The following is shared with you to help you in your own praying and interceding.
These are prayer directions rather than prayer points.
We want to leave room for the Holy Spirit to lead you and your group to pray as you are led.
If you would like to receive these Prayer Directions regularly, or
If at any time you want to be removed from the list, please write us at:
"An unusual spring storm blasts Israel with heavy rain and hail, causing floods and property damage across the country." Ynetnews
We were inspired by the experience of the violent storm to pray for the Body in the Land. Oh how we need the Lord's storm! How we need for the Lord to arise in the midst, with power and light!
Is. 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily.
Is. 28:17 Also I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place.
- Lord we beseech you for a true revival of the Body of Messiah in the Land
- Sweep in O Lord and invade us with your Presence
- Invade us with an insatiable thirst and hunger for your Word
- Pour upon us the Spirit of Grace and Supplication - the Holy Spirit that causes us to humble ourselves and turn to you!
- Come into our fellowships and sweep away all things that offend you
- Come into our midst and anoint your people afresh to worship you in Spirit and in Truth
- Refresh your people with the rain of heaven lest they become discouraged and become weary
- Shine the Light of your Word so brightly and chase away all deception and seduction, all the false.
- Fill the pulpits in the Land with fire and power and conviction (1Th. 1:5 ESV)
- Give your people victory over the world and all it has to offer
- Give us souls Lord, bring many to faith and fill the congregations with the newly saved.
- Make your Body a Lamp, a powerful beacon, shining the Light of your name into the darkness that is all around us.
- Make your Body a place of salvation, cleansing, release, baptism, freedom from sin, victory, healing and the love of God.
The unexpected storm inspired us to pray for Israel's salvation with renewed faith
Psa. 126:4 Bring back our captivity, O Lord, As the streams in the South.
Is. 55:10 “For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, And do not return there, But water the earth, And make it bring forth and bud, That it may give seed to the sower And bread to the eater,
Is. 55:11 So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.
Rain in the Negev (southern part of Israel) flows violently in the wadis (dry river beds). The clayish earth hardens up and does not absorb the water. Thus the riverbeds fill up with gushing water.
We were inspired by the suddenness of this storm (which is still upon us at this writing) and its ferocity. Oh how things can change in a moment. How the Lord can open the heavens at any time and cause such a downpour - as He promised to do (Joel 2:28, Ezekiel 36:26:27, Zechariah 12:10). And we are assured by the verses above, that the Word, already gone out and spoken so many centuries ago, is working its way to fulfillment! The Word is not idle!
- Lord open the heavens and bring a storm of salvation upon this land
- Let this storm devastate and damage the works of the enemy in so many lives.
- Lord bring salvation, bring deliverance upon this nation
- See Lord, your nation sitting in darkness, see our captivity Lord and bring release
- Send your word and let it be as a fire amongst the thorns, spreading quickly in unimagined mercy and grace
- Let there be such a wave of salvations that it cannot be contained
- Let every Word you have spoken regarding this land be fulfilled
- Let every promise you have made to this nation become reality
- We stand before you to remind you of your promises, claim them and ask you to fulfill them for your glory.
We were reminded of the clouds of war gathering around Israel and were inspired to pray for her security
Is. 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things that are not yet done, Saying, “My counsel shall stand, And I will do all My pleasure,’
Psa. 135:6 Whatever the Lord pleases He does, In heaven and in earth, In the seas and in all deep places.
How sovereign the Lord is! Whatever God thinks, He also has power and wisdom to carry out! Whatever the Lord pleases - He does! And we know that it has pleased Him to restore Israel to the land and He has been pleased to promise His protection and personal involvement in our security situation! See Isaiah 54:17, Zechariah 2:9, Zechariah 12:9, Joel 3:16
- Father, we stand before you with these promises. We beseech you to move and act in fulfillment of them.
- Father see how the nations rage against you and your people - rise O Lord and cover this land with your wings.
- Frustrate and bring to naught the enemy's sworn declaration to annihilate your beloved people (see here )
- Lord the nations are as a drop in the bucket for you, Isaiah 40:15-17 no nation can defy your will forever. Have your way with Iran. Do your will as it relates to Israel's security, with Russia, Syria, Turkey and all the nations that are a threat to your people.
We ended our prayer time with prayer for our government
For wisdom to know what to do in the face of the threat in the north, the trouble in Gaza.
- We prayed into 1Chro 2:32
- We also prayed from Jeremiah 23 for our internal situation in the land. The Lord has promised to give us shepherds who will care for His people. We stood on those promises and words, for the present government.
May the Lord be very gracious to you and touch your heart, mind, soul, and spirit to give you life, grace and a deep desire to seek His face to know Him.
Blessings from Jerusalem,