These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
We read the following verses and then asked a few questions before praying:
Phil. 3:4 although I myself might have confidence even in the flesh. If anyone else has a mind to put confidence in the flesh, I far more:
Phil. 3:5 circumcised the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a Pharisee;
Phil. 3:6 as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as to the righteousness which is in the Law, found blameless.
Phil. 3:7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ.
Phil. 3:8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ,
Phil. 3:9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith,
Phil. 3:10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;
Matt. 8:22 But Jesus said to him, “ Follow Me and allow the dead to bury their dead.”
Is Paul saying that one can stand before the Lord confident in one's flesh?
Is Paul saying that real righteousness can be achieved through the Law?
Is Paul claiming to have done anything heroic by counting all these things loss to gain Messiah?
Of course not! There is no such thing as real righteousness gained through the Law! There is no such thing as real confidence, one that would be sufficient to stand before God, in the flesh!
Paul is not claiming in these verses, to be heroic in giving up his own self righteousness or sense of accomplishment to gain Messiah. No! Only that all these things are in reality, garbage and worse. He may have clung to them as great assets before he met the Lord, but one look at the savior was enough to see his real condition, that is what we need, this is what our nation needs!
There is only one way, there is only one gate to Life, to the Father and that is Yeshua! Oh, how blind our people are!
The Great Need for Deep Conviction of Need for Yeshua
Oh, how dead in sin are our people!
This need greatly pressed upon as we began to pray for a deep conviction to be poured out upon the religious, the orthodox, the secular and every part of our society.
Oh, how great is our need for the revelation of Yeshua the Messiah; how great is our need for the Blood of the Lamb!
- We prayed for the promised outpouring of the Spirit of Grace and Supplication (which means that God will reveal to our people their need for His Grace, and that the same Spirit that will cause them to cry out to Him in their need!)
- We took time to thank God for opening our eyes to our need of Messiah
- We thanked God for the Blood of the Lamb
- We acknowledged the Mercy God has done to us, "it was your work; nothing to do with us!"
- We asked God to give us a deep burden for our lost people! (We are all apt not to realize that the people we bump into every day are dead in sin to God!)
- We claimed such promises as in Jeremiah 31:34 "....for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more...." There is no knowledge or fellowship with God aside from experiencing this deep work of God!
Now as we prayed this way for quite a while, people in the group began to cry out to God for this same work in their lives!
- People were moved to pray to know God in a deeper way
- To be revived in their felt need for the blood of the Lamb
- To receive a revelation of the cross and the crucified Messiah. (So many believers today have come to salvation with a very shallow experience and revelation of these things.)
- Some prayed for the Lord to remove the distractions from their hearts
- Some cried out for the Lord to have Mercy on them.
- People prayed for that same conviction we were praying for, to fall upon them as well.
- Some prayed for forgiveness not only for what they had done but for what they are! (Oh, to see our NEED...surely in this revelation, we shall see HIM -- the answer to all our need.)
- How sweet the fellowship with God is when one is undone - we prayed for this tenderness of heart to be given us.
As we prayed for ourselves, the Lord expanded our praying for the Body of Messiah in the Land.
- We prayed for true deep heart knowledge of the Lord crucified, to be given rather than head knowledge.
- We prayed against deception and seductions that come to us to draw us away from the simple (single-eyed) knowledge of God (see 2Cor 11:1-4)
- We prayed for hunger and thirst after righteousness to invade our hearts
- We prayed along the same line as we prayed for our nation and for ourselves
We were then moved to pray in this way for the Body of Christ in the nations...
Please stand with us and pray with us for that heaven sent conviction and confrontation with God at the cross.
May the Lord touch you in the same way till revival breaks forth in your heart and your fellowship and in the Body of Christ you are part of.
Blessings from Jerusalem,