The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Ezekiel 36 is comprised of two words from the Lord. One, from vs. 1 to 15, is addressed to the land, the second one, from vs. 16 to 38 is directed to the people of Israel.
In the first part what comes to view is the humiliation and shame the land had borne when Israel's enemies overran it and desolated it. The second part deals with the shame and embarrassment brought to God's name when Israel rebelled against Him as it turned to idols in the worst possible manner. The consequent destruction and exile of the people furthered the disgrace and shame of God's name. (Ezekiel 36:20)
In the first part the enemy comes against God's land, but in the second part, God's people have gone against God Himself, which seems worse and much more grave than the first.
God's remedy for both catastrophes is one: grace and mercy! Reclaiming the land from the enemy and blessing it, and reclaiming his own people and giving them a faithful heart -- such as they could not seem to have before on their own; a loyal heart to love Him and serve Him in singleness of mind -- this time forever!
The Revival of God's People Ezekiel 36:16-38
God's remedy for Israel's unfaithfulness to Him, is to give them a new heart, a new spirit and to make them His own people. The heart He will give will be a New Covenant heart. Washed in the Blood of Messiah, circumcised and knowing the depth of His forgiveness at the cross, broken by His unfathomable goodness -- Israel will finally come into a permanent condition of being His forever. Only He can supply the New Heart, the Washed-in-the-blood new heart...
- We prayed for the great outpouring of the Spirit of Repentance upon our nation
- We prayed for the great revelation of the crucified one (Zech 12:10)
- We prayed for the opening of that fountain for cleansing (Zech 13:1)
- We prayed for the Old Heart, the Stony heart to be removed
- We prayed for the New Heart, the heart of flesh to be given
- We prayed for the cleansing of Israel in the blood of the Messiah (Zech 13:1),
- We prayed for the great sanctification of God's name in His people
- We prayed for the justification of God's name in the earth
- We prayed for the demonstration of the power of God in pouring out His mercies and graces to bring Israel to the place of utter surrender to Messiah
- We prayed for the Spirit of God to break the wall of partition between God and His people Israel
- We prayed for a hurricane of grace to destroy the walls of partition between God and His people.
- We prayed God would bring Israel "home" -- to Himself.
The revival of God's Land Ezekiel 36:16-38
It is utterly astounding to find that the words of the enemies of Israel, uttered so long ago, describe precisely the attitude of her enemies today:
Ezek. 35:10 “Because you have said, ‘These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess them,’ although the LORD was there, (Two nations = Judah and Israel).
Ezek. 35:12 I have heard all your blasphemies which you have spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, “They are desolate; they are given to us to consume.’
Ezek. 36:2 Thus says the Lord GOD: “Because the enemy has said of you, ‘Aha! The ancient heights have become our possession,’ ” ’
Do not these verses describe what Israel's enemies say and want? Do not these words express the enemy's utter hatred of all things God; all things that pertain to His eternal plan of redemption?
What is God's answer? Blessing, fruitfulness, grace, multiplication, an abundance of goodness, blessing of the land, blessing of the people, blessing of their work... All in the face of Israel's enemies. (See end of the chapter: Ezekiel 36:35-36). O the goodness of the Lord is by far, the greater-than-the-enemy's power. Life overcoming death, His faithfulness and love overcoming their hatred. Yes, His holiness and grace flowing from Calvary greater than our nation's sins! Multiplied sins, yet an even greater grace and mercy that will bring an utter change!
- We prayed much into the current and deep threat from Iran, Hezbollah, Hamas
- We prayed for God's goodness to be poured unto the land and prosper it
- We prayed for God's divine protection over the land and its people
- We prayed for the undoing of the enemy's plans, means, and ways
- We prayed for Israel's utter readiness
- We prayed for God to give Israel wisdom and insight so that it might outdo the enemy's dark and evil wisdom
- We prayed into Zech 12:9 where God Himself promises to withstand Israel's enemies
- We prayed for the Lord to come into the field as once David did when Goliath defied the armies of the living God
- We prayed for Israel to be given a unique strategy to overcome what has bedeviled the whole western world, i.e., the enemies' use of civilian centers such as hospitals and schools to hide rockets and to fight from.
The revival of the God's Body
Praying for the restoration of Israel spiritually, we could not help but pray for the Body of Messiah in the Land and in the world, along similar lines.
O That we might be brought face to face with the crucified Messiah, that we might experience a true revival, sent down from above.
We shared the following excerpts on prayer. May they be a blessing to you as well. One can easily pray for oneself along the same lines.
(Excerpts from Torrey, R. A.. The Power of Prayer and the Prayer of Power, Kindle Edition.)
"Prayer will bring blessing, definite and rich and immeasurable blessing, to the church; praying will do more to make the Church what it ought to be than anything else we can do. Prayer will do more to root out heresy than all the heresy trials ever held. Prayer will do more to straighten out tangles and misunderstandings and unhappy complications in the life of a church than all the councils and conferences ever held. Prayer will do more to bring a deep and lasting and sweeping revival, a revival that is real and lasting and altogether of the right sort, than all the organizations ever devised by man.
"Time and time again the church has seemed to be on the verge of utter shipwreck, but just then God has sent a great revival and saved it. And if you will study the history of revivals you will find that every real revival in the church has been the result of prayer. There have been revivals without much preaching; there have been revivals with absolutely no organization, but there has never been a mighty revival without mighty praying.
"It is true that we have a terrific fight on our hands, that “our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” (Eph. 6:12), but we can win this fight by prayer; for prayer brings God on the field and the devil is no match for Him."
O' how we need to pray!!
Let us cry to the Lord dear friends, for ourselves, for our congregations, for the body in our lands (wherever we may be living).
- Send revival dear Lord
- Renew our sight of you
- Sweep clean your Body
- Send the fire from above, to burn the chaff
- Send a fire from above to ignite our hearts
- Purify our love for you
- Purify our love for each other
- Until you see only a reflection of yourself in us dear Lord
May the Lord pour out upon you afresh His Holy Spirit, may your heart be re-ignited from above with that Holy fire of His Love, and love for Him!
Thanks for praying with us,