The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
We were led to consider the 36th chapter of Ezekiel anew.
The chapter is divided into roughly three parts. Gods address to the land Ezekiel 36:1-15, God’s address to the people of Israel Ezekiel 36:16-32, and a summary of the work of God and its outcome Ezekiel 36:33-38.
In the first part, it is the land that bears the shame of desolation, and the infamy of the nations. In the second, it is God who bears the shame and infamy of the world.
The exile of the Jewish people and their dispersion among the nations are a great embarrassment to God. Can He not keep His people? How come His people turn away from Him if He is so wonderful and great?
The nations misinterpret the failure of Israel, as God’s inability, and they move to possess the land to call it their own.
In both parts, God’s jealousy is much aroused to vindicate His great name! (Ezekiel 36:6 — the land, Ezekiel 36:21 — the people.)
And how does He go about exalting His name in the earth? By blessing, by grace, by restoration, by sanctification, and by judgment. Mercy, grace, and blessing are poured out on God’s people, as He moves to show His great saving and sanctifying power, but judgment on the nations that gather to resist His work. Rather than be awed and struck with wonder at the great mercies and workings of His power to save, the nations take counsel together to destroy God’s people. It is clear that the nations are animated by the prince of this world, who hates God, hates His grace, and therefore hates His people (both the Jewish people and the believing Church.)
We cannot share all that we shared at the meeting, but this is enough to give you an idea of how we were led to pray. We share only some of the prayers we prayed, in faith that those will inspire you to pray way beyond what is expressed. Let the Word of God as you read the chapter, be your inspiration.
We prayed for Israel’s redemption, for the Glory of God based on Ezekiel 36:16-32
- Lord you have borne shame long enough
- Forgive us for bringing shame on your name, even as believers in Messiah
- Glorify your name in us.
- Lord, let the great work of cleansing of our nation begin — pour out clean water upon us
- Lord, you are the one who is shamed when the nations degrade the Jews in their country
- Lord, we thank you for your sovereign grace in moving to save your people from their sins — we are dead in sin, we cannot save ourselves, it is totally your work of grace
- Lord, these verses, especially Ezekiel 36:24-29, express your desire, your passion, your nature, it is what you have wanted for two millennia, we cry to you to do it.
- Lord, when the nations see Yeshua exalted in your people, they will know that you are LORD, glorify your name, exalt the name of Yeshua in this land, save your people, sanctify your people.
We prayed for the land in light of the world’s hatred of Israel
- Lord this land is also a witness to your will, your nature, your power — bless it dear Lord for your name sake
- Lord, those around us (especially Hamas and Hezbollah and Iran) want to burn this land and destroy your people literally. Bless this land, make it fruitful Lord, defend and protect this land from its enemies.
- Lord, show your great power of blessing in the face of the hatred of your enemy who is “inspiring” these nations to come against your land….
- Lord, its a shame to your name if this land does not reflect your promises and your Word, make this land to perfectly conform to your Will and Word as expressed in your promises
- Lord, make your name excellent in all the earth (Psalm 8:1, 9)
- Lord equip and ready Israel’s Defense Force to be a strong wall and protection to this blessed land
- Be yourself a wall of fire around your land and its glory in the midst (Zech 2:5)
- Father, there are rumors of a wide-scale operation in Gaza, if it comes to that, we pray that you will give the IDF such wisdom and success that Hamas will be utterly defeated. This to free Israel from its threats and the people of Gaza from its evil rulers
- Lord, we pray for your providential intervention if Israel goes out to war in the coming weeks or months. Surely Hezbollah will join it, and we pray that you act according to your promises, even in this chapter (Ezekiel 36:7)
We prayed for the Body of Messiah that God would be glorified in it
- Lord, make the Body fruitful as much as you have promised to make the land fruitful
- Father, we ask for the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit in your Body
- Lord make your Body a sign to the nations, as it shines in its knowledge of God, in holiness, in the fullness of the stature of Messiah (Ephesians 4:13)
- Lord make the feeblest one of us as David (Zech 12:8)
- Lord give the Body eyes only for you and heart to worship you alone
- Be glorified in your Body, Lord, apply the New Covenant fully in our hearts
- Lord you have desired to dwell in Zion (Psalm 132:13-14) surely you desire to dwell in the midst of your people, not just buildings or even a city
- Lord, make your Body here in the land a representation of the Garden of Eden spiritually, where you dwell with your people, surely you mean to do this and not just to make the land as a garden of Eden (Ezekiel 36:35)
- Lord let your Word be heard in the land again, unadulterated, pure, powerful, exalting of Messiah, all in the pulpits of our congregations
- Lord make your Body, a kingdom of priests, those who can stand in intercession and prayer for the nation (Ezekiel 36:37-38), those who know your will and ask you to do it.
Abundant blessings to you,