The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
There is nothing in all the earth that could compare with a tender heart towards the Lord. A tender heart is a soft heart, a broken heart, a lowly heart, a humble heart. It is a heart that responds to God instead of resisting him. It is the kind of heart that God values. Just listen to what He said to Josiah when he humbled himself before the Lord:
2Chr. 34:27 because your heart was tender, and you humbled yourself before God when you heard His words against this place and against its inhabitants, and you humbled yourself before Me, and you tore your clothes and wept before Me, I also have heard you,” says the LORD.
At the same time, God's people were anything but tender towards Him. God sent Jeremiah to call the people back to the Lord (he began to prophecy one year after Josiah started to clean Jerusalem up). But, they treated His Word with scorn and contempt, ".....Behold, the word of the LORD is a reproach to them; They have no delight in it." (Jer 6:10). They loved, instead, the lying words of the false prophets (Jer. 5:31).
"Stand in the ways and see, And ask for the old paths, where the good way is, And walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls," the Lord pleads with them, "But they said, ‘We will not walk in it.'" "Listen at least to the voice of the watchmen who blow the warning trumpet as the enemy approaches," He pleads again, "But they said, ‘We will not listen." (Jer. 6:17)
This was their heart condition, although outwardly, they were worshiping God as usual. (Jer. 7:20)
Praying for the salvation of Israel
Praying for Israel's salvation, we who live here, must face the condition of our people. We cannot pray superficially out of a sense of our specialness as a people, nor from a sense of entitlement or any such thing. To pray deeply we must face our spiritual condition sincerely.
And so we were moved to pray long, before God, to grant our people a broken, contrite, repentant heart.
- We prayed for the Lord Himself to visit His nation and shine His face upon us again. Psa. 80:3 Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.
- Turn us again O Lord to your, shine your face upon us and let thy grace invade our land
- Return to us dear Lord: Psa. 80:14 Return, we beseech thee, O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine;
- Lord reveal your righteousness in the cross of Messiah and break up that awful self-righteousness that is so prevalent in this nation, especially in religious circles
- Lord, it is in Messiah that the veil is removed - bring Israel to that place
- Lord, unveil your Son to Israel - there is no escape from sin and death except there
- Lord, we beseech you to bring deep conviction in the land
- Lord tear away the facade of religion and traditions to reveal the only way to life
- Lord, bring a divinely inspired dissatisfaction on the people and show them the emptiness of all else but Messiah
- Father, you have brought us to the Land, but when will you bring us to you?!
- We cry for your intervention in this land. How long will you look at our estate O Lord and not move to save us
- Break our hearts at Calvary dear Lord, Break our hearts at the cross
- Break our hearts and let us tremble at your goodness flowing from Calvary
- Break our hearts O Lord and grant us new hearts dear Lord, hearts alive to you
We prayed for the Body of Messiah for a tender, broken heart before God
Mark 1:15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
These were the first words of Yeshua in ministry as recorded in the Gospels. God's words are not just an invitation, but enablement. They give us the power and the freedom to turn to Him!
- Lord, we need you! Lord, we want you! Yes we need miracles, yes we need healings, but above all things, we need a heart after God, a broken and tender heart always turned towards you, ever keeping us in your presence
- Lord come to us and show us what we need to turn from
- Lord, we seek a place of abiding in you
- Restore us to waking with you, trusting in you and nothing else
- Lord give us a heart that loves to obey you, a heart that loves your presence
- Lord give us a fresh hunger for your word
- Draw near to us and draw us to be near you in a real way
- Enable us, dear Lord, to lay down everything at your feet and seek your face
- Lord remove the "other chair" (of self-pleasing) and let us sit on only one - a life of pleasing you
- Lord help us to learn from you daily, walk with you daily
- Lord grant us tender hearts that hear you calling us
- We want to be like you Lord and not like the world
- We thank you for your blood Yeshua - make us alive to its power and the mercy that has been given in its shedding.
- We thank you for the cross - make us alive to its power and reality
- We thank you for the Word - make us alive to it, and hungry for it
- We thank you for your Spirit - Make us alive to His reality in our lives and yield to Him
Thank you for standing with us. We pray that as you pray these things, your own heart will experience that softening, and tenderness that come from God.
Blessings from Jerusalem,