These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Hos. 3:4 For the children of Israel shall abide many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or sacred pillar, without ephod or teraphim Hos. 3:5 Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God and David their king. They shall fear the LORD and His goodness in the latter days.
Our people’s need for God is overwhelming. One cannot escape it when walking in the streets. We have been, as Hosea says it in chapter 3:4, “many days without king or prince.” Two thousand years to be more precise. Vs. 5 shows that Yeshua is meant.
Our challenge as intercessors who pray for Israel’s salvation is to stand right there, where the need is, and get a hold of God on the ground of His Word, His promises; this is where the prayer battle of faith takes place.
Vs. 5 describes a return and a seeking of our God and our Messiah. What could possibly bring this kind of change? This kind of return? It seems clear from verse 5 that the return and the seeking of God, will be a response, a response to the goodness of God in the latter days! God does something. God reveals Himself; God pours out grace and mercy in such a way that will bring great fear, the fear of God upon us.
To get a glimpse of such a fear, read the account of Yeshua and Peter in Luke 5:1-11
Especially vs.Luke 5:8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus’ knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord!
God’s goodness leads to repentance. In fact, repentance is a great mercy in itself; a great grace from the Lord. O’ for tender hearts, for broken hearts, for convicted hearts, that is what we ask for.
- We prayed for the goodness of God to be poured out on Israel
- We prayed for a great mighty outpouring of the Spirit of grace and supplication.
- We prayed for a mighty conviction to come upon our people.
- We prayed for the revelation of Yeshua the crucified one
- We prayed for the breaking of the hearts of the people of Israel be a sight of the cross
- We prayed for the Lord to unshackle our people from the bondage of religion
- We reminded the Lord that He has promised that he will give us a heart of flesh instead of our stony hearts.
- We prayed that “all shall know him from the greatest to the least, as we experience the forgiveness of our iniquities (See Jeremiah 31:31-34)
Hos. 11:10 They shall go after the LORD; he will roar like a lion; when he roars, his children shall come trembling from the west;
We feel there is a great need in the Body of Messiah for that tender, broken heart. How soon do we forget where we came from, what our condition was. How soon we begin to seek for other things instead of Himself, His face. How quickly we begin to use God for the help and blessing, He gives, ignoring Him personally. All that God has ever wanted from His people is that they should love Him with all of their heart, mind, soul, and strength.
That roar of God must be a great visitation of God through the Holy Spirit bringing great conviction, fear of the Lord
- We prayed for a sight of Messiah again
- We prayed for a mighty conviction in the Body
- We prayed for a mighty outpouring of the real Holy Spirit that would turn us to Messiah
- We prayed for circumcised hearts
- We prayed for the Word of God to be central again in every congregation
- We prayed for the fear of the Lord to seize us all
Praying for our government and leaders in the Land
Our country needs good leadership. We have a great need for security, but also for justice and equity when it comes to how the government cares for the people. Sadly, there is great corruption, neglect of the needy parts of society, and much manipulation for power and by the orthodox.
God has promised to give us good shepherds (see Ezekiel 34:11-30)
He also has the sovereignty and power to give us those good shepherds.
We read from Daniel (for the whole story read Daniel 4:27-37)
Daniel 4:32…..until you know that the Most High rules the kingdom of men and gives it to whom he will.”
Dan. 4:34 …for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom endures from generation to generation;
Dan. 4:35 all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, “What have you done?”
Daniel 4:37 for all his works are right and his ways are just; and those who walk in pride he is able to humble.
Based on the Lord’s authority and sovereignty:
- We prayed good and healthy leadership, free from corruption
- We prayed for a government that will be free from both the extremes of the left and the right
- We prayed for leaders who will be fearless in their dealing with the tycoons
- We prayed for leaders who will withstand the manipulations of the religious parties
- We prayed for leaders who will bring some sanity to our economy and make Israel affordable.
- We prayed for leaders who will watch over Israel’s need for security while navigating the complex world of international politics.
Praying along those lines for world leadership
It seems to us that the world is in a very unstable condition right now. The tensions between the West and North Korea, the tensions between the US and Russia, and conditions in Europe, all require good leadership, statesmanship rather than mere politicly savvy men and women.
We also recognize that God’s plan, and especially as it has to do with Israel and the nations, is greatly contested and resisted. Remember that the world would have looked very different if such leaders as Churchill were not raised up at that critical time.
We noted that the Lord raised intercessors as well, such as Rees Howells, and others who stood in the gap and prayed.
- We prayed that the Lord will bring up good leaders in Europe and in the US
- We prayed for a containment of North Korea, (God knew how to humble Nebuchadnezzar)
- We prayed for leaders in the nations who would be favorable to Israel
- We prayed for the leadership of Europe to recognize the threat of terrorism, call it by name and rise up to fight it.
Thanks for standing with us for all the will of God to be done in these last days. All for His Glory alone!