These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
The short story is: Iran sent an unmanned drone into Israel's airspace. Israel shot it down and attacked the facility where it was sent from, deep within Syria. The Syrians sent anti-aircraft missiles and managed to down one Israeli plane.(Apparently, the missile exploded near the plane and did not directly hit it; else both the aircrew would not have survived.) Israel responded by attacking Syrian anti-aircraft batteries and managed to destroy half or at least a third of Syrian anti-aircraft defenses.
The situation within Syria
Syria has just gone through a civil war. Half a million people died, many butchered by their leader Asad and the Syrian army. Eleven million people have become refugees, half of them are within Syria at the moment.
Present within Syria are the following forces: Russia, Iran, Turkey, the US, Rebel forces both pro and anti-Asad, and there is the Syrian army too. Other countries with intense interests in what is happening in Syria and what Iran is doing are the Emirates, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. Every one of these entities has their agenda and interests, which makes for a very volatile and dangerous situation for Israel. Especially as far as the presence of Iranian troops in Syria.[For further reading on the complicated situation in Syria click here, and here ]
Praying for Israel at this present volatile and dangerous time
It is clear from scriptures that the restoration of Israel would excite great opposition from the nations and world order. Great blessing and grace to Israel unfold in the midst of resistance and warfare.
The Word of God is sure. We are not praying just wishing things would go well for Israel, we are praying into and from the sure Word of God. Still, though, we must battle it out in prayer and take our position as Intercessors.
["Intercession is a position we take before God in a particular situation and for a specific cause, and not just something we can do for a couple of hours at a certain time.".... Intercession is...."an ongoing commitment to remain in position before God until the case has been solved." (Johannes Facius, Explaining Intercession, pg. 3)]
Not that you pray 24/7 but that you stand in faith for the thing you are interceding, whether you are praying or going about your daily life.
We used Ezekiel 36, mainly to pray for both the restoration of Israel and the resistance of the nations to it. We give here the references, with hopes that you will read through them and then pray with us.
The general division of the chapter
- The enemy's attitude toward the land and the people: Ezekiel 35:10-11, Ezekiel 36:2
- He will redeem the Land: Ezekiel 8-12
- He will redeem His reputation: Ezekiel 36:18-23
- He will redeem His people: Ezekiel 36:24-30
- He will judge the nations so that they know He is God Ezekiel 36:35-35 (for a deeper picture of this: Joel 3, Zechariah 12)
We thanked God for the certainty of His Word and promises
Lord how blessed we are to pray into certainties! You have guaranteed Israel's well being and prosperity.
We prayed for the Land - Ezekiel 36:8-12, 36
- Lord give us the rains we need to make this land as a garden of Eden as you promised (Ezekiel 36:36)
- Fill our rivers and replenish the aquifers, the lake of Galilee, the dead sea
- Lord cause your people to settle the Negev and the Galilee, give them your vision for the land.
- Lord, you promised to multiply man and beast on this land (Eze. 36:11), make it happen.
- Lord, we pray you will give the government a clear vision in line with your word, to develop all of Israel and not just the center, where most of the voters are.
We prayed for the return of the Jewish people to Israel - Ezekiel 36:24
- Thank you for approval of 1000 Ethiopian Jews to come back this year (see here for more info. 8000 more Jews are stuck in Ethiopia waiting for approval)
- Bring the Jews of the UK and the USA to their real home in Israel
- Lord, break down the bondage of many Jews that hold them in other nations: Materialism? Fear of hardship? Comfortable lives? Financial security? Attachment to their lifestyle? Businesses?
- Lord many Jews are ignorant of their Jewishness, awaken them, please.
- Lord make Israel attractive to Jews in other lands
- Bring a real revolution in housing so that it becomes affordable to immigrants as well as local young people.
- Lord bless such organizations such as Nefesh b'Nefesh who bring young Jewish people to the land to reconnect them to Israel.
- Lord raise up a Messianic Nefesh B'Nefesh who would reconnect Messianic Jews to the Land.
- Lord, there are still Jews in Arab lands, rescue them and bring them home we pray
We prayed for the redemption and salvation of Israel Ezekiel Ezekiel 36:24-30
- Lord save your people
- Reveal Yeshua to your people (Zechariah 12:10)
- Lord bring down the spiritual high towers and walls that keep your people in the dark
- Lord bring down the religious strongholds that are so antagonistic to Yeshua
- Lord bring down the hight towers of intellectualism that see the cross as foolishness
- Lord bring down the walls of humanism in this country
- Let the Word of God arise in great power to bring salvation and faith to your people
- Let the Spirit of grace and supplication be poured out in such a way that many humble themselves to come to you in repentance
- Lord have mercy on your people and bring them into the New Covenant as you have promised.
We prayed for the security of Israel in the face of the present danger Ezekiel 36:35-36
- Lord see how the nations around us have plotted to destroy us, it goes against your word, and we ask that you protect our nation and land.
- See the hatred of Iran towards your people...dis-integrate their power and might that they might cease from their evil plots
- Lord keep Russia in check
- We pray for you to use the many clashing interests of nations to confuse and diffuse the dangerous situation.
- Lord, as you anointed Samson and other judges and kings in the past to defend your people, we ask for that anointing on our military and political leadership.
- Give them your strategy and tactics to face their great schemes successfully
- Thank you for the IDF, strengthen it, but we realize that you are the one who keeps us, ultimately. (Psalm 127:1, Psalm 44:4-8)
- Lord fulfill your purposes on the earth and do not let the enemy have his way
We prayed for Israel's government possibly facing a crisis
With the likelihood of an indictment against our prime minister coming soon, we earnestly prayed for stability at this time. It is hard to know what's what in all of the accusations and counter-accusations being flung in the news. So many people with so many different interests.
- We prayed for the real truth to come out and not some manipulated version of it.
- We prayed for a righteous government to arise in the Land
- Give us, o Lord the leaders this country needs at this time
- Sort out this mess, dear Lord, for the glory of your name and your unchanging Word
- Keep Israel safe during this time, you see the many dangers we are facing
- Expose any agenda from any quarter which is harmful to Israel at this time.
Thank you for standing with us and more importantly, with the Lord in His plan and agenda for the nation of Israel.
Blessings from Jerusalem,