These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
Jer. 23:8 but, “As the LORD lives who brought up and led the descendants of the house of Israel from the north country and from all the countries where I had driven them.’ And they shall dwell in their own land.”
The restoration of Israel and the utter faithfulness of God
As I was contemplating the verses above, a view of the utter faithfulness of God opened to me. I could “see” the long line that I was part of, and I became aware of the depth of the grace and mercy of God, who in His utter faithfulness has brought us through to the present.
I could “see” that long line being kept throughout our very long history: Egypt, desert, Canaan, destruction, exile, dispersions; as my ancestors went from city to city, from nation to nation, God was always there; unseen and unknown by them, yet nevertheless there. I could “see” how day by day, year by year, decade by decade, centuries — stretching to two millenniums— God was always there; preserving, watching, guarding and finally leading us back to the land. And now, I was sitting before the Lord, in the land, in His Son.
This view was overwhelming to me. God is so lowly, so full of mercy, so patient for so l o n g! God is utterly faithful to Himself, and to His Word; it reaches us as a great mercy.
But God is not done, and the glory of His acts in the hopefully soon future will outshine all that has ever gone before. His glory will outshine all that has gone before.
Jer. 23:5 “Behold, the days are coming,” says the LORD, “That I will raise to David a Branch of righteousness; A King shall reign and prosper, And execute judgment and righteousness in the earth.
Jer. 23:6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely; Now this is His name by which He will be called: THE Lord OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Yeshua will rule, His people will be saved, cleansed, sanctified. All past failure and defeat will be forgotten in light of the enormity of the victory of Messiah’s grace in the Land.
Psa. 72:18 Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, who only does wondrous things.
Psa. 72:19 And blessed be his glorious name for ever: and let the whole earth be filled with his glory; Amen, and Amen
- We celebrated and acknowledged the greatness of God
- We acknowledged and thanked God for who He is
- We acknowledged His faithfulness, mercy, and patience
- We thanked God for His faithfulness to His Word, to Himself
- We acknowledged our people’s total unworthiness of all of this
- We prayed for the fulfillment of those scriptures
- For Aliya - the greater-than-exodus ingathering
- For the revelation Yeshua King of Israel
- For the outpouring of the spirit of Grace and Supplication (Zech 12:10)
- For the repentance of our people and the knowledge of the Blood of Messiah as the only means of justification
- For the fullness as declared in Jeremiah 31:34 (b) …”For they shall all know me, from the last of them unto the greatest of them, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Jer. 23:6 In His days Judah will be saved, And Israel will dwell safely…”
The threats to Israel’s security and existence are enormous. Iran is developing its nuclear capabilities with a declared goal of destroying the nation of Israel from the face of the earth, Hezbollah, Iran’s proxy in Lebanon, has amassed over 150,000 rockets of all ranges covering all of Israel. They are ready and willing to use them if Iran orders them to unleash this fiery fury. Too, the Palestinians have stepped up terror attacks ever since the president of the US declared recognition of Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel.
But God has declared that Israel shall dwell safely - our future is determined, yet we are called to intercede that it shall be so!
- We prayed that God would rise on our behalf to defend us (Zechariah 12:9)
- We prayed for into the situation with Iran
- We asked the Lord to give Israel the technology it needs to meet those threats. For an interesting commentary on this read 2Chronicles 26:15 in the KJV. “Cunning men invented engines…” and Judah and Uzziah were “marvelously helped.”
- We prayed for Israel to be protected against the unceasing cyber attacks coming from her enemies (Iran especially).
The Body of Messiah
Daniel 11:32 …. but the people who do know their God shall be strong and do exploits. KJV
The word “exploits" is not in the text…. the ESV has it as “shall stand firm and take action.”
The Hebrew text can be translated in the following manner: “the people who know their God will get a hold of Him and will act." (Or carry on).
Oh how we need to know the Lord and get a hold of Him in these days, it's God’s calling, see Isaiah 64:7 ("stir" in that verse means to awaken oneself)
- We prayed for the Body
- To be ready
- To be in the Spirit
- To be separated from the spirit of the world
- To be holy
- To be prophetic
- To be mature
- To be awake
- To know God
- To get a hold of God and His strength
Thank you for standing with us before the Lord for the fulfillment of His Word - all for His Glory!
Blessings from Jerusalem