The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Although I was not present at our Wednesday prayer meeting, I am sending these prayer issues that are on our heart. (We bear these constantly whether we are in a prayer meeting or not.)
Our nation's great need
Reading the 7th chapter of Acts is difficult for those who love God's people are praying for them. Acts 7:51 “You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you. Acts 7:52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers, Acts 7:53 who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it.”
What a rebuke! O' how painful it is to realize the depth of our resistance to God and our rejection of our own King and Messiah!
But there is light and hope in this passage, for among the blasphemers and persecutors (1Tim 1:13) and killers of Stephen, stood one who was going to become a Champion and a Defender and a mighty Spreader of the Faith! Saul.
- O' how we long for our people to encounter Messiah in the way Saul did! Nothing is too difficult for God!
- Pray for those who resist the Body of Messiah in the Land and persecute it
- Pray for a mighty visitation of the Living God in this land
- Pray for Yeshua, our King, and Savior to rip the veil from our eyes, that we might behold Him who was pierced for us
- Pray for a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit, the spirit of repentance, and brokenness of heart.
- Pray Psalm 51 for our people.
We have a great hope, firmly anchored in the Word, the Day is approaching, it is coming, soon we pray, that our people will no longer be able to resist the love of God, the Spirit of God and indeed shall become His People and He, their God.
The Servants and leaders of the Body of Messiah
Ezekiel 44 describes two kinds of servants. One type, "the Levites that are gone away far from me, when Israel went astray, which went astray away from me after their idols; they shall even bear their iniquity." (Eze 44:10) Those ministers who perhaps yielded to popular sentiments and "served" the people by leading them in the way they wanted, straight into idolatry.
The other kind, "kept the charge of my sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from me," (Eze 44:15) These servants kept the Word, kept the way, and were faithful to God, no matter what the people wanted, no matter how popular or not they were, no matter if anyone followed them or not; lonely road this is!
Each will have their reward and place in the coming kingdom. We cannot go into it here, but just to say that the greatest reward for anyone who is willing to walk the lonely road of the Word rather than the popular, of the cross rather than the worldly, is "they shall come near to me to minister unto me, and they shall stand before me to offer unto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord GOD:" (Eze 44:15)
- This is what we ourselves long to be; faithful to Him. O to be "near" to Him! Please pray for us in this way.
- Pray for the leaders in the Body of Messiah that they would hear the call of God to be His
- Pray for God's ministers here in the land to be purged of any alloy in their spirit or character
- Pray for God's servants to be made faithful to Him, to bear the Word with both truth and love and preach and teach the full counsel of God
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to bring a purging fire into our hearts and minds. Let Him not spare us, let him not leave us or forsake us to ourselves, but rather bring us near to Himself in purity, holiness, and brokenness
He that Keeps Israel
Lately, there has been lots of jet activity in our area. This morning as they passed by, an ex-lieutenant-colonel who happened to be at our home, remarked and said: "We are close to war." "Hamas," I asked? Not Hamas; in the north (Lebanon, Hezbollah, etc.). "Hamas is nothing" he added. That was the entirety of his comment. What he meant was that Hamas is not our biggest headache, but Hezbollah is. I repeat it not to alarm, nor to excite, but for prayer. Some think that Israel is not ready, or rather is not in the best state of readiness.
We should keep our watch, we should be alive to God and ready to pray as led of the Spirit. We must be confident of this one thing. Psa. 121:4 "Behold, he that keeps Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep." And, Psa. 27:2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Let us keep vigilant, standing on the promises of God for this nation, and for His Kingdom plan. We believe that as was in the time of Joshua, so will be in our times: Josh. 21:45 There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.
Messianic believers making Aliya (immigrating to Israel)
Just recently, a young messianic woman made Aliya to Israel. When the authorities found out she was a believer, they refused to give her citizenship. She went to court (the Supreme Court) and lost the battle.
Personally, I believe she was ill-advised to go into a head-on battle with the Supreme-Court, for recognition as Jew after having accepted Yeshua as Messiah and Lord. The Law states explicitly that those who converted to another religion will not be recognized as Jews and therefore forfeit their right to make Aliya. This law is horrendously wrong and unjust; nevertheless, our people are not ready to change it. The supreme court advised this dear sister to withdraw her case, and they did not even want to discuss it.
Yeshua is The Stumbling Block which the builders rejected, and so it seems even the modern builders of Israel have also rejected. We must pray, we must believe for the breakthrough, for a change, but I believe this change must first be won in prayer in the spiritual realm before it is challenged in court. When our people change, so will the law.
The scriptures must and will be fulfilled. Is. 51:11 Therefore the redeemed of the LORD shall return, and come with singing unto Zion; and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.
But it must be won in prayer first.
- Pray for this young woman - I think she went back to the US or shortly will. Pray for the Lord to draw near her and comfort her and lead her.
- Pray for the successful immigration of Messianic believers
- Pray for a change in the Ministry of Interior (which is controlled by one of the more rabid religious parties)
- Pray for the Word to be fulfilled (as in Isaiah 51:11), all things must yield to the Word! This is our faith, and that is why we pray!
Blessings from Jerusalem,