These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
UN General Assembly vote on Jerusalem
"Why do the nations rage?" Psalm 2
"I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all the peoples; all that burden themselves with it shall be sore wounded (cut to pieces)" Zechariah 12:3
The US recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital has served to unmask the hypocrisy of the nations regarding Jerusalem. The Palestinians, it is now clear, have no intention of sharing any part of Jerusalem or the land of Israel with the Jews. The same is true of much of the Muslim nations as well as is quite clear from their declarations following Trump's recognition. It is quite clear that the western nations are playing a double-faced game; working for peace on the one hand but supporting the Muslim world's agenda on the other.
The reason for all of this enormous battle is clear; Jerusalem, as the scriptures declare clearly, will be the City of the Great King, from which He will rule the World on His return.
Psalm 2 and Zechariah 12 are more relevant and up to date than ever; while Psalm 2 describes the rebellion of the nations against God, Zechariah 12 describes the war of the nations against Israel. These, together form a complete and accurate picture of what is unfolding before our eyes.
How should we pray in such circumstances? We were led to
- a. Uphold the Lord's purposes for Jerusalem as regards His Son (Psalm 2:6),
- b. Pray for God's agenda for Israel in regards to the land and to Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:1-2) [Notice that in verse 1 the burden is for Israel, in verse 2 Jerusalem is the focus. This shows the connection of the city to the nation of Israel and the reason for the resistance of the nations to Israel regarding the city.]
- c. Pray for the US as it has taken the leading edge of the political battle.
- d. Pray for the nations and the vote about to be taken up in the UN. The nations may think they are deciding on the fate of Jerusalem, but in actuality, they are deciding the fate of their own nation! As Abraham prayed for Sodom in the midst the time of her judgment, so should we intercede for the nations today.
It is remarkable to note that Israel's salvation is described and declared in the same breath as God's declaration of His judgment of the nations. See for instance Zechariah 12:9-10,
Zechariah 12:9 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
Zech. 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplication; and they shall look unto 6me whom they have pierced; and they shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his first-born
In Psalm 2 it also appears. Verse 6 Yet I have set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion.
Yeshua died as king of the Jews, Yeshua, according to Gabriel's word to Mary, will come and sit on the throne of His father David, to rule over Jacob. Can there be anything more explicit?
- We prayed for the Lord to pour out the Spirit of Repentance (Zechariah 12:10) upon Israel [ They shall mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son"!]
- We prayed for the Revelation of the crucified Son of God to His people
- We prayed for the sword of the word to pierce the heart of our people
- We prayed into the words of the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31 "They shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest of them." (Jeremiah 31:34)
Body of Messiah and its leaders
We were inspired to pray in the same vein for the Body of Messiah.
- We prayed for a fresh revelation of the crucified One.
- We prayed for the same spirit of Repentance to fall upon the Body of Messiah.
- We prayed for deep conviction to invade our hearts and fellowships
- We prayed for a renewal of vision for the leaders.
- We prayed for the leaders to gain a sight of Yeshua
- We prayed for the leaders to be renewed in their zeal for the Word of God
- We prayed for the leaders to be encouraged, blessed and provided for
- We prayed for the leaders to have a renewed courage to preach the whole counsel of God.
- We prayed for the leaders to be renewed in their zeal to seek the face of God as their main occupation.
" Ask the LORD for rain" Zech 10:1
(from various articles in the Hebrew newspapers)
- This is the fifth year in a row that Israel is experiencing drought
- On average Israel has only had 12.5 days of rain in the rainy season
- We have a deficit of 2.5 billion cubic meters of water
- The whole Mediterranean basin is becoming dryer and hotter
- Israel is pumping out of the Sea of Galilee 17'000 tons of salt water to prevent the Sea from becoming too salty.
- Israel is planning to build another desalination plant in the northern part of the country to produce water for the Sea of Galilee.
- Pray with us for rain! Especially in the northern part of Israel.