriptures
- We prayed for Him who is The Light - Yeshua - to shine His face in the Land. John 8:12, John 9:5
- We prayed for the Light of God - Yeshua - to break through the darkness of Religion which has bound our people for so long.
- We prayed for the Light of God - Yeshua- to shine His light and grace in the places of poverty and sin and bondage
- We prayed for the Light of God - Yeshua - to shine His light in the highest places of academia (no less dark, even with all their knowledge).
- We prayed for the breaking of the anti-Messiah darkness which has gripped our nation for two millennia.
- We prayed for the Lamb of God to arise as the morning star
- We prayed for the removal of the veil which has kept our people in darkness.
Israel’s restoration is key to bringing Light to the nations
Israel’s restoration is a great blessing to the nations. Her rising among the nations and her salvation, turns the Light on again, in the earth; the knowledge of salvation goes out of Zion once again. The nations come to her Light (her King and Messiah) see Isaiah 60:3 What a Hope we have in Yeshua!
Just think of how much blessing Israel has been to the world, the first time around. Romans 9:4 enumerates what Israel has meant and will mean again to the world (the Adoption = fullness of Sonship). It all comes to a climax in Romans 11.
(If the Church is ever to pray into this, it must first understand it, and then believe it.)
- We prayed along these lines for the nations
- We prayed for the light of this to once again flood the Church
The gathering of the Jews from the nations and the comforting of Israel
Isaiah 60:4 speaks of the return of Israel’s sons and daughters from afar. It is no secret that there is a large number of Israelis who have left the land to seek a better life elsewhere. They have found that living in the land is too difficult, too hard; this is a grief to Israel. Too many of Israel’s sons and daughters have been lost, whether in the Holocaust or her wars, or in this way. The rising of the Light of God in the Land changes all that! And they return, reconciled to her and their God through Messiah. Israel is comforted. Isaiah 60:5
- We prayed for the Light to dawn on Israel’s sons and daughter in faraway lands.
- We prayed for faith and vision to arise in the hearts of the Jews who are dispersed in the nations, instead of fear.
- We prayed from Isaiah 29:22-23
- We prayed from Isaiah 62:62:4-5 (….so shall your sons marry you….[speaking of the Land!]
Lastly, we prayed from the following verses. (I couldn’t help quoting them in full as they are so exceedingly sweet.)
Is. 49:21 Then you will say in your heart, “Who has begotten these for me, Since I have lost my children and am desolate, A captive, and wandering to and fro? And who has brought these up? There I was, left alone; But these, where were they?’ ”
Is. 49:22 Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I will lift My hand in an oath to the nations, And set up My standard for the peoples; They shall bring your sons in their arms, And your daughters shall be carried on their shoulders;
Security and protection of Israel - God’s intervention
We were led to continuing with this theme of light vs. darkness. (not conscious of the fact that it is nearly Hanukkah!)
Ex. 14:19 And the Angel of God, who went before the camp of Israel, moved and went behind them; and the pillar of cloud went from before them and stood behind them.
Ex. 14:20 So it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel. Thus it was a cloud and darkness to the one, and it gave light by night to the other, so that the one did not come near the other all that night.
Just as at the time of our redemption from Egypt, so today, the enemy is pursuing us to destroy us. At that time God came between our enemies and us, and what was to us Light, seemed as darkness to the other; so shall it be today as well, if we pray.
- We prayed for God to come between our enemies and us
- We prayed for the Lord to intervene on our behalf
- We prayed God would throw the enemy’s “wisdom” into confusion as long as they come against His plan and purpose of restoring the Jews to the only haven they have in the world.
We prayed for our government
- We prayed for God’s light=truth to shine into the government and parliament
- We prayed for the Lord to sweep away the corruption and the pollution in the “house.”
- We prayed for renewed vision to overcome self-ambition
- We prayed for God to install those who would be good shepherds who would care for God’s people.
We prayed for the Body of Messiah
- We prayed for a real and deep cleansing of God’s house
- We prayed for much light to fill the Body of Messiah
- We prayed for the Word to rise in the midst of the Body, to expose darkness and deception on the one hand and to bring faith, hope, and grace on the other.
We long to have another Hanukkah in the Land, for the forces of Light and Truth to defeat the forces of Darkness. We long for the salvation or our people, for the cleansing of our land from corruption, for the restoration of the presence of God to the nation.
May this year be a year of a re-dedication of the House of God, a year of real revival, a year that will see the Son arise with healing in His wings, in the land and His Body.