The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
You will see that in these bulletins we go into detail to explain situations or bring various articles to your attention. We do all this because we believe it is in God’s heart to develop each one of you and us in God, both as believers and intercessors. To pray for Israel deeply, one has to understand Israel deeply, even if it means facing the unsavory sometimes. God bless each of you in your own walk with God.
Pressure - without and within
This was the overall theme which we were led to pray into. The pressure of anti-Semitism, the pressure of extremism within Israel, and the pressure of the nations and superpowers on the land of Israel.
The Pressure of anti-Semitism
“Israeli researchers reported Wednesday that violent attacks against Jews spiked significantly last year, with the largest reported number of Jews killed in anti-Semitic acts in decades, leading to an “increasing sense of emergency” among Jewish communities worldwide.” For article click here
The last few years have seen phenomenal growth in anti-Semitism worldwide. What was a trickle before has now become a stream, and we do not doubt will become a flood.
Attacks on Jews increased by 13% in the US and 16.5% in Canada (2000 incidences). In Europe, the rise is an astounding 70%. On October 27, 2018, 11 Jews were killed in Pittsburgh. On April 29 just a few days ago, 1 Jewish woman was killed in a shooting in a synagogue in California.
In some countries, such as Turkey, Poland, Ukraine and Venezuela, anti-Semitism is promoted by the government. The most dangerous trend is that anti-Semitism has now gone mainstream.
Anti-Semitism has been there all along before this eruption; it has lain dormant under the surface in all nations. We believe that anti-Semitism is one of the most destructive and dangerous demonic forces to come out of hell; mainly because it is a direct war against God’s own kingdom purpose and plan for and through Israel. Anti-Semitism is a hatred of God and the people of God, which means that it will lead to the persecution of the true church as well.
Among Jewish people in the US, there is an “increasing sense of emergency.”
Rather than pray directly against this great evil, we prayed for Aliya - the gathering of all the Jewish people to the land of Israel.
Is. 11:12 He will set up a banner for the nations, And will assemble the outcasts of Israel, And gather together the dispersed of Judah From the four corners of the earth. (See how the chapter is about the Messiah.) See Mat. 23:37 for the desire and passion of God Himself to bring His people back to the land and to Himself.
- Lord thank you for the awakened sense of emergency among the Jews in Europe and the USA
- We prayed much for a greater awakening among the Jewish people worldwide
- We prayed that entire communities of Jews would come to Israel en-mass
- We prayed that the Jews who live in the Diaspora will come home rather than barricade themselves in the nations where they live.
- We prayed for all the Israelis who have immigrated to other nations in hopes of finding a better life. (In light of what is happening that seems like a wrong choice.)
- We prayed for organizations such as Ebenezer, Nefesh b’Nefesh, etc. who are aiding Aliya
- We prayed for the Spirit of the Living God to move upon the Jewish people and impart to them a burning desire to come to the Land
Pressures of extremism within the land
Jerusalem’s destruction in 70 A.D. did not happen in Roman hands alone. Read history, and you will find that the zealots of those times were so violent against their own people, it staggers the mind.
"The second Jewish rebellion took place 60 years after the first and established an independent state lasting three years. For many Jews of the time, this turn of events was heralded as the long hoped for Messianic Age. The excitement was short-lived, however, and after a brief span of glory, the revolt was crushed by the Roman legions." (Read the whole article here)
That type of zealotry ended in an even greater bloodshed than that of 70 A.D.; to this day it is one of the greatest catastrophes in the history of the Jewish people.
Today we have some extremism of a similar kind in the land. It is quite disturbing, to say the least.
“US envoy slams rabbis for ‘vile’ diatribes supporting racism, Hitler’s worldview” Read about it here
[If you read the article, you will see that one rabbi refers to humanism and secularism as the real holocaust. What he is referring to is that secularism is the great holocaust of the Jewish people, and should be fought with zealous religious fervor.
What is the answer to this? Salvation in Messiah Yeshua!
Great darkness has fallen upon us ever since we rejected our King and Savior Yeshua. (Isaiah 9:2 - We have been left with great darkness and dwell in ‘the land of the shadow of death.”
We prayed much into the wonderful promises of God
- Ezekiel 36:25-29
- Jeremiah 3:14-19
- Jeremiah 31:31-34
- We prayed for balance in the government and for the Lord to overrule the will of man to bring about a government that will lead and care for the whole nation as one people.
The Pressures from without
Ever since Israel was a nation, it has found itself existing between superpowers. In antiquity it was Egypt and the Syrians, then the Assyrians, then the Babylonians, then the Persians, Greeks, Romans and so on.
Today Israel finds itself once again, living in a region that is of interest to all the superpowers: The US, Russia, and increasingly China. Each of these nations is pursuing its own interests in the Middle East, and more often than not, those interests are contradictory to what is right for Israel.
We cannot take it for granted that the US will always be in the lead of nations, nor can we take it for granted that the US will be led by favorable administrations.
The outcome of WWII was not guaranteed to end in the West's victory.
What made the difference? Prayer! Such people as Rees Howells who knew His Bible and stood before God firmly on it made the difference. We too are called to stand firmly on the Word of God and knock on heaven’s doors till the Supreme and only God, will answer and fulfill His promises.
To read an interesting point of view on the rise of China in our area read here
We prayed from Psalm 2 for the current situation
This psalm speaks of what the nations are doing — plotting against the Lord and His anointed. It speaks of what God has done — He has set His king on Mt. Zion, and it speaks of God’s wisdom and advice given to the nations — humble yourselves and obey God before He rises in His wrath.
- We prayed much from each of the portions of this psalm
- Lord all nations have a plan, but thankfully you have one too! As the nations plot, you carry out your plan.
- Lord the nations will be your inheritance in the world - arise O’ Lord and rule though in the affairs of man on the earth
- We pray for providence to work out in Israel’s favor every time, all the time in every international move that concerns her.
- We acknowledged the Lord’s right to rule the nations
- We acknowledged that this nation and this city belong to Him
- We Thanked God for His unchangeable word and prayed it will be fulfilled to the uttermost
Thank you for standing before the Lord for this nation and for His work in the earth.
Blessings from Jerusalem,