These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
The current crisis around the standoff between NK and the US is severe in its implications and possibilities of war. The situation demands our intercessions.
Although some people breathed a sigh of relief when North Korea backed away from her deadline to launch missiles on Guam, the situation has not changed at all.
“Kim Dong-yub, a professor and a military expert at Kyungnam University's Institute of Far Eastern Studies in Seoul urged caution in assuming North Korea was bluffing with its missile threats. "There is no stepping back for North Korea. Those who don't know the North very well fall into this trap every time (thinking they are easing threats) but we've seen this before.” (1)
Here is a partial list of some of the deeper issues regarding North Korea. North Korea’s ties to Iran, Hamas, Hezbollah, etc., has deep implications for Israel and her future!
(To read the full article go to https://clarionproject.org/10-ways-north-korea-impacts-jihad-threat/
- The Iranian and North Korean WMD programs should be seen as a single entity. Iran and North Korea have shared virtually everything when it comes to ballistic missile and nuclear technology.
- North Korea has Links to Hamas, Hezbollah and reportedly Al-Qaeda-tied terrorists in the Philippines.
- North Korea has threatened to sell nuclear weapons to other countries and even international terrorist groups. It now has up to 60 nuclear weapons, a number that could grow to 100 by 2020.
- NK has Joint cyber warfare programs with Iran. Both Iran and North Korea have launched cyber attacks on the U.S. and its allies with minimal consequences.
- Reported plans for a two-front war by Iran, Syria and North Korea.There have been intelligence reports since the early 1990s indicating that Iran, Syria and North Korea had a deal to force the U.S. into a two-front war if any one of them came into military conflict with America.
- Bogging down the U.S.If the situation escalates.
- North Korean Terrorists Could Target U.S. Soil.
We took note of the fact that in 1994, President Clinton reached an agreement with North Korea to stop developing its nuclear capabilities in exchange for economic ease and help. The North Koreans promptly used that aid to finance their research. Appeasement of despots and dictators does not work; as we well know.
The enemy has his plan, he is animating the nations, but God is sovereign, God has spoken. Therefore we must intercede!
Psalm 96, Psalm 66:3-4, psalm 66:7, psalm 83:2-4, psalm 83:16, psalm 83:18
- We prayed from those verses given above
- We declared: “Lord you reign”
- We prayed for the Lord to contain North Korea, including dealing with its despot ruler Kim Jong Un
- We prayed for the Lord to contain Iran in her effort to reach Israel’s borders in Syria
- We prayed for the Lord to set a line for the enemy beyond which he cannot cross
- We prayed for the Lord to judge the nations with equity (we noted that even nature rejoices when God comes to judge the earth — see Romans 8:21)
- We prayed for wisdom and balance for the US leadership
- We prayed for the sanctions against NK to bring NK to its knees
Praying for Israel
We were led to read portions of Isaiah 40. God’s purpose is to reveal His Glory in the earth; this purpose is tied to the nation of Israel and her restoration in the last days. The chapter shows that here great resistance to God’s purpose, but it also shows that the nations are no match for God (what an understatement!). There is also opposition to God’s glory within the land and the people, in the spiritual realm.
- We prayed for the comforting of Israel in her God! (salvation)
- We prayed the Lord would make a way in the desert of our spiritual condition as a nation
- We prayed for all resistance to God in this nation and all opposition to Israel’s physical restoration to be obliterated
- We cried out for the Lord to reveal His glory in our nation. We have been 2000 years without that Glory-Presence of God. How we long for Him, for His presence, for His nearness!
- We prayed for all opposition of man to wither!
- We prayed for all resistance of world leaders to God’s purpose to dry up
- We prayed for the Holy Spirit to be poured out in and on the Land.
- We prayed for the will of God to be fulfilled.
- We prayed into the resistance for the nations against the Living God to His plan
- We prayed for Israel's salvation, not destruction (as is the will of many nations).
Praying for Israel’s government
Proverbs 14:35, Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people.
- We continued to pray for a cleanup in the Israeli government.
- We prayed for clarity and truth in the current allegations against so many of our leaders, from the Prime Minister to the mayors of various towns who are under investigation for corruption.
- We asked the Lord to bring light into the very darkest corners.
- We asked the Lord to remove corrupt people in the government
- We prayed for the Lord to give wisdom and unity to the government, both for our need and our security as a nation
- We prayed the fear of the Lord to come upon our leaders
Praying for the Body of Messiah in the Land
1Pet. 2:5 you also, as living stones, are being built up a spiritual house, a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
The Body is called to be a spiritual house and a holy priesthood.
- We prayed for the Lord to clean up His own house
- We prayed for the Lord to separate us unto Himself
- We prayed to become an actual intercessory body in the land
- We prayed that we would be all that the Lord died for us to be
- We prayed for a mighty work of the real Holy Spirit in our midst
- We prayed for a spirit of prayer to come upon the people
- We prayed for a great call of God unto prayer to come upon the Body
- We prayed for holiness to be a characteristic of the Body of Messiah in Israel
Thanks for standing with us for all the will of God to be done in these last days. All for His Glory alone!